Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5075 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
happy2
post Posted: Nov 5 2004, 03:14 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: crowman28 on Friday 05/11/04 03:09pm

G'day Crowman,

Looks like this might have the same fate as PSD...upwards from here. I am of two minds which will be the better PSD or EPT. But I am betting ICS will leave them both in there tracks.

--------------------
Have a good one

Happy 2

"Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification".

Caveat Emptor: the above comments are merely opinion, not advice.

crowman28
post Posted: Nov 5 2004, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: amokk20us on Friday 05/11/04 12:50pm

Still a very good close for the week considering a lot of punters are willing to hold over the weekend. cool.gif

amokk20us
post Posted: Nov 5 2004, 11:50 AM
  Quote Post

Hmmmmm.....

Very Interesting, Thanks Quinent.

Quinent
post Posted: Nov 5 2004, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

A poster (not me) on ozestock says he has information that a german pharma has signed up with EPT...

I'm just repeating what the poster said... not expressing any opinions as to its validity...

amokk20us
post Posted: Nov 5 2004, 11:16 AM
  Quote Post

Gathering momentum.

Anything in the works?

graduated.gif graduated.gif graduated.gif

rental
post Posted: Oct 29 2004, 01:45 PM
  Quote Post

It is not new stock. Just a transfer.

Featured Stock Stories

happy2
post Posted: Oct 29 2004, 01:28 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Quinent on Wednesday 27/10/04 02:40pm

Dr. T.E. Winters picks up another bundle of EPT stock 2.7 million. I thought his previous bundles at .30c and .077 excellent acquistions, but the consideration for this lot was $nil.

--------------------
Have a good one

Happy 2

"Knowledge is a process of piling up facts; wisdom lies in their simplification".

Caveat Emptor: the above comments are merely opinion, not advice.

Quinent
post Posted: Oct 27 2004, 02:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: FLOYD2 on Wednesday 27/10/04 02:34pm

Floyd2,

The testing and apporval process takes a hell of a long time... I think I read somewhere that to get most drugs to market in the US it takes 8 - 10 years... so the 'final stages of testing' could well be 3 more years...

Cheers,

Brendan

FLOYD2
post Posted: Oct 27 2004, 02:34 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: rental on Tuesday 26/10/04 04:11pm

Can someone clarify for me...."the final stages of testing" v "could be available in 3 years"? Seems a bit inconsistent?

Thanks in advance.

rental
post Posted: Oct 26 2004, 04:11 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (SpookyOz @ Thursday 21/10/04 09:19am)

Stimulate the cells that darken the skin to get a tan
10 /25 /2004 5:25 AM
By: Ivanhoe Newswire

In just a few short years, you may not need the sun to get the perfect tan. It sounds too good to be true - a sunless suntan that protects you from the sun's harmful UV rays.

But researchers have uncovered a group of molecules they say stimulate the cells that darken the skin.

"Our product will stimulate the cells in your skin, they're called melanocytes, to make a natural pigment called melanin," said endocrinologist Mac Hadley, Ph.D., of University of Arizona in Tucson.

Thirty years ago, Dr. Hadley realized he had discovered something special when he found the molecule that helps frogs change colors to avoid predators.

He and fellow researchers patented the molecules with the idea that they might be useful in causing a human being to develop a tan. This could mean the risk of skin cancer could be significantly lower.

"The melanin forms right above the nucleus of the cell and forms a screen, a pigmentary screen, and now when the ultra violent light comes down, it's absorbed by the melanin, and therefore, not by the DNA," Dr. Hadley explained.

So far, no significant side effects have been seen with the drug, but it may put a huge dent in the tanning booth business. "Either we're going to eliminate the tanning booth," said Dr. Hadley, "or they're going to come along and use our molecule to help deliver and give you maybe the whole body tan."

Melanotan is in the final stages of testing in Australia and could become available within three years.

Interestingly, say researchers, the drug has also been looked at for erectile dysfunction. In a small study, nine out of 10 men with erectile dysfunction were able to develop an erection while on the drug.

5075 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 5001 5002 5003 5004 5005 5006 5007 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING