Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

AJL, AJ LUCAS LIMITED
hungry
post Posted: Mar 1 2010, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

Worst maybe over now. Rep on Friday gives a +ve outlook for the next half.
Seems to be holding support now after the rep.
Maybe a tradeable st bounce here.

Col Lector
post Posted: Jun 2 2009, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: hungry's post @ Apr 29 2009, 03:43 PM

Alan,
Shareholders are overdue for some positive pronouncements....maybe time for management to dynamically extract from their apparently entrenched bearish navel-gazing!! After all we are a prime-player in the booming CSG sector with a raft of strategic energy investments on the boil...
Maybe some positive news on these would be timely??

But Alan, are you capable of talking up the company? By this stage the market, and particularly your suffering shareholders, are WELL AWARE of your propensity for (& over-readiness to publicly admit to) stuff-ups, mistimings, the ability to sell golden-geese at the bottom of the market and to transact company-knobbling finance deals...
I personally feel the release of wrong information in the last report was unforgiveable...particularly when accompanied by another round of inappropriate venting to the market, seemingly just to accentuate the impact on the AJL sp., and the pain inflicted.

If unable positively invigorate the market, then may I suggest harnessing your "mea maxima culpa" to shareholder benefit...? by way of a VSD maybe?.
..ie, a Very Special Dividend ...whereby you liquidate your holdings and send a cheque to each of the faithful shareholders that have suffered by way of your actions at the helm.
Cheers
RS

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Barra  

hungry
post Posted: Apr 29 2009, 03:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: badahur's post @ Apr 29 2009, 03:18 PM

Badahur

I haven't been watching since I bailed shortly after my last post, when there was no continuation after the breakout.
Some mining service sector stocks have been doing poorly in general with contracts cancelled & profit downgrades.

The bot trading can push in both directions to keep it within it's channel range if thats what they want. It's still a 25% (approx) range, so money to be made in the swings.

badahur
post Posted: Apr 29 2009, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

The volumes are not that big but the number of trades is high.

I know its a bot at work but to what end?

It managed to stop the last rise in its tracks.

Shouldn't be the company as no buy back notices listed.

It's got me.

Ideas anyone.

cheers
badahur

--------------------
The devil is in the detail.
The writing on the side your gun says "REPLICA" whereas the writing on the side of mine says "0.50 Calibre DESERT EAGLE".
I don't like your chances.

hungry
post Posted: Apr 17 2009, 11:31 AM
  Quote Post

Broke out of consolidation & resis yest on rising vol. Continueing along nicely this morning with vol to be higher again by eod.
Next stop may be around the 3.50 lev.

arty
post Posted: Mar 6 2009, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: johnel's post @ Mar 6 2009, 12:51 PM

Hi John,
AJL came back on my radar a couple of days ago (see chart)
Today's announcement about their having been added to the ASX Top 200 explained why.
Maybe it's not too late to get on board - although I'd prefer to wait if there isn't a chance of it closing the gap. Say $2.50?
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

johnel
post Posted: Mar 6 2009, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: badahur's post @ Feb 19 2009, 09:30 AM

Missed this one, a pullback could present another entry point ,chart shows a turn but will it hold, good trade for those that bought in. Operates in a reasonably diverse areas.

badahur
post Posted: Feb 19 2009, 09:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Barra's post @ Feb 3 2009, 06:59 AM

Seems like no one like them at the moment. Despite the buyback they don't seem to be able to put a solid floor on the price. A significant drop over the last few days. They should be happy to pick up a few more of their own shares at this price. Maybe $3.00 will be the low.

Might get some interest when the report comes out. Tomorrow or Monday I think.

All the best

badahur

--------------------
The devil is in the detail.
The writing on the side your gun says "REPLICA" whereas the writing on the side of mine says "0.50 Calibre DESERT EAGLE".
I don't like your chances.

Barra
post Posted: Feb 3 2009, 06:59 AM
  Quote Post

They are buying back shares but very very slowly...at the current rate is will take 2 years to complete the 10% bay back .

Been waiting for a quarterly and now I see they usually do half yearly reports..so mid Feb it will be..best guess is EBITDA of
$41- 43 million for the half year (allowing for a little extra throughput for the 2nd qtr from Mitchell drilling and no one off expenses from the pipes division) Add $260m in cash from Gloucester, debt pay down, tax , should leave $100- $140 m at a guess. Not bad going for a company worth $265 m..

Anyone with a different view? Are there some negatives beyond the markets dislike for industrials atm?. I think maybe I have the blinkers on.

Sinner
post Posted: Jan 24 2009, 09:22 PM
  Quote Post

I'm 99% sure they are required to announce any shares bought back, e.g. AZZ, VTP and LRF currently. So assume AJL have bought none back.
Cheers!

15 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING