Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Surf Report.
nipper
post Posted: Jan 14 2021, 06:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 14 2021, 06:07 PM

yes I did

This guy. He is a water skier, of repute. Just does it on monster waves like Jaws and Mavericks !

https://www.theinertia.com/surf/chuck-patte...ing-january-10/

of course he had a jetski tow. (!)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 14 2021, 06:07 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 14 2021, 05:17 PM

ps

Did you see the funky guy catching the wave on snow skis !!?? Maybe water skis .......

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Jan 14 2021, 05:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 14 2021, 05:05 PM

Yep, I agree with that... Mavericks looks like just another wave. ... Until. OK so it is 50 ft. and also he wasn't towed by jetski, which makes it all the more remarkable. Such power

The tube footage .... I found myself leaning in. I've been in a tube, but not like that. Maybe 1/27th!?!?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 14 2021, 05:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jan 14 2021, 04:23 PM

Barrelling forever ....... what a ride.

I've been watching Peter Mel's ride for a couple of days. Doesn't look so special until you look at dozens of other Mavericks rides.
What thickness of wetsuit did he have ? Looks about 10mm ....... Michelin man stuff. I've been in some west coast water ..... it's absolutely freezing, even colder than Arctic circle water in Finland !!!

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

nipper
post Posted: Jan 14 2021, 04:23 PM
  Quote Post

I wish to report this .... amazing surf ride ... 27 seconds in the barrel ride in Namibia

https://www.theinertia.com/surf/koa-smith-w...-second-barrel/

and what is called the ride of the decade, at Mavericks, last week
https://www.theinertia.com/surf/why-peter-m...ble-for-us-all/

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: rlane  

LRR
post Posted: Dec 13 2010, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

thanks - nice to have a report straight from SS!

just curious - where is this taken from? Sydney?

mjwk
post Posted: Dec 13 2010, 06:14 AM
  Quote Post

34.930S
150.783E

Sunrise: 5.38 EDT

Bearing: 110deg.

Wind: WSW 2kts.

Water Temp: 18deg.

Waves: 1 to 1.5 feet. {glassy}

Air Temp: 16deg. Clear Skys.

Tip; Start the day with a smile.

--------------------
[font="Arial Black"]Flatout.[/font]

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING