Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

PLS, PILBARA MINERALS LIMITED
macdtrader
post Posted: Jun 19 2019, 09:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macdtrader's post @ May 3 2019, 01:56 PM

80c exit was sublime in retrospect.

The lithium market is in massive over supply.

I might buy again at 50.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

macdtrader
post Posted: May 3 2019, 01:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 3 2019, 01:53 PM

I was QGC holder many moons ago.

nipper
post Posted: May 3 2019, 01:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macdtrader's post @ May 3 2019, 01:14 PM

WES for KDR !
....it's like CSG consolidation all over again

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

macdtrader
post Posted: May 3 2019, 01:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macdtrader's post @ Apr 18 2019, 04:48 PM

Now that WOR bid on KDR set the cat amongst the pigeons.
Nice buying opportunity early this week.
Filled my boots. Looking for a 80c exit.

macdtrader
post Posted: Apr 18 2019, 04:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Apr 9 2019, 10:44 PM

It will be very interesting to see what price they get for the part sale, if any?
Short sellers running rampant on PLS this week. In full control.
I thought the stage 3 DFS was compelling. Westfarmers the under bidder for Wodgina as well.
Should attract interest from many parties.
Perhaps this is one big push down from the institutions so they can begin to cover.
Will load up the truck if the selling persists.
Tier 1 asset of global significance.

blacksheep
post Posted: Apr 9 2019, 10:44 PM
  Quote Post

Lynas not the only game in town for Wesfarmers
The next is a stake in Pilbara Minerals' Pilgangoora Project - where Macquarie Capital is seeking buyers for up to 49 per cent of the project, to help Pilbara Minerals fund the project and its associated processing facility.

https://www.afr.com/business/banking-and-fi...20190409-p51caz

Others mentioned WES is/was looking at in lithium space - stake in MIN's Wodgina (missed out) and KDR which is said to be further back in terms of list of priorities
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 28 2019, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

A couple of anns out today - SP up 7.14% currently @ 75c. Perhaps shorts covering? Total short positions as at 22/3/19 = 9.01%
https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=pls
Pilbara Declares Commercial Production at Pilgangoora
Achievement of sustained output and quality of concentrate from Stage 1 (2mtpa) operation supports
declaration of commercial production
HIGHLIGHTS
• Declaration of commercial production follows the achievement of sustained
spodumene concentrate production during the first six months of operations.
• Production – sustained delivery of spodumene concentrate:
o Production in excess of 111,199 dry metric tonnes (dmt)
1 of saleable product to date
in FY19; and
o March quarter production forecast between 47,000 – 52,000 dmt of spodumene
concentrate (December quarter: 47,859 dmt), despite the impact of Tropical
Cyclone Veronica.
• Feed-rate – process plant feed-rate readily meeting design requirements of 270 tonnes of
processed ore per operating hour.
• Product Quality – consistent production of spodumene concentrate meeting target SC6.0
(6% lithia content) and iron specifications:
o Seven shipments completed totalling 95,270 wet metric tonnes (wmt) at 6.03% Li2O
in FY19.
• Recovery – average lithia recovery rates have been stable, albeit below the Company’s
planned recovery curve. Initiatives are in place to achieve design capacity by December

PILBARA MINERALS TO COMMENCE STAGE 3 PARTNERING PROCESS

Partners to be considered for Stage 3 offtake, chemical plant participation and potential minority
interest sell-down of the Pilgangoora Project, supporting both the continued expansion of Pilgangoora
via Stages 2 and 3 and Pilbara Minerals' downstream participation strategy

HIGHLIGHTS
• Partnering process commenced to consider Stage 3 offtake, further vertically integrated
chemical facilities and the potential sale of a minority project level interest in the
Pilgangoora Project of between 20% to 49%.
• Recent transactions in the lithium raw materials industry highlight the value in
interconnecting mine ownership, product offtake and downstream chemical facilities.
• Pilbara Minerals has received interest from third parties in respect of project ownership and
product offtake at Pilgangoora, indicating the potential strategic value in owning an
interest in a large, world-class operating lithium mine.
• Outcome from partnering process expected in mid-2019. Pilbara Minerals will only
introduce a partner should it enhance the value of the project and support the Company’s
strategy and growth aspirations.
• Existing downstream POSCO JV to remain separate and will be excluded from the minority
partnering process.
• Compelling Stage 3 Scoping Study on the proposed expansion of Pilgangoora to 7.5Mtpa,
together with the partnering process being announced today, expected to support an
optimised funding package for the combined Stage 2 and 3 Pilgangoora expansions.
• Recent A$50 million equity placement to Ganfeng provides immediate funds to support
continued preliminary works for the Stage 2 expansion.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Mar 12 2019, 11:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Jan 14 2019, 08:54 PM

extract from Joe Lowry's recent article - Lithium Blunders: from the Big 3 to Oz - Ken Brisden/PLS gets a mention

The failures of the former Big 3 helped speed the growth of Ganfeng and Tianqi and created opportunities “Down Under” which leads me to a “blunder in progress”.

Emerging Blunder #4, comes from the ‘Merry Old Land of Oz”. I am a big a fan of Australia. Friendly, hard working people, great food and a long standing mining culture. Unfortunately, Australia's strength in mining also drives their weakness in how they think about lithium. Too many Aussies talk about “lithium mining”. Yes, lithium is mined in Oz but that is the easy part. The alpha but certainly not the omega. The rest of the world clearly understands that lithium is really a chemical business with, in some cases, a mining component.

Australia and many newly minted lithium pundits born and bred in Oz talk about Western Australia as the #1 lithium producer on the planet. To those who think that is true, let me ask – if you are #1, why aren't you currently in the top 3 in lithium value capture? I will leave my Aussie readers to curse me on Hot Copper while they search their souls for the answer or re-read the “The Lithium Valley”- LOL. Please listen to Episode 23 of the Global Lithium Podcast where one of your own talks common sense about capturing value downstream. I admire what “the man from the land down under” aka Ken Brinsden has done at Pilbara. He understands the future and has a practical plan to get there as Pilbara grows. He knows that the future lies in Australian companies capturing value from both mining and lithium chemical production.

read more - https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/lithium-blun...-3-oz-joe-lowry
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Jan 14 2019, 08:54 PM
  Quote Post

PLS gets a mention in the following article.

extract from The Bull's - 2018 ASX 200 Winners and Losers - http://www.thebull.com.au/premium/a/79480-...and-losers.html

A newcomer to share market investing would look at this list and wonder how four of the five stocks with the highest growth forecasts performed so poorly in 2018. What’s more, even a casual follower of business news has read of the coming emergence of Electric Vehicles (EVs). Hardly a person on the planet is unfamiliar with the lithium-ion battery that powers the electronic toys of today and the vehicles of tomorrow.

Three of those four worst performers are in the business of mining the metals needed to produce those li-ion batteries. Those three companies – Pilbara Minerals (PLS), Orocobre Limited (ORE), and Syrah Resources (SYR) along with satellite communications provider Speedcast International (SDA) are all in the ASX Top 30 Short List.

In the eyes of many retail investors, the short-sellers, or shorts, are the smartest people in the room since with the unlimited risks they face due diligence is a premium without which they cannot do.

The essence of short selling is borrowing shares at a given price and profiting when the price drops and the seller buys the shares at the lower price and pockets the difference. When the price goes the opposite way the losses keep mounting, theoretically to infinity, until the shorts panic and buy to cover. That means, in theory at least, the shorts need to be virtually certain a given stock is due for a downtrend.

So why would they bet against EVs and their battery packs? Retail investors who have been in the game for awhile know how quickly a red-hot sector can freeze over. In the fire-up stage investors rush in to buy and producers rush in to produce more of whatever has caught fire, thus inadvertently lowering the price. Orocobre and Pilbara are in the lithium business while [u][b]Syrah is a graphite producer. Initially the shorts appear to have latched on to the falling price of both graphite and lithium as the perception crept into the market that supply was outstripping demand. In addition, some experts were questioning the extremely optimistic forecasts for EV demand in the next decades.
[/b][/u]
Now there is a new concern; one that was always there and has now bubbled to the surface. The truth is the lithium-ion battery may not be the technology of tomorrow as it has serious drawbacks. Right now, cobalt, graphite, nickel, and manganese are in the mix but research efforts for alternatives abound. The industry was shocked in mid-2018 when Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk made the claim that cobalt, once the must have metal, would be less evident in Tesla batteries in favor of increased nickel content, a cheaper metal.

That could have served as a reminder of the potential of other minerals falling out of the mix in the future. The price of both lithium and graphite has been volatile over the past several years, but both are improving.

While the price of both metals fell due to the oversupply issue, lithium recovered more quickly than graphite. Now the concern for graphite has shifted to shortage concerns with the price gradually improving in 2017. The following graph is from Canadian producer Northern Graphite.

All three of these companies are on the cusp of major production capability and at the very least deserve a spot on any investor’s watchlist.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 12 2018, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

Corporate presentation out - .... slide 20 ; hard rock lithium (spodumene) producers, with Grade plotted against Resource Tonnes.

When you're pulling out a 2% Li2O feedstock, to be 'concentrated' to 6%, size matters

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING