Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

Baltic Dry Index
wren
post Posted: May 24 2013, 10:50 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 24 2013, 08:27 AM

Great idea Mick.Would think you would qualify for a Taxpayer funded grant to pursue and refine the concept.

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 24 2013, 08:27 AM
  Quote Post

There has not been a tout on the BDI for while, I think its time.
Down to 905.
And the chart suggests it is falling again.
If the price keeps falling, I might hire one of those big cape sized vessels, fill it full of the dongas that will be left over after the mining boom, and start cruise holidays for the unemployed.

http://www.investmenttools.com/futures/bdi...c_dry_index.htm

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wren  triage  

triage
post Posted: May 28 2012, 08:30 AM
  Quote Post

It seems someone forgot to tell COSCO that recent months have been really really rosey for Chinese shipping...

China COSCO Holdings Co., the country's biggest state-owned shipping firm, could seek up to 10 billion yuan from the Ministry of Finance after record losses in 2011.

http://english.caixin.com/2012-04-12/100379136.html

But hey why let a few facts get in the way of a good bias. wink.gif

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Dave_vic_ozz  

arty
post Posted: Mar 31 2012, 12:24 AM
  Quote Post

now this is a "gentle rise" smile.gif

Attached File  BaDI_30_03_12.gif ( 13.75K ) Number of downloads: 13

approaching the 3-month EMA, which may easily offer some resistance.
If crossed, charts will usually accelerate in the crossing direction - up in this case.

PS: No, you can't trade the BaDI, Merc; I can, however, present the usual Trinity chart for another month. Once MA 7 (on the webIRESS back-end) has replaced our trusty old MA Pro, only selected (relevant) O/Seas indices and currencies will be available.
(Enjoy it while it lasts rolleyes.gif .)

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

mercury
post Posted: Mar 11 2012, 10:58 AM
  Quote Post

What ways can a person 'bet' ....trade....invest in the BDI?

Thanks
Merc

flower
post Posted: Mar 8 2012, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Mar 8 2012, 11:34 AM

Which only goes to prove the hiring rate effect of the recent deliveries of the long ago ordered bulk dry vessels, and does not reflect the supposed "collapse" of China!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

triage
post Posted: Mar 8 2012, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Mar 8 2012, 12:15 AM

On 4 Jan the poster flower submitted:

"Just to make sure the facts are accurately reported arty--I said on December 16th the BDI was gently rising, and so it was, it fell through my support line on December 20th (4 days after my post)--and btw the BDI is just about to climb again..."

For the record: on 16 Dec 11 the BDI was at 1880, on 4 Jan 12 the BDI was at 1552 and the recent low was hit on 2 Feb 12 and was 647. Bloomberg is currently showing the BDI to be at 798.

Since 16 Dec 11 the index has dropped about 58%, since 4 Jan 12 it has dropped about 48% and since 3 Feb 12 the index is up about 23%.

"Seek truth from facts." Deng Xiaoping

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

flower
post Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Mar 8 2012, 12:00 AM

risen 23% off the bottom:

And the world worries itself that China is collapsing icon14.gif ----give us a break biggrin.gif

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

arty
post Posted: Mar 8 2012, 12:00 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 28 2012, 11:50 PM

risen 23% off the bottom:

Attached File  BaDI_07_03_12.gif ( 18.99K ) Number of downloads: 14

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 28 2012, 11:50 PM
  Quote Post

Higher Low - Higher High

Attached File  BaDI_28_02_12.gif ( 19.36K ) Number of downloads: 11

--------------------

20 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING