Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > »    

Reply to this topic

COVID-19, Pandemic
early birds
post Posted: May 13 2021, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/austra...20210513-p57reu

Novavax’s CEO Stanley Erck this week said raw materials shortages had forced it to delay the process of getting its vaccine out into the market.

====

early birds
post Posted: May 13 2021, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/health/medical/ne...flu/ar-BB1gFuYc

The test uses a fluorescent probe to search for antigens - proteins on the surface of a virus molecule - which may belong to either disease.

Since COVID and flu have similar symptoms, a fast yet highly accurate test like this will help quickly rule out one infection and potentially confirm the other so that patients only have to endure one of the unpleasant screenings.

And from a public health perspective, confirmation that someone has flu, coupled with a negative test for Covid will offer confidence that the person positive for flu doesn't need to quarantine, or be contact traced to prevent an outbreak.

The novel technology developed for this test may also be adapted in the future to test simultaneously for other diseases.

================ that would be good for economy as well i reckon.
if it works well, then a lot people will living in relatively normal life !!!

plastic
post Posted: May 12 2021, 11:11 AM
  Quote Post

Not including the PM or Director General of Health. Jacinda and Bloomfield.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-resp...42B7JJMZE3TLSA/

Covid-19 Response Minister Chris Hipkins said there have been more than 388,000 vaccines administered across New Zealand. 120,000 of those have had their second doses.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: May 12 2021, 03:07 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ May 11 2021, 07:14 AM

Which one?

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 11 2021, 07:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 11 2021, 06:59 AM

My wife and daughter, both allied health workers, have had theirs, with no ill effects. I had a sore left leg after mine, but it may have been because I had been hiking the day before.
Perhaps most of your mates colleagues just wanted a few days off.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

plastic
post Posted: May 11 2021, 06:59 AM
  Quote Post

Guy I know who works for the government got his shot. He and his colleagues were told if they didn't they would be fired. Afterwards, approximately two thirds of the workforce in his group took time off for feeling unwell. Two and three day migraines, exhaustion and a constant need to lie down and rest or sleep.

Jacinda and Bloomfield still haven't got theirs yet.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 10 2021, 07:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ May 9 2021, 09:08 PM

Scientists at Los Alamos had developed two distinct types of atomic bombs by 1945—a uranium-based design called “the Little Boy” and a plutonium-based weapon called “the Fat Man.

They didn't know which one was better or worse than the other so they dropped both. Then they conducted the tests at Christmas Islands and elsewhere in the Pacific.

I guess if everything remains constant, we can expect another pandemic in the next few years. Just with another virus.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: May 9 2021, 09:08 PM
  Quote Post

When conspiracy theories suddenly become mainstream thought. Scary.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/chinese-...system-collapse

It suggests that SARS coronaviruses could herald a "new era of genetic weapons," and noted that they can be "artificially manipulated into an emerging human ­disease virus, then weaponized and unleashed in a way never seen before."

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: May 6 2021, 03:14 PM
  Quote Post

https://au.yahoo.com/news/two-aussie-men-in...-045707658.html

The two males, one from Queensland and the other from Tasmania, are believed to be the latest to suffer from the extremely rare side-effect of the vaccine.

The Queenslander, 66, is being treated in intensive care, state Chief Health Officer Jeannette Young said.

Dr Young says the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) believe his illness is the direct result of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

The Tasmanian health department also announced a 70-year-old man was being treated for suspected blood clotting in hospital. He is in a stable condition.

He reported symptoms seven days ago after receiving the vaccine, authorities say.

==================

the problem is they both are over 50's.......................... i'm not a anti vax kinda, but do worry about safety ...............

early birds
post Posted: May 6 2021, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ May 5 2021, 03:23 PM

https://www.afr.com/politics/federal/dead-b...20210506-p57pa3

Here are the highlights from the press conference:

One new case in NSW in addition to the one reported yesterday. It’s the wife of the man who tested positive on Wednesday.
New restrictions will come into place from 5pm today in greater Sydney and will be lifted at midnight on Monday.
These include the use of masks on public transport and indoors, limits on household visitors and restrictions on singing and dancing at different venues.
Testing has revealed the Bondi man shares a COVID-19 strain with a returned traveller from the US who is in quarantine. It’s not known how the virus got from the traveller to the infected man.
Health authorities are hunting for the “missing link” who could be in the community. They are reviewing CCTV footage and interviewing quarantine staff.
The returned traveller has an Indian variant of the virus but NSW Chief Health Officer says it’s not a strain of concern.

======================

knew it will be chaos!! sadsmiley02.gif

87 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING