Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

NAB, NATIONAL AUSTRALIA BANK LIMITED
balance
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 02:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Nov 2 2016, 09:43 AM

Hi mr bear, ballooning in Myanmar?!

When we went there a long time ago we were lucky to see a bus less than WW2 vintage. A virtual time machine traveling there then.
I'm guessing you are in Pagan. Ballooning there would be spectacular. The temples are amazing.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mrbear  

mrbear
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Nov 2 2016, 09:14 AM

Nab is very good to me early birds that is how i can afford to be floating around in a ballon in myanmar now and it just keeps on trucking,cheers mrbear

early birds
post Posted: Nov 2 2016, 09:14 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 31 2016, 08:59 AM

seems i will eat humble pie
one more day then x-divy at 4th

early birds
post Posted: Oct 31 2016, 08:59 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 28 2016, 03:13 PM

X--divy datde is 4/11/2016-{this Friday]
99 cents ff witch yield at 7.09% at last close price.
now every man and his dog knew that they gonna cut it's divy next year. esp by 10%----so would be 89cents still around 6% yield at current price.
do the math
to me -----------

to me----anything under 28.00 for NAB before x-divy is a BUY BUY for a trading point of view.
---------
if market stable, think of 28.50 before Friday, if market goes up, 29 is posible. if market goes down then 28.28 at least before x-divy
so my focus for short term trading is NAB ----less risk for short term.

nipper
post Posted: Oct 28 2016, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 28 2016, 09:09 AM

good take for NAB vs. the others(they're all down)
Clearly, interest rates matter for equity markets and a steepening yield curve is generally viewed as a good omen for the economy and there is no doubt that the yield play has driven the outperformance of 'growth' over 'value' and 'defensives' over 'cyclicals' over the past year, but recently this has begun to reverse.

Investors typically look at the difference between the US two-year and 10-year Treasury bond yields as one gauge of the economy, as long-term rates factor in views about growth and inflation. In the last nine major steepenings in the US yield curve dating all the way back to December 1979, banks have risen in seven of them (only declining during the mid-1980s and the GFC) and outperformed the broader market in five of them.

However, the important question for investors is to ask is why is the yield curve steeping – if its steepening because short-term rates are declining faster than long-term rates as the economy is going into recession, it's not a good sign for banks. Alternatively, if its steepening while the economy is still expanding, then banks have outperformed in four of six cycles, which is more constructive for portfolios.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 28 2016, 09:09 AM
  Quote Post

don't know if you guys noticed last few days
that ANZ sp is higher than NAB............
here is the thing-----even NAB cut the divys by 10cps it will still way higher than ANZ
looks market gonna correcting it today----at least at opening bell

to me----anything under 28.00 for NAB before x-divy is a BUY BUY for a trading point of view.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 27 2016, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Oct 27 2016, 11:01 AM

not offhand. I read something about it; Smaller banks are screaming because they are 'inconvenienced' (and ditto with mortgages moving with cash rates)

http://www.apra.gov.au/MediaReleases/Pages/15_18.aspx

and ditto with mortgages moving with cash rates - if APRA can get that wrong, how good a regulator are they?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

wolverine
post Posted: Oct 27 2016, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 27 2016, 09:41 AM

Nipper or EB do you understand the CET1 Harmonised number? They seem to make some adjustments to the APRA number based on mortgage exposure??

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

nipper
post Posted: Oct 27 2016, 09:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 27 2016, 09:15 AM

what are the analysts looking at?
Thorburn neatly side-stepped the issue [of future dividends] on Thursday, emphasising that the board had decided that this half at least, the payout was appropriate – the directors felt the bank's capital levels were appropriate it's earnings were solid and the outlook was strong enough to support the dividend.

NAB has also looked to help its capital cause by targeting less capital intensive and higher return loads, which allows it to decrease its level of risk weighted asset growth, and lowered its need for additional capital that could be provided through a reduced dividend.

There's also the issue of NAB's not insubstantial bank of franking credits – Thorburn says that it makes sense to distribute them when and where they can. "This half we are certainly comfortable paying out 99¢," Thorburn said.

But as to whether the dividend would need to start coming down in the future, Thorburn was tight lipped. "We will continue to monitor to the situation," he said, adding that changes to capital needs, earnings or the outlook would determine where the payouts head.

Digging into that trio of criteria, it becomes clear that future dividend decisions are likely to come down to capital.
- The bank's cash earnings were in line expectations and the outlook looks pretty stable.
- Bad debts appear under control and despite competitive pressures and rising funding costs, NAB is holding its own in personal and business banking.
- The general outlook is reasonable too; Thorburn painting a reasonably rosy picture of the growing Australian and Kiwi economies, although global uncertainties remain.

Which leaves capital. Thorburn made it clear that NAB feels comfortable right not. The bank lifted its common tier 1 equity by 8 basis points in the September half to 9.8 per cent, thanks in part to the sale of 80 per cent of its life insurance business...
Basel going to keep pushing for higher CET1, and all the watermelon politicians will keep crying 'fire'

--------------------

early birds
post Posted: Oct 27 2016, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Oct 27 2016, 08:49 AM

near 28 level jumped nearly 2%, wondering who ever sell it yesterday----what is their mind?? unsure.gif

28.50 or 29.00 before the x--divy at 5th of Nov. anyone beside me and wolvy?? lmaosmiley.gif

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING