Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > »    

Reply to this topic

FLT, FLIGHT CENTER LIMITED
dawno
post Posted: Jul 10 2006, 01:22 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sabretoothed on Monday 10/07/06 12:54pm

I like your support - hope you are right
dawno smile.gif

--------------------
THE COST OF MY COMMENTS IS NOTHING - SOME WOULD SAY THAT'S ABOUT ALL ITS WORTH - THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT.

Long Term Contrarian Value Investing: The herd hate me & I hate the herd - but that's the way I like it because I then know I must be on the right track.

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jul 10 2006, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dawno on Thursday 06/07/06 11:30pm

Broke 200 day MA, if I had some spare cash I would get some. wink.gif

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

dawno
post Posted: Jul 6 2006, 11:30 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sabretoothed on Thursday 06/07/06 08:06pm

Yep Sabre FLT is a long term recovery play by myself & call it as you see is OK by me.
It will play itself out in varous stages no doubt but in the end that is where I am focusing on. I don't mind these situations particularly with stocks that continue to pay a reasobale divi as time passes. I see MXG, FGL & TLS as similar possiblities, keeping in mind that a divi is being paid whilst in the 'time warp'.
dawno smile.gif

--------------------
THE COST OF MY COMMENTS IS NOTHING - SOME WOULD SAY THAT'S ABOUT ALL ITS WORTH - THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT.

Long Term Contrarian Value Investing: The herd hate me & I hate the herd - but that's the way I like it because I then know I must be on the right track.

sabretoothed
post Posted: Jul 6 2006, 08:06 PM
  Quote Post

FLT is starting to get closer to the 200 day MA, maybe one more dump down then the next rise could get thru, might have a look at FLT in 2 months or so it might be starting to turn then?

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

sabretoothed
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 05:36 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: dawno on Sunday 30/04/06 05:31pm

Market Capital
$984 million

FLT is still in downtrend. Problem with FLT was that it was so pumped in the first place, it'll have to form sideways base, so its really a long long term invesment.

TVL is now in an uptrend after doing its long term sideways base. The trend is your friend.

Market cap $28million

--------------------

dawno
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 05:31 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sabretoothed on Sunday 30/04/06 05:18pm

Sure but the point is that things change in 'time' not simply overnight. Its an evolvement & the large capitalised companies will be best placed to afford & bring about change as required. One would abandon shares in banks, media, etc simply because of technological direction. Perhaps TLV will be selling FLT packages in time who knows anyway so FLT closes down its branches as time rolls on, like banks do - so what. As I mentioned they are not geared into these expenses & they can be closed down as conditions alter, so what. In the end its all an expense thing just like it was for the banks & media etc. I find that all quite a simple change with the times thing for business of modern times. FLT has great brand & so has great future. They will a trusted force when on line travel becomes the major way of doing things as such, but they are no going to totally exploit a great cash business before its time - they will go about it as required like all great businesses have.
dawno smile.gif

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

sabretoothed
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 05:18 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (dawno @ Sunday 30/04/06 05:02pm)

People don't use the tellers much now, and how many branches have banks closed?

Just shows that models will change to electronic methods and who does this will make all the money...

So banks just show you how FLT is doomed in its current format.

A lot of branches are also kept open as money is a essential service, travel isn't, ie the government/people would crack it if they would close more, the banks would close much more if they could

--------------------

dawno
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 05:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sabretoothed on Sunday 30/04/06 04:28pm

Interesting theory of comparrison when you mention about on line banking - I guess that is the end of NAB, Wespac, ANZ, CBA & the like hey. Its shoots your theory down totally simply because I go back to what I previouslt said. When the right time comes FLT will be positioned accordingly just like our banks were hey. They have the strength to do to TVL anytime they choose - I beleive FLT's priorities are all in order & plans are now in place & timed for maximum advantage. These things have a way of evolving and I see the banks still have branches out there too funnily enough.
dawno smile.gif

--------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

Look at other services

Banking --> moving to online

Bill payment --> Remember how you had to go somewhere to pay your bill

DVDs/Video store --> Telstra movies/Netflicks

Event --> tickets bought online events/movies ect.

Mail --> email is taking over regular mail slowly.

Things are changing. Commissions are changing. Soon bricks and mortar can only due high end travel plans, and cannot do simple travel requests, since its not worth the shop's time for what they get as a return.

--------------------

sabretoothed
post Posted: Apr 30 2006, 04:20 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (dawno @ Sunday 30/04/06 04:07pm)

Travel is different, it can be sold on the internet, since its not a product, its a service. FLT doesn't do anything but link the consumer to the product, its doesn't sell the plane or the place from its shop. Its a bit like a tattslotto outlet.

So its very easy to undercut it.

FLT is starting to get into trouble due to commisions being reduced, QAN and other airlines will probably try to do it once again a cut, due to rising oil prices

I quote TVL and also make you aware to overseas comparisons.

"Online Agents in the Commission-Free Environment
Experience overseas has shown that efficient online agents have been net beneficiaries
of moves to a low or zero commission environment.
TVL believes that online travel agents are inherently more able to deal with structural
industry change than their offline counterparts. In anticipation of this event, TVL has
been actively reducing its cost base and began charging service and booking fees to
customers buying flights online in May this year."

TVL can't be t/o by FLT anymore, since newcorp just bought itself a blocking position.

The new investors will steer TVL into the correct format, these guys started up the first ebay.com.au and also have experience with ninemsn and other entities.

Have a look at europe with expedia. Have you used FLT recently? Its much easier and more efficient to book it online.

About netus
netus (www.netus.com.au) is an Australian technology investment company focused
on bringing proven technology-based services and products to the Australian
market. It was recently founded by Daniel Petre, Tim Hughes and Alison Deans.
Mr. Petre has been a leading player in Australia’s technology industry for more than
20 years, and has held leadership positions in technology-based businesses in
Australia and the United States. Mr. Petre founded ecorp, now a subsidiary of
Publishing and Broadcasting Limited, and developed it to become Australia’s
leading technology-focused investment company.
Ms. Deans has played key roles in developing, managing and operating some of
Australia’s leading Internet businesses, as the first managing director of eBay
Australia and New Zealand (a joint venture between ecorp and eBay Inc) and
subsequently as Chief Executive Officer of ecorp. In that role Ms. Deans managed
interests in many of Australia’s leading online businesses including ninemsn, eBay,
Ticketek, Wizard, Monster, and Distra.
Mr. Hughes has significant experience in senior corporate development roles for
global online businesses, including Cendant Travel Distribution Services and
Expedia Inc – two of the world’s largest online travel companies. He was responsible
for the acquisition by Cendant of Flairview Travel (the operator of HotelClub.com
and RatesToGo.com) and Asia-Hotels.com. While with Expedia, Mr. Hughes held
both corporate development and management roles in the European and Asia Pacific
markets.
The netus team will actively work with TVL management to develop its brands and
marketing strategies.

I should also note that TVL has doubled since we last chatted about FLT wink.gif Its going to take a long time for FLT to get back to $20 if it ever will. I think we'll see TVL double again very soon, since its market cap is very small in comparison to webjet which has much weaker backers.

--------------------

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING