Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Electric Vehicles, the Investment Ecosystem
Nopoo
post Posted: Oct 23 2020, 12:09 PM
  Quote Post

Agri Sector going E Mobile ?

NEWS - - - Ideanomics Enters US EV Market Invests in California-based e-Tractor Company, Solectrac

https://investors.ideanomics.com/2020-10-22...mpany-Solectrac

--------------------
Nopoo

Nopoo
post Posted: Oct 16 2020, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

Ideanomics Reports MEG September and Q3 EV Sales Activity

423 EV units delivered in September

626 EV units delivered in Q3

440 units were invoiced in Q3 and are pending delivery

New York, October 15, 2020 - Ideanomics (NASDAQ: IDEX) announced its Mobile Energy Global (MEG) division’s sales activities for the month of September and Q3 2020. For the period starting September 1, 2020, through September 30, 2020, MEG delivered a total of 423 units. For 3Q 2020, the period starting July 1, 2020, through September 30, 2020, MEG delivered a total of 626 units. The company also invoiced an additional 440 units in Q3, which are pending expected delivery.

“We are very pleased that our MEG business experienced sequential growth, month over month, throughout Q3, and the 440 units pending delivery gets Q4 off to a strong start. This growth, fueled by a combination of previously announced deals and new deal origination, along with improvements in our operational efficiency, helps us achieve our goals for 2020 and sets the stage for growth at scale going into 2021,” said Alf Poor, CEO of Ideanomics.

https://investors.ideanomics.com/2020-10-15...-Sales-Activity

About Ideanomics

Ideanomics is a global company that facilitates the adoption of commercial electric vehicles and supports next-generation financial services and fintech products. Our electric vehicle division, Mobile Energy Global (MEG) provides group purchasing discounts on commercial electric vehicles, EV batteries and electricity, as well as financing and charging solutions; we refer to this business model as sales to financing to charging (S2F2C). Ideanomics Capital provides fintech services that include intelligent and innovative solutions powered by AI and blockchain. Together, MEG and Ideanomics Capital provide our global customers and partners with more efficient solutions for a greener economy.

The company is headquartered in New York, NY, with offices in Beijing, Guangzhou, and Qingdao, and operations in the U.S., China, Ukraine, and Malaysia.

https://ideanomics.com/

--------------------
Nopoo

nipper
post Posted: Sep 28 2020, 11:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 28 2020, 11:00 AM

and this company is listed on the ASX .... Carbon Revolution (CBR)

[The company] is eyeing rising demand from the electric vehicle market, with six former Tesla workers beavering away at its Geelong plant as it pushes to expand into a sector which is accelerating in the pandemic. Carbon Revolution chief executive Jake Dingle said electric car companies were pushing hard to find ways of lowering the weight of vehicles and reducing in-car road noise for drivers and lightweight wheels are a part of the solution. The EV makers are looking for range extension and better aerodynamics are important as well. It is ticking every box, Mr Dingle said.

The whisper quiet engines of electric vehicles meant electric vehicle manufacturers were seeking out ways of reducing the amount of noise from all aspects of the vehicle. Carbon Revolution is working on a range of dampeners to further lessen noise from wheels.

Carbon Revolution industrialisation director, Luke Preston, established and then built up the general assembly manufacturing team overseeing the Tesla Model 3 production in California. He started as an engineer at Ford Australia and Holden Special Vehicles before heading to the United States....

Carbon Revolution chairman James Douglas said it was difficult for any company to navigate through the pandemic because of the sheer uncertainty, but raising capital early in the pandemic had set the company on a steadier course.

Carbon Revolution supplies wheels that are about 40 per cent lighter than conventional wheels to carmakers including Ford, Ferrar and Renault.

Mr Dingle said customers overseas were returning to more normal production schedules and although the pandemic had caused disruptions in the early months in Europe, momentum was starting to build again.

It is coming back to normal. Everyone sees this as temporary, Mr Dingle said.

Carbon Revolution, which listed on the ASX late last year with an issue price of $2.60, has had a rollercoaster ride since becoming a public company. With the upheaval of the COVID19 pandemic, it moved early to raise capital. The company raised $28 million in extra capital in March to shore up its balance sheet. Carbon Revolution shares closed at $2.56 on Friday. The capital raising was priced at $1.50.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 28 2020, 11:00 AM
  Quote Post

and will this come to pass?
Nicola founder Trevor Milton, just 39, is a Mormon from Utah. Which means there's a decent chance Bronte Capital and John Hempton has held, or holds, a short position in Nikola.

Hempton has publicly spoken about having thousands of scumbags in our database, which is a key input in the construction of the Bronte Capital short book of around 240 companies. And Hempton told the Jolly Swagman podcast in May last year that some groups are over represented in his database of scumbags, the most unlikely of which is Mormons.

Mormons are 2 per cent of the US population but almost 6 per cent of Fortune 500 CEOs, and almost all of those Fortune 500 CEOs came up through a sales function, Hempton said. Mormons are pound-for-pound the best salespeople in the world. The reason is obvious: if you are 19 and you go missionary, you are selling religion – and a pretty weird one – door-to-door. If you can sell religion door-to-door, you can sell anything. It's the best training for a sales job anywhere.

Hempton added that probably 10 per cent of American dodgy frauds have a Mormon connection.

https://www.afr.com/rear-window/nikola-rais...20200927-p55zn7

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 17 2020, 04:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Oslo, the city is introducing two dozen electric Jaguar taxis that will be able to wirelessly recharge on special pads embedded under the road while they wait for their next fare.
We think that wireless charging is a potential game-changer, said Sture Portvik, a manager for electromobility in the Oslo city government, and we are happy to assist by helping taxi drivers keep moving and not adding cable clutter to the city. By improving infrastructure and providing better charging to the taxi industry, we are confident that by 2024 all taxis in Oslo will be zero emission.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 5 2020, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

from the Hastings (HAS) Investor presentation for NdPr ..... magnets used in EVs:

• Europe saw significant EV growth of 44% in 2019, highest since 2016
• Automakers are relying on EVs to achieve Europe's 2020/21 carbon-dioxide emissions limits of 95 gm of CO2 per km for passenger cars
• EV markets in Europe will increase substantially due to customer incentives in places like Germany, France and Sweden
• Automakers launched 143 new EVs : 105 BEV and 38 PHEV in 2019. By 2022/23 approx 450 new EV models expected
• Germany with an expected volume of 856,000 EVs, could overtake Chinese players in 2020.
• China: due to the pandemic, government extended EV subsidies to end 2022 including RMB 10 billion (US$1.4 billion) in expanding the charging network.
• In first-quarter 2020, due to Covid 19, EV sales dropped 57 percent from 4Q 2019

Electric Vehicle (EV) growth = Demand for NdPr magnets
✓ Every EV powertrain requires ~1.5 to 2.0kg of NdPr
✓ CAGR of 9% for NdPr magnets 2020 thru 2025
✓ NdPr supply shortage expected >2022

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

balance
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 08:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 7 2020, 03:18 PM

I think it's great to see old vehicles restored. It's history, and old cars get rarer and rarer. Very beneficial for those doing it. We have an old skyline in the drive needing considerable TLC.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 03:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 7 2020, 03:11 PM

Yeah,its probably not a great investment, and probably not practical.
But sometimes you just have to do things for the sake of doing them.
The 1952 landrover I have is in need of some love, affection and money.
The motor and possibly the gear box need rebuilding, and all the running gear will need to be replaced, but, hey, its better than passing it across some publicans bar!
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

balance
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 03:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 7 2020, 09:42 AM

A tesla is way above my price range. I'm more a Leaf or Kona guy and even then I'd wince.
Is converting an old Range Rover worthwhile? You get a nice large EV, but it's still an old body 4WD with the limitations of an EV. Dragging around a big body car in town, but without the range one would like if out touring.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 7 2020, 09:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Jul 7 2020, 09:04 AM

Expensive indeed, but still cheaper than buying a new Tesla.
Here is a new TESLA on CARSALES . Priced at a very reasonable $196,000.
Could buy a very nice Seneca IV or two Twin comanches for that price and travel twenty times the distance on a single fill up.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING