Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

990 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 02:38 AM
  Quote Post

After crawling off its lows and getting back to its original NASDAQ listing price for some reason BNTC is down 15% overnight.

Not a good look but at least its over the minimum one dollar mark.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Feb 18 2021, 09:07 AM
  Quote Post

[PFEs vaccine arrived in NZ the other day. Supposed to be for frontline staff and most at risk population.

Since it landed nothing else has been said.

The big slibbery slobbery sloth has market access but Merck is invisible. And nobody knows how to get their shot.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 16 2021, 05:29 PM
  Quote Post

Long time readers might remember when Enumerate once said, the game is all about PIPEs. Private Investment into Public Equity.

Recently, I have been reading and watching YouTubes about ARK Invest and their ETF's. The CEO there says, while everyone was focused on the pre-market and IPO development phase she recognized an opportunity in the market of early stage product developers and concentrated on that.

If we assume Enumerate is right, we have to ask the question why isn't ARK active in Australian biotech scene?

Of course it could be that Enumerate was just completely wrong. That wouldn't be the first time either.

So lets see what develops. PIPE's from ARK, partnerships with MRK or reverse mergers for next gen product developers.

We shall see. Soon. Very, very soon.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 13 2021, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

LCT spikes because of talks with interested parties and Merck, or more correctly MSD signs a RnD deal with SPL.

That's the first time I can recall seeing a positive ID on Merck in the Au. biotech sector ever.

It could well be a harbinger of greater things to come. Especially after having sold out of their Moderna stake recently.

Perhaps they will take a piece of BNTC after having missed out last time. Might explain the price appreciation recently. Will have to be a good price if you reference their Sirna purchase
$1.3bn cash. What a mistake that turned out to be.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 12 2021, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

Its all very complicated regards the Covid vaccine and the main players in it. When PFE took a BLT licence all those years ago, the price went through the roof. It was a failed hostile takeover bid put up by the directors at the time. Logically, you'd deduce the perpetrator to be a PFE rival which is MRK. Indeed it was rumoured to be MRK. At the time, MRK had Bill Gates as the single largest shareholder as reported by the SMH.

Then MRNA appeared with Gates and MRK as founding partners.

Fast forward all these years to the Covid era and we find PFE and MRNA both have vaccines but MRK sold out of MRNA. That suggests to me they know somehthing which they are not happy with.

By valuation, the vaccine maker which is out of step with its peers is NVAX. Its unvervalued substantially despite its recent run up making it a takeover target.
I'm guessing, MRK or ALNY, both of which have no vaccine exposure, are sniffing around NVAX. I have no idea if NVAX IP is theirs or borrowed. If borrowed, MRK and/or ALNY are going to have to have discussions with the IP owners.

Perhaps that is why BNTC has been showing so much strength lately.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 11 2021, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

Opportune to say the least for some kind of announcement.

BIO CEO & Investor Digital Conference February 16-18, 2021
Accelerate Discovery. Amplify Returns.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 11 2021, 08:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Feb 11 2021, 02:23 AM

BNTC up another 11% overnight. Nearly all of the price lost has been recovered since they redomiciled to the US while keeping the Melbourne address on all of the SEC filings. Figure that one out!

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 11 2021, 02:23 AM
  Quote Post

The HK dairy company I follow has had some good fortune. After ten plus years of suspension and delisting action the final final decision says it was all wrong, they can stay listed and proceed with making a reverse merger.

Right on the eve of Chinese New Year. That will please some. But if my suspicions are correct, that this was an exercise of using due process as a front for some other activity like deal making, then we should hear something about what kind of deal very, very soon.

https://www1.hkexnews.hk/listedco/listconew...21021001639.pdf

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 6 2021, 12:32 PM
  Quote Post

I can't figure something out. Pfizer and Moderna are both the leaders in the vaccine stakes. The vaccine is essentially a gene based drug in that it interferes with the transcription process of instruction (or so I understand). But the so called leader in this field of endeavour is Alnylam and they are not even active in the vaccine game. Furthermore, Merck, who were one of the founding partners of Moderna have sold their stake and despite having been a leader in virology for decades doesn't appear to have any skin in the vaccine game either and are not partnered with any biotech as far as I know.

So for all my money, on the surface, it appears Merck and Alnylam are the lepers of the vaccine field.

Perhaps they will find each other as lovers do in a Mills and Boon story and live happily ever after.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Feb 5 2021, 06:44 PM
  Quote Post

Now here is an interesting headline if ever there was one.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/so-microc...ere-action-next

So Microcap Biotechs Is Where The Market Insanity Is Next...

--------------------

990 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING