Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

WMI, WAM MICROCAP LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 23 2021, 03:52 PM
  Quote Post

36.4% investment portfolio performance, outperforming the Index by 16.1%
4.0c per share fully franked interim dividend, 33.3% increase

Core holdings that significantly contributed to the investment portfolio's outperformance during the period included: workforce management company People Infrastructure (ASX: PPE), online retail company Temple & Webster Group (ASX: TPW) and online marketplace Redbubble (ASX: RBL).

Given the changes we witnessed in the market, we increased our exposure to companies leveraged to sectors that may benefit from the successful rollout of a vaccine. This includes mining services, which should benefit from increased spending as surging commodity prices boost cash flow and encourage resource companies to replace depleting reserves. We also expect a buoyant period for capital raisings in 2021 given the recent strength in equities coupled with record low interest rates.
During the period we saw significant opportunities across the market and the additional capital raised via the SPP and Placement allowed us to invest in many of these opportunities specifically via capital raisings. During the period we continued to participate in several initial public offerings (IPO) including Aussie Broadband (ASX: ABB), Sovereign Cloud Holdings (ASX: SOV), Booktopia Group (ASX: BKG) and Cluey (ASX: CLU) and remain positive on the outlook for these companies.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 3 2021, 07:37 PM
  Quote Post

been around since mid 2017, WAM MICROCAP Ltd (WMI) is part of the WAM stable, and aims to provide shareholders risk adjusted returns derived from a portfolio of undervalued growth companies listed on the ASX with a market capitalization of less than $300 million at the time of acquisition using Wilson Asset Management's research driven and market driven investment process.

. Market cap of $370M. No holding over 2.7% of portfolio

had a cracker of a year, with 28% portfolio return for the last 12 months, and 23.8%pa since inception.. Paying a 4c ff dividend in April.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING