Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

SES, SECOS GROUP LTD
nipper
post Posted: Feb 22 2021, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 9 2020, 10:17 AM

Positive EBITDA $576K and NPAT $66K
Revenue up 30.5% vs PCP
Biopolymer sales up 129% vs PCP
Gross profit margin 18.2% vs 14.2% PCP
Strong balance sheet: $14.3m cash with no debt

Vertical integration is a strength with expertise across the value chain from Resin -> Film -> Bags
Increasing importance of Compostable business which now comprises 73% of overall business
Strong IP and technical know-how in biopolymer resin formulation and film production
Launch of MyEcoBagand MyEcoWorldportals targeting own brand sales and integrated margins
Continued focus on supplying retailers with their own branded products is accelerating growth in key retail segments

now 32c

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 9 2020, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

up 200% this morning. Early days, and probably retrace

Woolworths selects SECOS to supply two certified compostable bin liners into their stores - 8L Kitchen Caddy Bag and 36L Bin Liner.

- Initial rollout will begin in July with 86 Eco Stores and a view to expand supply through the broader Woolworths retail network

-The availability of SECOS compostable bags via Woolworths stores will give households participating in approved council food organic waste programs the option to dispose of the bags and food waste in their green waste bin

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 29 2019, 01:05 PM
  Quote Post

SECOS launches New ‘Stiffer’ Grade Compostable Biopolymer Resin with stronger mechanical properties
• SECOS has recently added to its existing range of Compostable Biopolymer Resins through the introduction of a new Certified Home Compostable resin for food and packaging applications.
• In response to demand by converters, SECOS Group Ltd is pleased to announce the launch of another new resin grade from SECOS’ Global Technology Centre. SECOS has developed a new compostable resin that enables the production of a stiffer film which is suitable for converters looking to produce Compostable bags and film products with stronger mechanical properties and at higher machine conversion speeds.
• The new grade will enhance SECOS’ product offering particularly in the Compostable Bin Liner and Compostable Carry Bag market, where machine speed is important to converters and mechanical properties that support bag loading is an important feature, for consumers and retailers alike

- can't be the 'ideal' solution (nor cheap)?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 9 2019, 10:10 AM
  Quote Post

• SECOS has added to its existing range of Compostable Biopolymer Resins through the introduction of a new certified Home Compostable resin for food and packaging applications.

• The new resin formulation enables SECOS Biopolymer bags and film products to be composted by householders in their home-compost bin or via existing organic waste collection arrangements such as green bin waste.

• SECOS’ new resin was developed in response to demand from major retail brands plus film and bag producers, who increasingly require bags and film to be produced using Home Compostable resin, to meet their sustainability requirements and to reduce non-compostable, oil-based plastic waste, of which a high proportion ends up in land fill.

• SECOS’ new Home Compostable Cardia (BF03-HC) resin grade is FDA (US Food and Drug Administration) compliant and safe for food contact applications.

• Cardia resins are certified compostable to AS4736, EN13432, ASTM D6400, and now with the new Home Compostable resin are certified to Australian and French Home Compostable standards, AS 5810 and NF-T51-800.

- but is it strong enough?

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 18 2019, 08:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 23 2019, 09:20 AM

Armytage Private, one of Australia’s oldest boutique fund managers, has made a strategic investment in Secos of $500,000 via placement of ordinary shares in the Company at $0.04 per share.

Armytage Chairman, Mr Lee lafrate who is responsible for portfolio management of Armytage’s IMA service, sector & stock analysis, as well as equity and options dealing, completed the investment on behalf of the fund with the aim to increase the fund’s exposure to the fast-growing clean tech industry.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 23 2019, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

Sustainable and eco-friendly bioplastics developer SECOS Group Limited (ASX: SES) is pleased to announce Superior Packaging Industries (Pty) Ltd, located in Cape Town, South Africa has developed a new range of high-quality compostable bunch carry bags and carton liners as alternatives to single use plastics.

The new range of environmental products commonly used in the delivery of food products including grape bags and other fruit box liner products replaces single use plastics for food handling.

SECOS has received small quantity commercial orders expecting this to grow as sales of the product range expands.
- gotta be consumer driven demand, you would think

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 8 2019, 06:31 PM
  Quote Post

- interesting as SP is under 3c (sold down in last few days)
and now well north of 5c, a week later

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: May 2 2019, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 24 2019, 09:36 PM

SECOS Group Limited ..has secured commitment from a number of sophisticated investors and Directors of the Company for a Placement of shares, raising approximately $1.4m. The Placement has been made at $0.04 per share, with one free attaching option for every two shares purchased. The options will be unlisted, with an exercise price of $0.06 per share, exercisable within a two-year term.
SECOS Chairman, Richard Tegoni, said:
“During the last nine months we have come a long way in restructuring the Company and strengthening its balance sheet to prepare for what has been strong demand within the biopolymer market.
This year has seen cash flow improving, lower debt, and reduced fixed overheads.
The Company is experiencing improving sales and is focused on significantly improving margins to position SECOS for strong growth moving forward.”

Since 30 June 2018, SECOS has reduced its debt from $6.2m to $2.6m and will hold $3.1m in Cash on its balance sheet at the completion of this placement.

- interesting as SP is under 3c (sold down in last few days)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 24 2019, 09:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 24 2019, 04:52 PM

I have worked out that one of SES's biopolymer products is used in the home. The local council supplies green bags for compostable food scraps that should go into the Red Bin at collection time. This is admirable, except the bags are not strong, they split and fall apart at slightest provocation PLUS the use of segregated organic waste bins is only partly effective. Sadly, it is an imperfect system and bins on collection days gather indiscriminate disposals of all sorts of crud. Hard to achieve an end product with such contamination
Focus sales growth on high-margin applications in Biopolymer resin, film & bags
• Targeted sales growth of Biopolymer film & bags direct to Brand, Pet Shop Distributors, Counties, Councils, Waste Companies & hygiene film customers
• Focus on Biohybrid & Compostable sales to large Corporates looking to meet ‘Sustainability Targets’ around renewables
- so, what are we looking at? A niche product, expensive and not part of the holistic solution, perhaps?

The company does go on to say:
Significant increase in single use food packaging anticipated in Europe, Asia and the U.S. Many Asian and European countries are acting to ban single use oil-based plastics. The U.S. has seen significant legislation across counties & municipalities.

Companies & Brand managers are increasingly looking for renewable packaging solutions that enable them to meet corporate sustainability objectives.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 24 2019, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

The future of packaging can be summed up in one word—sustainable—and SECOS Group (ASX: SES), with its proprietary technology across an 11-patent family, sits at the cutting edge. Boasting an annual revenue in excess of $21 million, SECOS supplies biodegradable and Biohybrid™ resins, sustainable packaging products and high-quality cast films to a global base of blue chip customers.

- came across this group as Timelio are a supplier of capital to SES (and Sensera SE1 for that matter). And the big Q must be; Is Timelio a modern iteration of "last chance Laurie"*, lending where no sensible fiduciary will go?

But you'd have to agree, packaging is outa control. Pity the alternatives cost more (than the planet, some may ask?).

*Laurie Connell, for those with a memory

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING