Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

DW8, DIGITAL WINE VENTURES LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Apr 1 2021, 06:03 PM
  Quote Post

Bibendum and WINEDEPOT
The partnership between the two beverage suppliers means WINEDEPOT will stock a large part of Bibendum's portfolio.
Bibendum represents 160 local and international wine producers and craft spirits. It will invite its customers to join the WINEDEPOT platform, offering a $250 voucher as an incentive. The voucher will have minimum spend restrictions and will have to be used within a time frame.

The companies will also link their IT systems so WINEDEPOT customer accounts can be opened easily. The integration of IT will delay the partnership until late April. However, Digital Wine CEO Dean Taylor believes a faster uptake will offset any delay.

In return for its partnership with WINEDEPOT, Bibendum will have access to WINEDEPOT's logistics service, as well as a particularly large incentive: Should the partnership fulfil a number of achievements within 2 years, Bibendum will receive 20 million shares in Digital Wine.

These include Bibendum listing more than 280 products on WINEDEPOT and sending at least 4000 WINEDEPOT referral vouchers of which at least 800 must be activated, thereby generating at least $800,000 in sales.

Digital Wine also announced a partnership between WINEDEPOT and Direct Couriers. The two companies will develop a dedicated WINEDEPOT delivery fleet for commercial customers. Deliveries will be dedicated to metro areas, allowing customers fast access to orders regardless of freight congestion

CEO Dean Taylor is excited about the potential the partnership with Bibendum has to fast-track WINEDEPOT's uptake.
Bibendum are without a doubt one of the most successful wholesale beverage businesses in Australia. You only need to look at the calibre of brands in their portfolio or speak with any major wine buyer to get a gauge on their position within the industry.

This partnership allows us to leverage Bibendum's unique product range, highly experienced sales force, long-term customer relationships and revered presence within the industry to drive rapid awareness of the benefits that our marketplace provides to trade buyers.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 26 2021, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 10 2021, 08:20 AM

and signs MoU with eBay to partner with eBay

WINEDEPOT and eBay will negotiate the terms of a partnership to provide Australian wineries with the ability to list their products directly on eBay without having to set up an account..
all about eyeballs, access and clicks

up 40%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 10 2021, 08:20 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Mar 10 2021, 07:35 AM

the MC is low; with Vinimofo soon to list (see Floats thread https://boards.sharecafe.com.au/index.php?s...ic=186&hl=), and a few others held privately, there may be a bit of consolidation happening eventually. Only pushbacks I see; Qantas wine which is big (and the Virgin offering, too) plus the delivery costs.... Aust Post pushing for more $$ .

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Mar 10 2021, 07:35 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 9 2021, 09:58 AM

Hi nipper,These guys seem to have found an interesting niche in the digital economy. Went to 10c yesterday.I wonder though what will happen when they start to eat into the sales of the market leaders.(Held)

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

nipper
post Posted: Mar 9 2021, 09:58 AM
  Quote Post

Digital Wine Ventures Limited (DW8) is an Australian Publicly listed company that aims to identify and invest in early stage technology-driven ventures that have the potential to disrupt and digitally transform segments within the global beverage market and support them by providing access to capital, expertise and shared services. WINEDEPOT is DW8's cornerstone investment.

A bit of history
... Brand New Vintage Limited (BNV) listed early 2014. Itwas an Australian wine company involved in winemaking and the sales, marketing and distribution of premium wine brands, contract wine processing and bulk wine production. BNV distributes its products in form of two brands: One Planet and Stick
... On 01 Mar, 2017, Brand New Vintage Limited (BNV) changed its name and ASX code to Dawine Limited (DW8).
.... On 07 Dec, 2018, Dawine Limited changed its name to Digital Wine Ventures Limited, keeping same ASX code.
Was trading for less than 1c until about June 2020, when the new Tilt: development and roll-out of cloud based tech platform WINEDEPOT which provides a digital platform for wineries to connect with consumers.
The trend lines across all key metrics are very encouraging and confirm that our technology and logistics platform is handling the compounding growth in both customers and orders extremely well. ...we are now in a good position to start ramping up our customer acquisition program in preparation for the launch of our Direct-to-Trade Marketplace later this year."

....currently all of our growth is coming from customers using our Smart Logistics Solution .... the launch of the Direct-to-Trade Marketplace introduces a dimension to our platform that will appeal to a much broader audience.

...wine producers need to find ways to maximise their profitability on every single sale. ..... Up until now Direct-to-Consumer sales channels have been the only way for producers to achieve this. However when our Marketplace goes live later this year, for the first time ever they will have access to a Direct-to-Trade solution that offers similar benefits. ..... many of the hundreds of registrations received to date have expressed their interest in using it. I'm really very excited about providing brand owners and producers access to a platform that has the potential to hundreds of millions a year by avoiding the 35% margin lost to traditional distribution.

and seems to be getting bottles in a row
HIGHLIGHTS:
WINEDEPOT ships 20,864 cases in February, up 32% on last month
WINEDEPOT processes over 9,494 orders, up 918% on same period last year
WINEDEPOT sign ups accelerate in preparations for marketplace launch

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING