Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Australia’s Economy, Is it a House of Cards?
blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 21 2017, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 20 2017, 04:22 PM

Why read it?

Why comment on something you haven't read in it's entirety?

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 04:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 20 2017, 01:55 PM

Why read it? There's lots of 'information' out there, and hyperbole doesn't cut it as clickbait.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 01:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 20 2017, 02:33 AM

Don't judge an article, or it's author, by it's first sentence smile.gif Why not read it all

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

early birds
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Dec 20 2017, 02:33 AM

the author appears to have a limited vocabulary.
====================

don't be too fassy nipper. if you can put up with me, then you can put up with anyone!! lmaosmiley.gif

joke aside
aussie economy looks about to hit skids as housing market looks really really tired.
rate gonna be raised everywhere----from uncle sam to chinese .

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Dec 20 2017, 02:33 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 19 2017, 10:08 PM

Judging by the first sentence, in the quote, the author appears to have a limited vocabulary.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 19 2017, 10:08 PM
  Quote Post

According to this article

As a whole, the Australian economy has grown through a property bubble inflating on top of a mining bubble, built on top of a commodities bubble, driven by a China bubble.

Unfortunately for Australia, that “lucky” free ride is just about to end..

Interesting read - https://medium.com/@matt_11659/matt-barrie-...ds-6877adb3fb2f
Attached File(s)
Attached File  download.jpg ( 8.63K ) Number of downloads: 0

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  Pendragon  tombeet  

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING