Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

Easy (silly) questions, easy to answer
TopBob
post Posted: Sep 12 2017, 04:47 AM
  Quote Post

Hi everyone,

I've recently joined an aussie-based stocks forum as well but it doesn't seem very actively lately...so i'm posting here instead. Glad to be a part of Share Scene smile.gif

As an international student new to Australian stock trading here. I've recently open a commsec account with both ASX and international trading.

1. I believe the minimum investment for ASX is $500 for shares that you'd never owned, is that right? Is there a minimum for international stocks as well? Particularly for stocks in the US.
  2. I'm currently banking with commonwealth and hence, it was an easy decision for me to open a commsec trading a/c. However, I am aware that commsec isn't particularly the cheapest with its brokerage fees. I basically created the account conveniently since I have bank a/cs with them...do you recommend that it would be better for me to open one at a cheaper, online trading platform? Would it be still as convenient?

Thanks in advance and see ya around!

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING