Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Trump
nipper
post Posted: May 12 2019, 11:26 AM
  Quote Post

Trump’s push-back against Beijing on trade enjoys overwhelming bipartisan support in the US. Even if Trump is defeated next year, it won’t be by any candidate promising a new era of free trade for China.

It is also the case that in the midst of Trump’s China push-back, the RealClearPolitics average of polls shows Trump’s approval rating at a two-year high of more than 45 per cent, scarcely below the number who disapprove of him. At those numbers Trump is a strong chance, no guarantee but a strong chance, of re-election.
Greg Sheridan

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

tombeet
post Posted: Mar 19 2019, 01:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 18 2019, 03:02 PM

Who really walked away from the deal, North Korea were not happy with Bolton being in the room (has stated he wants regime change)
If the market drops big so does Trumps ego bubble.

Tom.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 18 2019, 03:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 18 2019, 02:46 PM

Dunno about that.
Trump has shown already that he is willing to talk to anyone who wants to make a deal.
However, he has also shown that he will walk away if the deal is not to his liking.
I am betting Xi won't make it to America at all, cos Trump is going to demand a deal good for America (where America means Trump).
Xi has shown that his ego rivals trumps, and I can't see him agreeing to much.
But I could be wrong.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 18 2019, 02:46 PM
  Quote Post

Pretty much everyone agrees that Trump badly needs a win, as does Xi, and the markets are surely now pricing such an outcome.

Once we get confirmation of the date of the Trump-Xi meeting no doubt markets could ‘gap’ higher, but I personally think this may represent a high watermark in the near term.

It is also clear to me that following Trump’s walk out in Hanoi the Chinese want each and every detail agreed in advance of the forthcoming summit.

The deal needs to be signed, sealed, and delivered, before Xi gets on that plane to America. Can you imagine the loss of face for the Chinese President if Trump did a Hanoi!

Jonathan Pain - The Pain Report

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

triage
post Posted: Dec 20 2018, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Dec 19 2018, 06:56 PM

"What a lot of people don't know is, in his high school years he got sent to a military prep school. Upon graduation it was expected the graduands would go on to become an officer and a gentleman at one of their fine academies. He instead chose to go into business. But his buddies are now generals sitting opposite him for dinner."

That's a nice bit of rewriting of history. Trump was sent to "military prep school" because his old man was concerned young Donald was starting to play up. The New York Military Academy was a nursery for officers and gentlemen about as much as the Salvation Army is: the primary purpose of the former was to prepare kids for academic success. (and also, pretty much anyone who has read anything about Donald Trump knows he got sent to boarding school by his parents).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

plastic
post Posted: Dec 19 2018, 06:56 PM
  Quote Post

All the slagging off of Trump has amounted to naught. He is in fact doing a great job. What matters is that behind him stands the military. I am much happier with this then if it were the CIA or FBI.

What a lot of people don't know is, in his high school years he got sent to a military prep school. Upon graduation it was expected the graduands would go on to become an officer and a gentleman at one of their fine academies. He instead chose to go into business. But his buddies are now generals sitting opposite him for dinner.

This is what he has to say about the wall;

It will go up fast and save us BILLIONS of dollars a month once completed!

He doesn't elaborate on how the billions of savings will be made. However, my guess is it will be from sacking all those boarder guards and every other federal spend that goes in to policing it.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Sep 9 2018, 05:38 PM
  Quote Post

Asked on Friday whether he trusted the people around him, Trump responded: “I do. But what I do is now I look around the room.”

The last word should perhaps go to Armando Iannucci, the British satirist, who last week tweeted a joke pitch for a movie in which Trump is replaced and moved by his aides to a fake White House where he thinks he is still president.

Iannucci later tweeted: “Er . . . looks like Hollywood’s interested. Now what do we do?”

- my suggestion; start building the set

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: indeficit  

stocks
post Posted: Mar 17 2018, 09:43 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 16 2018, 07:15 PM

Been to the USA many times, Trump has the swamp worried, it's his way or the highway, all the people we know are more than happy with what he's doing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Pendragon  early birds  mullokintyre  boofta  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 16 2018, 07:15 PM
  Quote Post

There is no lack of people outside the US who deride the POTUS.
Indeed, according to a Gallup Poll
One year into Donald Trump's presidency, the image of U.S. leadership is weaker worldwide than it was under his two predecessors. Median approval of U.S. leadership across 134 countries and areas stands at a new low of 30%, according to a new Gallup report.
Median approval of U.S. leadership is 30%, down from 48% in 2016
U.S. approval dropped substantially in 65 countries and areas
Germany's leadership now tops that of U.S., China and Russia

Anyone who has spent time is one of the most insular Nations on the planet, will have learned that the vast majority of Americans will not give a hoot , even if they were bothered to read any news articles (real or Fake) on the subject.

While I , like so many others may think he is an oaf, my opinion , along with all the others outside the US, is of absolutely no consequence. I am unable to vote in US elections.
And among those who can vote, significant numbers of people did vote for Trump.

As I prepare for my sixth trip to the USA, I will be eager to look up past acquaintances, who were so excited about the Donalds elevation to POTUS.
One thing I did learn was that outside of the wealthy elite in big cities, there were large tracts of the population who were keen supporters of Trump.
It will be their opinions, and theirs alone who will decide his fate.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

triage
post Posted: Mar 16 2018, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

I could of course post every day about the shenanigans that is Season 2, Donald Trump POTUS, but then again I don't watch any of the reality or cooking shows on free to air tv and for the most part I am totally "over" the soap opera that is US politics.

But this one is just a classic. Yesterday an audio recording was released of a presentation Mr Trump gave over the weekend to a group of financial donors. In that presentation Mr Trump boasts about how he bullshitted the Prime Minister of Canada that the US has a trade deficit with Canada (in fact like Australia Canada runs a trade deficit with the US). Mr Trump said he actually had no idea what the facts were but tried it on anyway. Mr Trump said when the Canadian PM disputed this they sent two underlings out of the meeting room to get the information and when they came back reported that indeed the US does have a trade deficit with Canada. Okay so that's level one of Trump bullshitting, that of the Canadians.

Level Two of Trump's bullshitting was to the donors because of course the underlings did not have to leave the meeting room - that information would be in the briefing papers that both Trudeau and Trump would have had - and what they would have reported was that it was Canada not the US that has the trade deficit. Trump apparently tried on the same bullshit line with the group of donors as he tried on with Justin Trudeau: that in his eyes Canada is exploiting its trade with the US by running a trade surplus with the US (which is stupid economics anyway)

And now we have level three of Trump's bullshit. Apparently Trump invented the meeting - according to the Canandians no such discussion took place at any of the meetings between Trump and Trudeau. The best fit they can come up with is perhaps one specific telephone conversation where the trade balance was touched on but what appears to have happened is that Trump mashed various snippits from various conversations together to give a germ of truth to a totally fabricated anecdote.

It amazes me the number of people who still give Donald Trump the benefit of doubt everytime he asks them to pull his finger, I've not experienced such mass gullibility before.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/03/trump-appa...anadas-trudeau/

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING