Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3   

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PeterH's post @ Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM

An Internet exchange point (IX or IXP) is a physical infrastructure through which ISPs exchange Internet traffic between their networks The primary purpose of an IXP is to allow networks to interconnect directly, via the exchange, rather than through one or more third-party networks. The advantages of the direct interconnection are numerous, but the primary reasons are cost, latency, and bandwidth.

Traffic passing through an exchange is typically not billed by any party, whereas traffic to an ISP's upstream provider is. The direct interconnection, often located in the same city as both networks, avoids the need for data to travel to other cities (potentially on other continents) to get from one network to another, thus reducing latency.

MP1 has developed a software-defined networking platform that allows businesses to connect with their cloud providers at various speeds, rather than on fixed bandwidth circuits.

Rather nebulous, but I see plenty of blue sky in maximising utilisation, while drawing on what is needed but no more, of the cloud

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: cooderman  melua  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2016, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PeterH's post @ Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM

Megaport Limited (MP1) is provider of elasticity connectivity and network services interconnection across any location, to any services by SDN based, ubiquitous Ethernet fabric allowing our customers wider coverage, speed to market while reducing costs and enabling real-time provisioning across one platform.

don't invest in things you don't understand!?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

PeterH
post Posted: Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 29 2016, 06:18 PM

Thanks Nipper. I admire your enthusiasm here and on other threads.

Trouble is that some of us don't know what the company does and what it is exactly that it sells. I will continue my search along the jargon infested road to enlightenment but in the meantime can you point us at some good source(s) of background explanatory info.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2016, 06:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 15 2016, 10:21 AM

​Megaport Limited (ASX:MP1) today announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Germany’s second largest Internet Exchange operator PEERING GmbH which operates under the brand ECIX, based in Berlin, Germany. ECIX provides services to over 180 customers throughout its 30 points of presence within Germany.

Megaport also announced the acquisition of OM­NIX, based in Sofia, Bulgaria. OM­NIX is a carrier­ grade pan­-European network services provider with access to key interconnection facilities throughout Europe. Combined, the acquisitions represent 48 European sites.

● Combined European footprint in 13 countries across 19 cities and 57 locations with these acquisitions representing 48 of those.
● Combined acquisition cost A$3.1M with combined estimated annualised revenue of A$4.5M ; the acquisitions are earnings accretive
● Acquisitions are all cash consideration funded from current cash reserves
● Combined acquisitions bring 180+ customers
● Core PEERING GmbH leadership team will remain as managers of the combined operation

Capital Initiative: MP1 has successfully undertaken a private placement of 10,500,000 fully paid ordinary shares to sophisticated and institutional investors to raise $17.85 million. The Placement was significantly oversubscribed with strong interest received from both existing and new investors.

Megaport is also announcing that it will offer existing shareholders an opportunity to acquire additional Shares at the same price as the Placement under a Share Purchase Plan - @ $1.70 up to $15K (yabba dabba- now well North of there)

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  melua  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 15 2016, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 14 2016, 08:46 AM

pick and shovel suppliers to 21st C miners?

another competitor in data centre space (as bought by EGI and in their Quarterly Ivvestment report:
Interxion (Market Cap $2.14bn)
- Fallen Angel
– Leading European retail data centre player benefiting from a generational shift as legacy IT infrastructure moves to the Cloud

Interxion is a leading provider of cloud and carrier-neutral co-location data centre services in Europe. The Company has a dominant position in Western Europe providing enterprises with access to >75% of European GDP. Over 90% of revenue is recurring in nature while 70-80% of new business currently comes from the growth of existing customers providing a very predictable revenue stream.
Today we are consuming more data than ever on more devices. For example, we are now streaming television with Netflix, listening to music on Spotify, running businesses on Salesforce and Xero and starting companies on Amazon's AWS. All of these performance sensitive applications require a cloud based infrastructure that is scalable and cost efficient allowing the user access to content when they want it and through any device.

Interxion provides a 'home' for these applications by enabling customers to securely deliver mission critical applications and content to end consumers. The Company locates its data centres close to city centres and house more than 600 individual carriers and Internet service providers and 20 European Internet exchanges in their data centres. By co-locating their IT infrastructure with Interxion, customers reduce both capital and operational costs while improving application performance.

As the rollout of cloud strategies across Europe continues and companies increasingly outsource infrastructure to the cloud, incumbents like Interxion will be well positioned to capture this growth. Key to their entrenched position are their locations which provide a primary connection to highly secure and scalable cloud environments for network speed and efficiency.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 14 2016, 08:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 3 2016, 08:12 AM

this is the sophistication, the deep pockets that NextDC and Megaport are up against
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/201...l-street-trades
[NY4 is a] .....critical node in the U.S. financial system: The 49 different exchanges that lease space at this data center sent a record 9.6 million messages per second through its fiber-optic cables in February. Every day, electronic trades representing trillions of dollars' worth of equities, derivatives, currencies, and fixed-income assets pass under this roof. This is where Wall Street actually transacts.

It's just one of the crown jewels of Equinix, the $22.2 billion company that's quietly grown into the world's largest owner of interconnected data centers. To give you an idea of Equinix's lead in the space, you would have to add up the market value of its five closest U.S. competitors to roughly equal its market cap, according to data compiled by Bloomberg.

Equinix pitches its centers as more than just storage space for servers. Its clients pay in part because of who else is there. That includes the Chicago Board Options Exchange, Bats, ICAP, Nasdaq, the NYSE, and Bloomberg LP, the parent company of Bloomberg News. ... And those firms are just from the handful of financial industry customers Equinix discloses. It connects more than 6,300 businesses to their customers, and most of those firms don't want it known that they lease one of NY4's metal cages, which are identified only by numbers, not names.

Equinix's nonfinancial clients, meanwhile, include some of the Internet's biggest names: Amazon.com, AT&T, China Mobile, Comcast, Facebook, Hulu, LinkedIn, Microsoft, Netflix, Pandora, and Verizon. Much of the Internet is literally run through the nondescript buildings Equinix has scattered around the world. "They're a crucial component of how the cloud works," says Colby Synesael, an analyst at Cowen & Co. who covers Equinix. "It's where the Internet lives."

...The company has spent the last 20 years growing and consolidating the industry into its own spider web of interconnected data centers from Frankfurt to Tokyo to London to Rio de Janeiro to Sydney. This is the company that controls a significant part of modern finance: the sites where you plug in the actual computers that fuel today's hyperfast and hyperconnected electronic trading.

"I call them the 800-pound gorilla of the data services market," says Inder Singh, an analyst at SunTrust Robinson Humphrey. "I see these guys as a key bridge between customers and suppliers."

The neutrality Equinix has established by not competing with its customers is also important, Singh says. "It is the Switzerland of data center players," he says. That has a downside, though. "Equinix definitely leaves some money on the table. But they would probably be losing some of their coveted customers." ...

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Mar 3 2016, 08:12 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 24 2016, 04:18 PM

Megaport Limited (ASX:MP1) today reported its first half yearly earnings to 31 December 2015, including a general market update.

Denver Maddux, Chief Executive Officer, Megaport Limited said: "We are pleased to report that the markets in Asia Pacific, specifically Australia, continue to grow and generate profit after Direct Network costs, in addition to strong market adoption gains with 31% revenue growth during this half-year. The number of Ports sold increased by 72% and we are happy that Singapore and Hong Kong have shown continued improvement in revenue growth."

During the half year ended 31 December 2015, the Company undertook two successful capital raisings: A$10 million was raised in August 2015 via a private placement, and A$25 million was raised in December 2015 through an Initial Public Offering. These funds provide capital for the Company to complete network expansions into North American and European markets; hire additional sales and engineering professionals; and investigate expansion opportunities into new markets and fund Offer costs.

The key metrics to the end of December 2015 are:
-- Number of Locations: 46
-- Number of Ports: 504
-- Number of Customers: 253
-- December Revenue: up 29% from July 2015 Market Expansion Update
-- North America: Megaport has completed twelve of its 31 planned locations as at 31 December, with a further six completed as at 29 February 2016. The remaining 13 locations are on track for completion by 30 April 2016. Services are now available in seven of the eight planned metropolitan areas.
-- Europe: rollout has commenced in seven of the 13 planned locations.

Total number of Megaport active sites as at 29 February 2016 is 54, up from 36 at the end of July 2015. The Company has deployed over half of its planned North American footprint and service availability dates are on schedule, while expansion into Europe is well underway.

The Company has signed its first Open Alliance Agreement in North America with Wowrack, based in Seattle, Washington, extending services into its facility. "In addition to executing on our planned core footprint, external demand for elastic interconnectivity to cloud service providers has also shaped Megaport's deployments," Maddux said.

The Open Alliance provides a framework to quickly deploy to data centres with demand for direct cloud connectivity.

Another highlight of the Company's expansion plans includes signing key alliances with CyrusOne and Amsterdam Internet Exchange (AMS-IX) illustrating the demand for elastic connectivity services with both Enterprise data centres and traditional Internet interconnection platforms.

"The need for innovation at the interconnection layer is absolutely clear," Maddux said. "Both CyrusOne and AMS-IX represent significant opportunities to bring our respective strengths together to provide the next level of interconnection capabilities. Enterprise-rich data centre operators like CyrusOne will deliver a strong pipeline for our elastic cloud interconnection services, while AMS-IX enables us to expand our reach in Amsterdam, a major European cloud market."

Conclusions and Outlook

The Company's is in a strong position to execute the remaining builds as outlined in the Company prospectus. Rollout consists of 31 locations in North America by 30 April 2016 and 13 locations in Europe. Staffing and talent acquisition remain a core priority as the Company executes on its North America plans and builds the European business unit. "We are delighted with our team's execution on the rollout of our core service footprint in North America and their business development efforts to build our ecosystem of service providers," said Maddux.

"Megaport has the largest Elastic Interconnection network in Asia Pacific, with the greatest reach into the most key data centres. By demonstrating demand for direct, elastic interconnectivity to cloud service providers within Asia Pacific, we have strengthened our relationship with key cloud and network service providers. This is also fuelling demand for Megaport to enable our cloud partners' direct connectivity services into our expansion markets."

Megaport operates in 54 data centres across thirteen markets in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and United States and is currently expanding its presence into additional data centres in North America and key markets in Europe, including London, Dublin, Amsterdam, and Stockholm.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 24 2016, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 24 2016, 04:07 PM

from 2 months ago:

Tech entrepreneur Bevan Slattery's latest business Megaport MP1 is off to a flying start on the ASX, up more than 75 per cent on its issue price on its first day of trade. The company, which allows businesses to buy technology networking capacity on a pay-per-use basis, raised $25 million by selling 20 million shares at an issue price of $1.25.

The company has developed a software-defined networking platform that allows businesses to connect with their cloud providers at various speeds, rather than on fixed bandwidth circuits, and is generating about $200,000 in revenue a month from the Asia Pacific region. And now it's back to work, with many of the staff working through the Christmas holidays as the business works to get its US operations off the ground.

In the US it has an office in San Francisco and in its prospectus it outlined plans to open 32 data centres across the US in cities such as Seattle, New York, Dallas and Washington DC. It is also expanding to Europe, where it is planning data centres in Amsterdam, London, Stockholm and Dublin.

Despite having global operations, Mr Maddux, who is American, said it was important for the company, which launched in January 2014, to remain Australian. "We're founded in Queensland. Our founder is a Queensland boy – it's in our DNA," he said. "I love it here in Brisbane and the quality of technical people in Australia is impressive."

Before listing the company had been bootstrapped by its founder Mr Slattery, who is also behind NEXTDC and PIPE Networks. Mr Slattery has remained the biggest shareholder in the company with a 47.1 per cent stake. Other big shareholders include Mr Maddux, who owns 5.71 per cent of the shares, and institutional investors.

Megaport's customers include News Corp, JB Hi-Fi and Servers Australia
MP1 got to high $4's; slipping back a bit and now $2.95

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 24 2016, 04:07 PM
  Quote Post

Software-based elastic connectivity provider Megaport has listed on the ASX in December following an IPO raise of $25 million.
Megaport was founded by serial technology entrepreneur Bevan Slattery and provides end-to-end network connections in 34 data centres across six markets in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and Hong Kong.

Mr Slattery said the IPO funds would be used to complete the construction of the North American and European networks, operate and maintain those networks, hire additional sales professionals and continue to evaluate new growth opportunities, in accordance with the IPO Prospectus. "The IPO funding allows us to stay independent and neutral and achieve our business goals while maintaining our company values," he said.

Megaport CEO Denver Maddux said today's listing represented a significant milestone in the growth and global expansion of the company. "This milestone allows Megaport to accelerate our business plans, to extend the platform deeper into existing markets, and to expand into new markets, including markets within North America, Europe, and Asia," he said.

Mr Maddux, a former Microsoft director, said that Megaport had hit the point where it has to accelerate its expansion and tap into burgeoning market demand. "The model is now not only more understood-in a large part due to our education, marketing, and industry presence over the previous year-but customers are truly seeking our solution, now," he said.

"We've had a tremendous response to the product in our existing markets in the past six months, and now the North American and EU markets we are targeting have good activity; and response from prospective customers and partners has been very positive. "We're also ready as an organisation to scale the infrastructure and support it. Really, all of the things we need to have happening are all coming together right now, and funding is one of the pieces."

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Feb 16 2016, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

Added by request:

Megaport Limited

Regards,

ShareScene Admin

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING