Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Sep 23 2016, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 2 2016, 12:07 PM

Megaport Limited MP1 announced today that it will use its SDN based elastic fabric interconnection solution to power Digital Realty Inc.'s Service Exchange, a solution designed to simplify global datacentre and cloud interconnection.

Enabling Service Exchange will result in the expansion of the Megaport fabric into additional locations to reach more customers and provide more connectivity options to existing Megaport customers.

This may be an optimal outcome in that the Megaport fabric should be grafted on to existing systems, rather than the 'build and they will come' approach of earlier phase. Getting to critical mass, and the upside could come with lower future spend . (good, as conventional expansion would involve further capital injection?)

MP1 opened at $2.98 this morning (and now above $3), and has been on the upkick for last 2 months.

Digital Realty is a company involved in datacenter acquisition, ownership, development and operation as well as providing colocation services. It is the world's largest full scale data center provider offering colocation, wholesale deployments, interconnection and cloud services with 150+ data centres

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 2 2016, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

solid buying for MP1 since the capital raise. The way I see it, while there may have been a stag profit on the table, but by restricting the # of new shares, that has put a curb on selling. Existing holders want too hang on.

And as a business model:
Expand sites
expand ports
expand # of countries operating
expand # of clients
put teams in place
integrate acquisitions
bring on all sites to be EBITDA positive

Mega Priorities
- Accelerate revenue growth in all markets, especially Europe and North America
- Continue ecosystem expansion with addition of new partners and geographic reach
- Complete network development through organic means and acquisitions
- Drive towards operational EBITDA positive at group level

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2016, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport received applications in excess of $27.2 million AUD. The Megaport board has determined to cap shares issued under the SPP to $13,150,000 million AUD (7,735,294 fully paid ordinary shares), with applicants to be scaled back on a pro-rata basis.

This is based on its assessment of capital expenditure required for ongoing costs of network, services and staff, and network investment, and will provide the funding for revenue growth, market development, and additional acquisition opportunities. Full details of the use of funds are set out in the Company's investor presentation released to the market on 29 July 2016.

Megaport CEO Denver Maddux said, "We are truly energized by the support and confidence shown by Megaport's loyal shareholders. We are now well funded to take advantage of the significant opportunities ahead for Megaport."
so, under 50% of what was applied for?

--------------------

PeterH
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 2 2016, 02:53 PM

Thanks Nipper. You are right in saying, "...don't invest in things you don't understand!?" In this case I suspect there are two things to understand, the technology of the service itself and, probably more important, the competition. I had better stick to my knitting.

nipper
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 2 2016, 10:46 AM

and:(DJ Newswires)
The latest batch of tech-industry earnings show how two technology trends -- mobile and the cloud -- are taking root and delivering big profits for the companies that bet on them.

Facebook Inc. and Google parent Alphabet Inc. last week both reported surges in their quarterly profits, fueled by users spending more time on their smartphones and advertisers spending more money to reach them there. Meantime, Amazon.com Inc. and Microsoft Corp. beat Wall Street estimates with results that were lifted by the strength of their businesses hosting other companies' data on their computer servers, also known as the cloud.

"The big are getting bigger," said Ben Schachter, an analyst at Macquarie Group Ltd. "People are using the internet more and more. They always have it with them because of smartphones, speeds are getting better...and all that information has to come from somewhere, and it comes from the cloud."

The strength of these technologies is intertwined. Mobile devices are increasingly becoming people's primary computers, which is driving demand for the cloud. On personal computers, data was often stored on the device itself, but smartphones have less memory -- and the consumption of data overall has dramatically increased -- requiring more information to be stored on the cloud.

The link is more than a decade old but has accelerated sharply in recent years. The original boom in downloaded songs -- frequently from Apple Inc.'s iTunes service to iPods -- has been supplanted by an explosion in mobile apps, streaming media services and other mobile offerings that require the cloud.

"We see mobile and cloud infrastructure going hand in hand," said Ben Stanton, an analyst at research firm Canalys. "Cloud infrastructure is pushing more and more of the capability of the mobile device." Canalys forecasts that corporate spending on cloud services rose 52% in the second quarter from a year prior, largely driven by mobile demands.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: melua  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PeterH's post @ Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM

An Internet exchange point (IX or IXP) is a physical infrastructure through which ISPs exchange Internet traffic between their networks The primary purpose of an IXP is to allow networks to interconnect directly, via the exchange, rather than through one or more third-party networks. The advantages of the direct interconnection are numerous, but the primary reasons are cost, latency, and bandwidth.

Traffic passing through an exchange is typically not billed by any party, whereas traffic to an ISP's upstream provider is. The direct interconnection, often located in the same city as both networks, avoids the need for data to travel to other cities (potentially on other continents) to get from one network to another, thus reducing latency.

MP1 has developed a software-defined networking platform that allows businesses to connect with their cloud providers at various speeds, rather than on fixed bandwidth circuits.

Rather nebulous, but I see plenty of blue sky in maximising utilisation, while drawing on what is needed but no more, of the cloud

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: cooderman  melua  

nipper
post Posted: Aug 1 2016, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: PeterH's post @ Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM

Megaport Limited (MP1) is provider of elasticity connectivity and network services interconnection across any location, to any services by SDN based, ubiquitous Ethernet fabric allowing our customers wider coverage, speed to market while reducing costs and enabling real-time provisioning across one platform.

don't invest in things you don't understand!?

--------------------

PeterH
post Posted: Aug 1 2016, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jul 29 2016, 06:18 PM

Thanks Nipper. I admire your enthusiasm here and on other threads.

Trouble is that some of us don't know what the company does and what it is exactly that it sells. I will continue my search along the jargon infested road to enlightenment but in the meantime can you point us at some good source(s) of background explanatory info.

nipper
post Posted: Jul 29 2016, 06:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 15 2016, 10:21 AM

​Megaport Limited (ASX:MP1) today announced that it had signed an agreement to acquire Germany’s second largest Internet Exchange operator PEERING GmbH which operates under the brand ECIX, based in Berlin, Germany. ECIX provides services to over 180 customers throughout its 30 points of presence within Germany.

Megaport also announced the acquisition of OM­NIX, based in Sofia, Bulgaria. OM­NIX is a carrier­ grade pan­-European network services provider with access to key interconnection facilities throughout Europe. Combined, the acquisitions represent 48 European sites.

● Combined European footprint in 13 countries across 19 cities and 57 locations with these acquisitions representing 48 of those.
● Combined acquisition cost A$3.1M with combined estimated annualised revenue of A$4.5M ; the acquisitions are earnings accretive
● Acquisitions are all cash consideration funded from current cash reserves
● Combined acquisitions bring 180+ customers
● Core PEERING GmbH leadership team will remain as managers of the combined operation

Capital Initiative: MP1 has successfully undertaken a private placement of 10,500,000 fully paid ordinary shares to sophisticated and institutional investors to raise $17.85 million. The Placement was significantly oversubscribed with strong interest received from both existing and new investors.

Megaport is also announcing that it will offer existing shareholders an opportunity to acquire additional Shares at the same price as the Placement under a Share Purchase Plan - @ $1.70 up to $15K (yabba dabba- now well North of there)

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  melua  

nipper
post Posted: Apr 15 2016, 10:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Apr 14 2016, 08:46 AM

pick and shovel suppliers to 21st C miners?

another competitor in data centre space (as bought by EGI and in their Quarterly Ivvestment report:
Interxion (Market Cap $2.14bn)
- Fallen Angel
– Leading European retail data centre player benefiting from a generational shift as legacy IT infrastructure moves to the Cloud

Interxion is a leading provider of cloud and carrier-neutral co-location data centre services in Europe. The Company has a dominant position in Western Europe providing enterprises with access to >75% of European GDP. Over 90% of revenue is recurring in nature while 70-80% of new business currently comes from the growth of existing customers providing a very predictable revenue stream.
Today we are consuming more data than ever on more devices. For example, we are now streaming television with Netflix, listening to music on Spotify, running businesses on Salesforce and Xero and starting companies on Amazon's AWS. All of these performance sensitive applications require a cloud based infrastructure that is scalable and cost efficient allowing the user access to content when they want it and through any device.

Interxion provides a 'home' for these applications by enabling customers to securely deliver mission critical applications and content to end consumers. The Company locates its data centres close to city centres and house more than 600 individual carriers and Internet service providers and 20 European Internet exchanges in their data centres. By co-locating their IT infrastructure with Interxion, customers reduce both capital and operational costs while improving application performance.

As the rollout of cloud strategies across Europe continues and companies increasingly outsource infrastructure to the cloud, incumbents like Interxion will be well positioned to capture this growth. Key to their entrenched position are their locations which provide a primary connection to highly secure and scalable cloud environments for network speed and efficiency.

--------------------

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING