Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >   

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 28 2017, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport MP1 - Software Defined Network (SDN) connecting data centres to cloud, and cloud to enterprise

- There are over 4000 commercial enterprise data centres; MP1 has 165 of these
- currently enables 49 Data Centre Providers
- will expand to an additional 60+ locations in next 12 months, deepening our first mover advantage
- is broadening its share register with international investors reflecting its global business
- 214% growth YTD for cloud service connections
- Top 5 Global Cloud Service Providers rely on Megaport (AWS, Oracle, Azure, Google, Alibaba)

$27.8 million equity raising via the issue of approximately 13.235 million shares ($2.10 per share):
● A cornerstone placement to certain strategic investors (including Digital Realty who will take a 4.9% interest* in MP1) to raise $11.4
million has been completed (Strategic Placement)
● A fully underwritten institutional placement to raise a further $16.4 million (Institutional Placement)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Apr 13 2017, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

despite directors buying recently (& Slattery has $2mill to play with after SubPartners sale) MP1 keeps being sold off

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Feb 14 2017, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 14 2017, 10:30 AM

bots back in action

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 14 2017, 10:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 14 2017, 10:30 AM

window closed

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 14 2017, 10:30 AM
  Quote Post

key man risk
the Company's Chief Executive Officer, Mr Denver Maddux, has tendered his resignation from the role effective March 31, 2017. Mr Maddux will continue to be involved with Megaport in his capacity as a Strategic Advisor to the Board.

no great endorsement for the new guy (but maybe a window to buy as shares dumped to $2.00 ?)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2016, 02:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 23 2016, 10:05 AM

sold prior but rebounded after 1Q FY17 financial highlights (released overnight):
● Revenue for the period was $1.8M, an increase of 91% from the last quarter due to organic growth and acquisitions.
● Total monthly recurring revenue at the end of the quarter was $794K, an increase of $486K, 158% QoQ.
● The Asia-Pacific and Europe business units are generating a profit after direct network costs .
● Capital raising initiatives in the quarter added net $30M to the business.
● In August Megaport closed the acquisition of Peering GmbH (ECIX) for a total cash price of $1.9M. The total cash outflow in the quarter was $1.4M for partial settlement of the acquisition and related expenditure.
● At the end of September 2016, the company's cash position was $31.6M.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 23 2016, 10:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 2 2016, 12:07 PM

Megaport Limited MP1 announced today that it will use its SDN based elastic fabric interconnection solution to power Digital Realty Inc.'s Service Exchange, a solution designed to simplify global datacentre and cloud interconnection.

Enabling Service Exchange will result in the expansion of the Megaport fabric into additional locations to reach more customers and provide more connectivity options to existing Megaport customers.

This may be an optimal outcome in that the Megaport fabric should be grafted on to existing systems, rather than the 'build and they will come' approach of earlier phase. Getting to critical mass, and the upside could come with lower future spend . (good, as conventional expansion would involve further capital injection?)

MP1 opened at $2.98 this morning (and now above $3), and has been on the upkick for last 2 months.

Digital Realty is a company involved in datacenter acquisition, ownership, development and operation as well as providing colocation services. It is the world's largest full scale data center provider offering colocation, wholesale deployments, interconnection and cloud services with 150+ data centres

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Sep 2 2016, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

solid buying for MP1 since the capital raise. The way I see it, while there may have been a stag profit on the table, but by restricting the # of new shares, that has put a curb on selling. Existing holders want too hang on.

And as a business model:
Expand sites
expand ports
expand # of countries operating
expand # of clients
put teams in place
integrate acquisitions
bring on all sites to be EBITDA positive

Mega Priorities
- Accelerate revenue growth in all markets, especially Europe and North America
- Continue ecosystem expansion with addition of new partners and geographic reach
- Complete network development through organic means and acquisitions
- Drive towards operational EBITDA positive at group level

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 19 2016, 11:25 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport received applications in excess of $27.2 million AUD. The Megaport board has determined to cap shares issued under the SPP to $13,150,000 million AUD (7,735,294 fully paid ordinary shares), with applicants to be scaled back on a pro-rata basis.

This is based on its assessment of capital expenditure required for ongoing costs of network, services and staff, and network investment, and will provide the funding for revenue growth, market development, and additional acquisition opportunities. Full details of the use of funds are set out in the Company's investor presentation released to the market on 29 July 2016.

Megaport CEO Denver Maddux said, "We are truly energized by the support and confidence shown by Megaport's loyal shareholders. We are now well funded to take advantage of the significant opportunities ahead for Megaport."
so, under 50% of what was applied for?

--------------------

PeterH
post Posted: Aug 2 2016, 03:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 2 2016, 02:53 PM

Thanks Nipper. You are right in saying, "...don't invest in things you don't understand!?" In this case I suspect there are two things to understand, the technology of the service itself and, probably more important, the competition. I had better stick to my knitting.

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING