Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

832 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

The top of this cycle for ASX200, cash is king ?
nipper
post Posted: Nov 28 2019, 10:46 AM
  Quote Post

Kahuna has run with the outrage for a while, and the numbers seem to be getting worse:

Deaths of despair': Americans dying younger than other wealthy places.

http://www.smh.com.au/world/deaths-of-desp...53ejc.html?btis

The engine that powers the world's most potent economy is dying at a worrisome pace, a "distinctly American phenomenon" with no easily discernible cause or simple solution.

Those are some conclusions from a comprehensive new study by researchers at Virginia Commonwealth University showing that mortality rates for US adults ages 25-64 continue to increase, driving down the general population's life expectancy for at least three consecutive years.

The report, Life Expectancy and Mortality Rates in the United States, 1959-2017, was published in the Journal of the American Medical Association. It paints a bleak picture of a workforce plagued by drug overdoses, suicides and organ-system diseases while grappling with economic stresses.

"This looks like an excellent paper - just what we needed to help unravel the overall decline in life expectancy in the US," said Eileen Crimmins, an associate dean at the University of Southern California who's an expert on the link between health and socioeconomic factors.

In a trend that cuts across racial and ethnic boundaries, the US has the worst midlife mortality rate among 17 high-income countries despite leading the world in per-capita spending on healthcare.

And while life expectancy in those other industrialised nations continues to inch up, it has been going in the opposite direction in America, decreasing from a peak of 78.9 years in 2014 to 78.6 in 2017, the last year covered by the report.

By comparison, according to the Peterson-Kaiser Health System Tracker, the average longevity in similar countries is 82.2 years. Japan's is 84.1, Australia's 82.5, France's 82.4, Canada's 81.9 and Britain's 80.9. They left the US behind in the 1980s and increased the distance as the rate of progress in this country diminished and eventually halted in 2011

- between 1999 and 2017, midlife mortality from drug overdoses spiked by 386.5%
- in same period and cohort, deaths from hypertensive diseases increased 78%, and linked to obesity, up 114%
- suicides rose by 38%

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

kahuna1
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 11:09 PM
  Quote Post

Agreed ...

A pox to them all.

Nuclear stuff ... well EU ... 28 EU nations ... China and Russia thought the nuclear deal was being upheld.In some ways, Iran made the mistake of taking USA embassy hostage ...Took back its assets , Oil ones which the Shah took when he came in ... lost when he went out.
I listened to Dastiari the other nights who his parents supported the overthrow of the shah ... he was born there .. went back recently and spoke negatively about the current regime. I looked, being curious and he left AGE 2 ... came to Australia age 4 from Iran.
Complex stuff and humans, me least of all ...

That his parents left prior to bloody meat grinder of the Iran Iraq war and the horror of being attacked by chemical weapons and nerve agents when Iraq started loosing say in 1985 has made them who and what they are, Iran.
They begged for help ... to the UN .... 350 separate incidents .... between 1985 and 1990 ... well documented.
What they are today, the nation, is shaped and forged in this.

Ignoring other issues. Saudi Arabia bankrolled this Iraq invasion to the tune of about 20 billion back in 1980 ..
Not being of the faith, the threat of a democratic but religious based democracy where state and church are not separated is a direct threat to the Monarchy of Saudi Arabia as well as places like Kuwait and Bahrain. Bahrain actually has a majority of Shia faith ... like Iran but is ruled by Sunni Muslims as is Kuwait and Saudi Arabia.

None of it good, or pleasant or easily solved with a terrible history the last 50 or so years. Strangely they lived in peace at times for 1,000 years and sometimes with Antichrist and Jewish minorities. Iran was actually friendly to Israel when the Shah was there, but he was a puppet installed by the USA and Uk identical to Noriaga in Panama or say MArcos in the Philippines.

None of it much to do about fair, or equal treatment for things. One set of rules for one nation and another for the other. Its ok for one thing to happen to one group and not to the other.

I sadly suspect that outside Israel, all the rest quite happily will be discarded and if you can get them to fight each other, rather than the Arab states who have joined together occasional against Israel, that too is fine according to USA policy.
Venezuela and say Cuba still being treated the same way. Meanwhile we now have a massive nuclear club outside the USA. I am not too sure since Libya almost had a fully assembled bomb and handed it over and was not even suspected that it had one under development that they have any real idea about who or what Iran has. Lots of stuff missing from Soviet states when they split and some of the missiles Iran has copied and improved are from those regions.

Yep a pox to them all ... but ... being human, I wish only for good stuff and people to live in peace and follow whatever beliefs they wish.
Peace .... and kindness seems obsolete and naive I suppose.Where this ends, given Trumps views about the deal contradicted inspectors on the ground and he did the identical thing ... with Iraq, they even payed ball and let USA inspection teams in with no warning in 2002-3 ? ... still that was not enough. We were told, the world was told they had WMD's and they did not.

Playing ball, Does not work. Saddam was executed, Ghaffi in Libya even played ball, but was invaded and he died with a bayonet in his behind. Strange as it sounds Libya had the best healthcare and education system in the whole of Africa prior to the UN led invasion and bombing. Not suggesting HE ... or Iran or Saddam Hussein is or are saints.

Iran ... its already endured a lot since it kicked out the Shah and not being Arabs, not speaking Arabic ... seems like most things totally lost on the USA powers to be. The list of things that, well would ... make even a reasonable person or nation take very drastic action occurred many years ago in there case.

As I said, they spend less of there GDP on defense than even Australia does !! I think its 1.5% ... and its more the type of weapon that is meant to STOP of slow someone invading or make them think very hard about bombing them. Basically a bloody buzzsaw if provoked and whilst USA claimed some action by them, they are ranked by the military experts either number 12 or number 14 in terms of dangerous armies. that is saying something when the top spots go to USA, Russia, China, Japan then France, Germany, UK .... Iran is NOT far behind and scary if provoked. Really scary. Sadly with I think some good cause after running to the United nations after WMD's were used on IT .... 350 times ... and the USA decided to shoot a civilian airliner down .. blow up most of its offshore oil rigs and so on around 1990.

Sadly, this latest stuff, is what it is. I doubt its very much over and Yemen, separate from Iran whilst not even in the same league, the revelation that 10 drones can wipe out 50% of the oil capacity of the worlds largest producer for a while is not about to stop them from launching more drones. At $15,000 per drone and say $20,000 with the rockets ... so 200k in drones takes 5 million barrels of oil a day offline for say 3 months, and needing to rebuild so 100 million ? The toll on Saudi Arabia and its already stretched finances is not a good one.

Roughly 25 billion lost revenue ?

And the USA and global equity markets due to quite obvious plunge protection team support don't move ? Sit 1% below all time highs ?

These imbeciles I thought were insane late 2007 reporting GDP growth in the USA at 5% plus when clearly Merrill Lynch had lost its capital and Citi already had reported loosing at least 5 years of profits, this ... given the extremities we now reside in terms of valuation, in the face of extreme international issues with Trade, not just China and USA but EU.USA ... Japan Korea ... and then this festering stuff ... India/Pakistan ,,, and not even a blink of risk aversion added to the S+p 500 ? Looming USA budget issues ,,, a fiscally broken system with now 1.055 trillion deficit and 22.6 trillion debt or 106% of GDP and exponentially getting worse.

There are about 4 other massive issues as well, so Iran is somewhat a distraction, irrelevant in many ways to the underlying festering situation of policies that cannot continue. USA in 2023 will be 120% debt to GDP and collect a mere 30% of Tax to GDP and a mere 13% federally v 120% debt to GDP on that side. Not too worried about the rest of the govt debt overall, as they collect 17% of GDP via state and local and city stuff and its about 20% of GDP on top of that pile.

Yes lets ignore it all.

When 5% of the global oil market is taken out for say 3 months, maybe more, likely more conflict in the region as well, and the market DOES NOT REACT ... I know something is seriously wrong.
Its broken.

If I say was going for a loan and went you know how I said I earn 100k a year, its only 20k, and you know how I said I have no debt, I actually owe 300k on a 20k income, would the bank still lend me 200 k ? In 2007 they would, and did, as long as I got my commission.

Either we respect rules and risk learnt over the past 5,000 years, or we don't.
Strange times and whilst not really a pox on them all, hoping for the best, the outlook is and was bad pre Trump, its far worse now. Why not seize another ship on the high seas. or threaten to invade North Korea or Venezuela or some other nation. Mr Morrison better behave and roll over . Turnball got hung up on and had to wait 90 minutes on an aircraft carrier for Trump to finally decide to see him.

Marcon at least told USA to get nicked and Google even paid 1 billion Euros ... about 5% of what the tech boys owe France for the last decade.
Enjoy. Maybe a new all time high ... excuse ? I have no idea and at times one is advised not to try and estimate stupidity because it will always surprise you.

Still ... my technical and other models tell me the USA tries that 3,165 level on the S+P 500 .... but my brain is going. Well ... the risks are peaking and likely more than I have ever seen in my 35 plus years. The fiscal train wreck and potential and impossible to avoid things in the 3-5 year time-frame assure 30% if not 50% on the USA side. At some stage the USA does get universal healthcare and 200 billion in profits on that sector become at best 20 billion. Multiply that by a P/E of say 20 .... and you have HALF the 50% in one move.

For now, rah rah rah .... to have the plunge protection team being used in times like this , a mere 1% from all time highs speaks volumes about Trumps way he ranks his performance and thats via stock market performance. Sadly, fiscally, its a black hole. As to global trade, free trade, relations, tensions and lots of other things, relationships will never be the same again. China will never be able to rely upon USA for anything. It must become independent in all aspects of technology and is doing so at a scary pace.

Enuf ... too hard ... sorry but thinking out loud and its not making any sense to me, or any history I have ever seen. Lessons with the same outcome every time, every nation that has done some things, the market may continue for a while, the nation or empire keeps going and then, like gravity and a drone that supposedly was not over Iran but funnily enuf when shot down the debris landed in Iranian territory, these things end the same way.

Enjoy ... will go hug someone I love or tell someone the same.

Mark

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  Livas1  db76  crashtstdumy  

Pendragon
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 10:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 17 2019, 09:30 PM

Indeed - a pox on them all!!!

We spent a week in Dubai while the Burj Khalifa was under construction. Our hotel, the Al Maha was in the desert.
On the way we we saw numerous compounds with low adobe huts with open (no glass) windows and definitely no air conditioning and high wire fencing all around and no shade or greenery.

We were told by our driver that this is where the workers (mostly Philippine) on the Burj Khalifa were billeted. To all intents and purposes they were just prisoners and treated as such. Just bussed to and from work and kept under lock and key while not at work.

The Sheik's horses were kept in much better accommodation!!!

Consequently the "magnificence" of the Burj Khalifa leaves me cold!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  

nipper
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 09:30 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Pendragon's post @ Sep 17 2019, 09:08 PM

700 Filipino maids that ran away from their Saudi employers will die, inside the the Philippine Embassy in Riyadh.
And Iran uses hostage taking as bargaining chips

A Pox on both of them IMO

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Pendragon
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 09:08 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Sep 17 2019, 05:27 PM

K,

A bit of a stretch to say a nuclear deal with Iran was working while it allowed Iran to develop Nuclear weapons.

I also, like Trump, would be inclined to tear up any deal which clearly was faulty and openly being flaunted.

IMHO Saudi Arabia is the enemy and needs to be brought into line. Why America (and not only America) is turning a blind eye to Saudi and its proselytizing throughout Europe and the world is beyond me.

I live for the day Saudi runs out of oil!!!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

kahuna1
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 07:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 17 2019, 07:17 PM

Fair enough ....
I was speaking of intended Genocide as objective as has been stated By Saudi Arabia
Warsaw Ghetto was cut off, much like Yemen ...
I don't think a single one you mentioned is an issue.
I believe I have covered why Shia may actually not be fond of the Jewish people via the occupation of Palestine and actions against Shia Muslims in Palestine.

Each to their own. Because they object ... they must be killed.
Bravo ....

Irredentisma policy of advocating the restoration to a country of any territory formerly belonging to it.
Gee .... I thought that was their right.
My mistake.
That Saudi Arabia if anything is more active in their TOTAL hatred of the Jewish people and bankrolled not one but two massive attacks against Israel is a sad fact.

That the number 3 and 4 most holy sites now lie inside Israel is an issue for both Shia and Sunni Muslims of which the invading of their holy Mosque for the last 2 years in the last week of Ramadan has occurred only makes the whole religion based hatred even more an open wound for any Muslim.
What a bunch of fun.

--------------------
All views expressed are my own opinions. While I take every care when posting no guarantee to the absolute veracity of the postings is given or implied. Please do your own reseach and consult a professional investment advisor before investing.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 07:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kahuna1's post @ Sep 17 2019, 05:27 PM

"Only analogy in history " - Bulldust. So selective you trivialise your argument. History is littered with collective inhumanity

Houti ideology alignments
Zaidi revivalism
Anti-imperialism
Irredentism
Anti-Zionism
Antisemitism (officially denied)
Yemeni nationalism
Big tent populism

- not really my 'go to' choices of political positioning.

--------------------

kahuna1
post Posted: Sep 17 2019, 05:27 PM
  Quote Post

Just a few adds to the above.

Yemen has actually conducted over 100 attacks via drones in the past inside Saudi Arabia.
Some drones shot down previously . clearly ... VERY Clearly ... they were made in a garage and domestically IN YEMEN.

Why ? Look closely and the wires are not even soldered, they are joined with cheap insulating wire.
I would also add, there have been previous attacks on Saudi Oil infrastructure.
Whilst its nice to pretend, Iran was involved which maybe it is, the reality is Saudi Arabia has stated clearly its intent is to exterminate all Houthi of the Shia Muslim faith in Yemen. All of them. Around 30 million are in dire straights and 10 million starving.

Only analogy in history is the 1943 Warsaw Ghetto uprising where 300,000 mainly Jewish people rose up against the Nazis. That was 1% the size of what is going on.

USA maintains a total air blockade on the nation. So too a sea blockade where everything is blocked. All bridges and roads into and out of the nation Yemen also cut off.

Other than the Saudis and their other Sunni Muslim nations who joined them and 15,000 USA mercenaries .... the only nations directly supporting the USA in this in any way are the UK ... and NOW Australia.

I do wonder, and the tape of the Saudi Journalist who was murdered in the Saudi Embassy in Turkey ... I have not listened as its too disturbing to hear a man going " your suffocating me" prior to that occurring and him being chopped up.

Yemen ... is ... 300,000 or so dead this year likely according to the United Nations which the USa just slashed its financial support for and no longer feels its accountable for any action by its military anywhere and pulled also out of various bodies meant to protect against soldiers getting out of hand.

Whilst perfect world, there would be no war, that sadly is a dream.

9/11 was an awful act of state sponsored or protected terrorism which killed 3,000 Americans.
In the Iran Iraq war, Iraq, with full support of the UK and USA did not a thing when Iran was the target of 350 chemical warfare and biological weapon attacks. this is on even Wikipedia and the killed and injured were well above Yemens total for even this year. UK even provided the chemicals used to make the agents.

Post 9/11 the Middle east has been torn asunder. Afghanistan, Libya, Iraq and Syria just to name a few. If the total deaths is under 3 million or 1000 times the 9/11 amount I would be astounded.

Since Yemen and its genocide seems to be missing from the debate as to WHY .... if Yemen were to trow a tantrum of similar size, would say 30 million seem to many ... or 300 million dead since that's 1,000 times the size.

This is just perspective and whilst not a fan of Iran and some of its policies, where is it allowed to stand up being the minority Muslim Shia faith and say here is some food and arms for self protection ?

I have no idea. too hard.

It is alarming and only can pray for a peaceful SANE resolution and we all live in peace.

Some of the claims by the USA that Iran was involved or launched cruise missiles are, well, absurd for the Cruise missile aspect. One sadly may learn WHAT a cruise missile does the hard way, if they decide to attack Iran. A cruise missile verses a soft non fortified target or building uses normally cluster munitions and they are baseball sized things around 5kg and the missile contains 40 or MORE of them.

The attack had 19 separate distinct HITs .... so suggesting even ONE was shot is sadly absurd.

My favorite claim by the USA in relation to Iran was when a USA warship shot down an Iranian airliner 1989 ? with I think 289 people on board. The CLAIM by George Bush Senior, now dead, was the plane was approaching the warship, descending and on the ID it was squawking it was claimed it was a military one. Upon the investigation which occurred .... the plan was rising, going the opposite way to the direction of the USA warship and was clearly squawking via radio an Identification as an Airliner.

George Bush senior was asked about this about 10 years ago, did he regret it ? Or wish to apologize ? And he said NO to both.

Not sure the current USA regime is any better. Nor sadly Australia.

Last ... the drones, ones that can go 900 km ... cost a mere $15,000- ... most components are made in China. Scary world and now its been revealed the Achilles heel of the matter, sadly not going to improve.

Iran, USA mocked them and their capabilities and so on, only to have a drone costing 300 million which they believed invulnerable to be knocked out of the sky and the wreckage which due to gravity drops straight down the recovered and displayed. USA claimed of course the incident occurred in international airspace, which .... again ... shows the total BS going on.

Missile wise, Iran is scary and if attacked will retaliate I sadly suspect many times over.

On Markets, a JOKE.
Seriously .... NO drop in USA or global equities ?
Either I know not a thing about history or risk or the market is now without any humans running things.
When say 9/11 occurred the market dropped a lot.
This, if anything is potentially WORSE .... a delusional one term president facing likely prosecution if he looses in 2020 ....

Supporting the regime that, well makes some actions of WW2 look tame ?

Sadly, and not to be alarmist, Iran has had little choice but to be proactive in its own defense. As to say supporting the minority Houthi in Yemen of the same faith, all be it NOT with any material support since the USA closed all Sea and Air routes and Saudi's all land based support is gone ...

Strange world. Sadly so. Here the graves of those who fought gallantly in Gallipoli and so many other causes to stop this sort of thing, we are on the OTHER SIDE ....

Help I cant breathe either not sure iof its the stench of USA or the Saudi person with a plastic bag over my head.

Be wary of markets. Risk adverse is always the best option at all time highs let alone when they ignore ... IGNORE the destruction of 50% of the oil capacity of the worlds largest oil producer.

Possibly the strangest and most staged response I have ever seen in my life. Not suggesting panic .... but, gee ... all time highs as the foundations just had one leg removed let alone the other structural issues.

All so Trump could tear up a deal that was working with the nuclear issue for Iran.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: indeficit  Pendragon  Livas1  crashtstdumy  

kahuna1
post Posted: Sep 15 2019, 01:37 PM
  Quote Post

Here we go again ....
I note drone attacks in Saudi being claimed by as done the Houthi from YEMEN ... are being blamed on another nation IRAN. USA evangelist ... secretary of state Pompeo .... just as bad as the now departed Bolton .... accused IRAN.

He and Pence are really nutty fringe evangelical types who talk about the rapture and end of things. Pence actually makes Trump appear sane, maybe thats why he is vice President .... over and above Trump needed support of these types in the USA in their Anti non Christians and anti gay anti abortion and anti non white policies.

War ... WAR WAR ... Trump gets his wish.
Heaven Help us.

Iran, spends less per GDP than even Australia on defense. Its defense is NOT to attack or invade other nations but has massive capabilities as I already covered.

Its history is shameful what the USA, UK and Australia who blindly backs them ... 350 chemical and nerve gas attacks ignored by the UN ... Verified I might add. 100,000 killed and 250,000 still dealing with this 30 years latter !!

USA bottom line has managed to produce 5 million more barrels of oil a day via Tar sands and Fracking. Break even for this expensive non traditional oil is well over $50- a barrel. Hence why Libya was green-lighted ... then Venezuela and then Iran embargo ... sadly still a glut of oil.

Lets go to war !!

China needs a test bed for its 5th generation weapons .... and Iran is ingenious in copying it.

Sadly, with extreme regret ... if Iran is actually fired upon the reaction will be ... stunning. Not tit for tat, it will be using one of the maps I showed and then add every port, every oil field, every refinery in the region and every tanker in the gulf and Trump will have the distraction he wants and an oil price that will make his mates some profit.

World has gone mad, meanwhile our fathead PM will follow into the gates of hell.

USA making idiotic claims and we this time are directly supporting the genocide in Yemen .... Well done Fathead PM Morrison !!

Houthis in Yemen, blockaded by aid and sea totally by the USA, being hunted on the ground ... by Saudi and death-toll the UN estimates via famine and outright death in 2019 .... 300,000-.

Australia was silent on this, only UK and USA supported it and 28 EU nations vocal in ther horror.

Now we are supporting this action directly !! AUSTRALIA.

On this recent oil attack ....
"These attacks are our right, and we warn the Saudis that our targets will keep expanding," spokesman Yahya Saree said in a statement read out on the rebels' Al Masirah TV.

"We have the right to strike back in retaliation to the air strikes and the targeting of our civilians for the last five years."

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/dron...4051900472.html

On Houthi TV in Yemen ...

Then we have mike Pompeo CLAIMING Iran was the nation that did it.

Not even a bird can enter Yemen since 2015.

The attacks via 10 drones were not USA style ones which are flown 20,000 km and rain hell from above but commercial TOYS costing less than 1k each likely with a small explosive strapped to them operated on the outskirts of these Oil facilities in Saudi Arabia.

Pence the vice President is likely to claim Peal Harbor was attacked by the Chinese in 1941 and then Trump that it was Russia bombing the UK in the battle of Britain in 1939.

These people now in power in the USA and their lackeys UK and sadly Australia now ... are DELUSIONAL.

Why are we there ?

Why are we supporting Saudi Arabia in its efforts and goal of total genocide of the Shia people in Yemen ?

That Iran is mainly Shia Muslim faith and sympathies and supports opposition of such a genocide is only to be expected. As to material support, IT post 2015 does not occur. All ports most roads and certainly all air traffic is either totally blocked or searched.

Sadly the excuse Trump needed, he has yet another one all be it totally and easily seen as total rubbish. One nation after last week 100 innocent civilians were bombed and KILLED in Yemen, reacts and admits it was them ... sending back presents to Saudi Arabia and we have totally delusional things coming out of the USA Secretary of States mouth as to who did it .... worse from Pence and Trump ... threatening Iran again ?

These are Pompeo's exact words .... Via twitter ... if one can believe his method.

Tehran is behind nearly 100 attacks on Saudi Arabia while Rouhani and Zarif pretend to engage in diplomacy. Amid all the calls for de-escalation, Iran has now launched an unprecedented attack on the world’s energy supply. There is no evidence the attacks came from Yemen.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2019/09/mbs-...4192436368.html

Yes that's why they, the Houthi in Yemen, admitted it on their local TV ... YOU DUMMY !!

Chief dummy TRUMP ... is silent on twitter, so far, which ... I suspect means nothing good. FATHEAD PM Morrison is our own !!

Shame on you. Shame on Australia.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: tombeet  indeficit  kiril  

kahuna1
post Posted: Jul 28 2019, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: tombeet's post @ Jul 28 2019, 03:43 PM

Hi Tom ...
yep well ... as always scratching my head.
His racist rants one thing.Telling other nations how to NOT tax USA based companies is another.Healthcare issue ... is something that will change but ... when 2020 or 2024 ?

For now, we go up I suspect via USA fed cutting rates which well ... will have NO real impact on the lower 80% because the main part of their finance is via credit cards or car loans for the lower 60% and they will not move. Conversely. those who own shares, well that will drive asset prices higher as yet again no interest.
Amazing to see 30 year German bonds near zero and 10 years at Minus 0.4% .Whilst USA bonds much much higher and with good cause, its going to be some time to see rates higher so again ... one of the many reasons the USA is up here and well ... we follow.
2020 Trump re-election appears like a mess. Fox news is a disgrace and so openly right and Trump and whites only club, its chilling to look back at the antics of the 1920's in the USA and 30's ... along with Germany but the USA back then was sadly just like Germany. Not much has changed and for now, thankfully the Jewish people seem to think they are KKK club members in 2019. They have copped enough.
Sadly, KKK hates everyone and each little group has its own Oligachy interests and Tech Boys, who pay no tax, Jewish, fund 30% of all donations which skews things one way, drug companies and healthcare 25% , Oil and gas 20% Banking 20% and from time to time its the large employers who rise up to stop people demanding higher wages, or the Las Vegas crowd, again Jewish and Sheldon who chips in millions ...

what the vast majority and a landslide is over 60% in any election but 75% of people want universal healthcare, sadly the powers to be bribed in the USA and delusional number one, call them socialists and communists for wanting what We have and 65 other nations a lower cost healthcare system which covers close to 100% in basic cover.
I struggle with how many are being ignored and loosing 15 years of life, so ... turnips like trump or other cretins who pay no tax can add to their pile.

I was wrong, in 2008 that they would do something about it. Had to do something about it. They just eroded the pensions, slashed the cover of the already awful healthcare free over 65 cover and then gave themselves a tax cut.
Strange but we, Australia and every other nation by NOT actually demanding tax be paid by USA mainly companies but a long list in other tax havens are actually enabling this.
Sad we are so weak in leadership, afraid of the man with the wig and fake tan. Oh and his minions .... and what a bunch they are !!

Strange times. UP for now ... its the only way ... as much as it is absurd ... low interest rates, no tax paid makes P/E look good for USa and we follow ... and have done so for now.
Have fun

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: indeficit  Pendragon  

832 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING