Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BREXIT?, What happens to Uk pound and Euro if brexit yes wins
nipper
post Posted: Today, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Today, 01:40 PM

definitely the ASX-listed ETF is doing well ; F100 is up 2%

And, Sterling rocketed 1.85 percent to US$1.342 and by 1.09 percent to €1.202 within minutes of the announcement. The pound has been volatile against both major currencies for several months as markets continue to wait for clarity over Brexit

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

henrietta
post Posted: Today, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Today, 12:54 PM

Looks like Aussie investors are quite relieved and buying again.

Cheers
J

nipper
post Posted: Today, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 16 2019, 07:32 AM

UK election results coming through, and it's likely the Conservative Party will form a government in its own right.
Early results and the exit poll look like a thumping victory for Boris Johnson. It also seems to be an emphatic rejection of Jeremy Corbyn and his far left Labour Party.

The early voting trends have been disastrous for Labour, with socially conservative low income northern and midlands England swinging away from Labour. There also seems to be a swing against Labour in Wales and no recovery for the party at all in Scotland.

In many seats that Labour loses it will lose by a lesser margin than the combined vote of the Liberal Democrats and the Greens in those electorates.

People knew what the consequences of their votes would be. Labour could not consolidate the Remain vote, whereas Johnson did consolidate the Leave vote.

The election was dominated by three issues: Brexit, Corbyn and the National Health Service.

But the (remaining) "remainers" will persist. Sadly.

schadenfreude
/ˈʃɑːd(ə)nˌfrɔɪdə,German ˈʃɑːdənˌfrɔydə/
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 16 2019, 07:32 AM
  Quote Post

Brexit dominates the media agenda as Britain lunges towards October 31, but [Peter Estlin, London's Lord Mayor,] insists that the sky is not about to fall on London. So what of the story that bankers are leaving the city in droves and money is pouring out of the capital? “Well the story is not that” says Estlin.

“During the time frame of Brexit, we have seen growth in employment. We’ve seen further growth of capital inflows. Clearly individual businesses are making decisions, but I am not aware of any business that has relocated lock, stock and barrel to the continent. In fact, the reverse: I’ve seen businesses coming into the city because they want to continue to access the capital markets, and so they see London as being critical to their future.”

The lord mayor acknowledges that some businesses have hedged by moving part of their workforce in Dublin or Luxembourg, but he gauges the numbers at between 5000 and 7000.

“When you then put that alongside the 30,000 to 40,000 jobs that have been created through fintech and cyber and the other areas, that’s why we’re seeing a net growth.”

The former Barclays and Salomons banker is confident that even in the worst case scenario, a no deal, business would adapt.

“The City as a services centre I wouldn’t say is immune, but has basically prepositioned itself for any outcome. It is the businesses that are involved in the movement of goods that are at risk.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/b...3011e082c444847

- not many in the "global city" (haha) voted for Brexit

--------------------

xw1
post Posted: Feb 7 2017, 09:55 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 7 2017, 09:36 AM

lapin: rabbit, specifically a castrated male rabbit.
=============
lmaosmiley.gif haha you sure to make a lot of us laughing nipper!!

nipper
post Posted: Feb 7 2017, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: xw1's post @ Feb 7 2017, 09:25 AM

Marion Anne Perrine Le Pen, known as Marine Le Pen, is a French politician who is the president of the National Front, a national conservative political party in France.

lapin: rabbit, specifically a castrated male rabbit.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: xw1  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

xw1
post Posted: Feb 7 2017, 09:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 6 2017, 10:03 PM

The possibility of Ms Lapen taking the French presidency may be bigger.
============
you are right mick, but the event you mention will trigger Euro crash, not GBP.
what i point out is about to crash GBP.

not sure witch one gonna come first?? unsure.gif

worth to keep eye on these events though!!

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 6 2017, 10:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: xw1's post @ Feb 6 2017, 09:34 PM

The possibility of Ms Lapen taking the French presidency may be bigger.
Apart from railing against globalisation (Trumped by a French woman.), she has praised Britains EU exit.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

xw1
post Posted: Feb 6 2017, 09:34 PM
  Quote Post

Scotland is heading for a fresh independence referendum when U.K. triggers Article 50 to leave the EU, according to a member of the Scottish Greens.

The U.K. government is unwilling to consider Scottish proposals to shape Brexit seriously, the lawmaker told Reuters.
============================================

keep eye on this event, it could trigger GBP to have another crash. imho.

marketwinner
post Posted: Nov 13 2016, 11:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 11 2016, 10:33 PM

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-32810887

Brexit: All you need to know about the UK leaving the EU

7 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING