Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

64 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Commonwealth Securities, Commsec, System Status / General Discussion
nipper
post Posted: Sep 23 2019, 05:14 PM
  Quote Post

...stockbroker Morgans will be the new home of financial advisers in Commonwealth Bank of Australia's CommSec Advisory unit. Morgans is understood to have won a tender conducted by CBA, which pitted the firm against a bunch of rivals including Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, Ord Minnett and Wilsons.

It is understood there are about a dozen advisers in the CommSec team who together manage $4 billion to $4.5 billion on behalf of clients. CommSec Advisory offers financial planning and advice to clients, including high net worth clients and self managed super funds.

"We are pleased to announce that CommSec’s advisory business will transition to Morgans," Morgans executive chairman Brian Sheahan said in an internal memo seen by Street Talk.

"CommSec Advisory currently provides a full-service advice service to clients, making the transition an ideal fit for Morgans. "Today’s news is a natural progression in Morgans growth strategy, and provides CommSec advisers the opportunity to join our national network in offering their clients the best products, services and research analysis."

Sheahan said Morgans would invite CommSec's advisers to join a Morgans owned office in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne or Perth.

- still not my first port of call for advice. .... Or tenth.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 24 2017, 07:40 PM
  Quote Post

I'm a bit SLOPPY at the moment.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

mistagear
post Posted: Feb 24 2017, 05:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 23 2017, 09:02 PM

I qualify as SLOTH, not SOPH

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

mrbear
post Posted: Feb 24 2017, 12:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 24 2017, 07:03 AM

You should know all brokers are god wolver and never tell you a bad call.
As for poor old bears i adopt the policy of selling if they recommend buying and viceversa,seems to work most of the time as they really have a poor track record and i myself have no clue what will happen tomorrow on the market but i do know the likes of cba will continue to rip the majority off and pay obscene divs to holders at this time and the near future,cheers mrbear smile.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: wolverine  

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 24 2017, 07:03 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 23 2017, 09:51 PM

I don't see how there is any difference between broker A and broker B doing the same thing.

If you qualify as a soph then you are big enough to make a decision on buying without a prospectus.

Don't get me wrong when the shit hits the fan everyone is a whinger and wants to blame someone other than their good self for their greed.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

nipper
post Posted: Feb 23 2017, 09:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wolverine's post @ Feb 23 2017, 09:02 PM

takin' it to the masses. It is just another marketing exercise, but Comsec is the largest broker and with the least sophisticated retail client base. You want garlic bread with that (you sophisticate, you). I see mis-selling ahead

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

wolverine
post Posted: Feb 23 2017, 09:02 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 23 2017, 05:13 PM

Why?

I am a soph and this has been available through other brokers since forever.

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

nipper
post Posted: Feb 23 2017, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

CommSec Sophisticated Investor Program lets you tap into a range of attractive new investment opportunities not available to retail investors. The Program offers you access to:
• Wholesale IPOs
• Select Equity Placements
• Fixed Interest Securities

Benefits include more ways to invest and the opportunity to take part in select offers not offered to the rest of the market

can only end in tears, IMO

--------------------

rick001
post Posted: Mar 11 2016, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

Hi..Have any commsec clients here been able to make online application for broker firm allocation of Perls 8? I have tried twice and broker firm application choice has not been an option available. I am beeing asked to login when I am already logged in. Any comments on this issue of Perls *? Cheers Rick

early birds
post Posted: Sep 30 2014, 05:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: veeone's post @ Sep 30 2014, 04:07 PM

glitch for most of other online broker as well.

64 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING