Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

FRE, FRESHTEL HOLDINGS LIMITED
marty117
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: remlif on Monday 09/10/06 03:12pm

Thats a rumour that i would say its just a rumour - some of these large VOIP company ie: Skype and Vonage are capped higher than large Telcos - so i would say that's purely a rumour.

I've held FRE from the placement at 20c and haven't sold a share and i've bought all the way up to 80c with an average price of 55c.

Read the tolhurst report, 80c 12month target based on current preformance with no further contracts included in the price.

With coles, walmart and carrefore on the charts this stock could be anything if they land white label deals with these companies.

Buy and then hold and you will be rewarded.

remlif
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 03:12 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: User on Monday 09/10/06 02:38pm

Thanks user. That makes sense. It would send the ACCC into a frenzy, but I reckon it might happen just the same.

User
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 02:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: remlif on Monday 09/10/06 12:05pm

remlif, in the US and UK the big telcos have started to identify ISP voice traffic and make sure data sent by the telco is given preference in delivery. This can and has been shown to result in VOIP being of vastly inferior quality and reliability to the big telcos voice telephony. The telcos have technology which enables them to look inside 'packets'.

remlif
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: User on Monday 09/10/06 11:07am

Care to elaborate User,

I haven't read any analysis of the big telco's "fight back" options, but I agree, they must have them. I know that for every dollar of revenue that Freshtel makes, a big telco loses 10 dollars, but I couldn't surmise a strategy for them to combat this loss, other than to join in and compete.

User
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 11:07 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: marty117 on Monday 09/10/06 09:59am

Marty, would tend to agree. I don't hold FRE atm. Invested a while ago and got out with a good profit but could have made a lot more devilsmiley.gif . I like their business model and if it takes off it will be big. I got stopped out and read some tricks the big telcos had for players such as FRE so abandoned ship. Good Luck.

marty117
post Posted: Oct 9 2006, 09:59 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: DaForce on Saturday 07/10/06 09:11pm

FRE doesn't exaggerate anything - that's why it's at this price - unlike ENG that love to talk up every small thing they do.

FRE is a great company with loads and loads of scope!!

Featured Stock Stories

DaForce
post Posted: Oct 7 2006, 09:11 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: remlif on Friday 06/10/06 01:40pm

Been watching this one for a while. I'm hoping it can break the 67c mark as that looks like a line of resistance. Monday could be fun!

remlif
post Posted: Oct 6 2006, 01:40 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mike99 on Friday 06/10/06 01:33pm

Thanks mike, that was quick.

I guess it comes down to how much faith you have in this company's press release.

I haven't been a holder long enough to know whether Freshtel exaggerates, or tries to set itself up so that it can overdeliver on its promises. Or whether it is just plain honest.

mike99
post Posted: Oct 6 2006, 01:33 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: remlif on Friday 06/10/06 01:29pm

remilf,
the tolhurst report mainly regurgitated the company update released yesterday (subscriber numbers, low cost of aquisition etc).

80c value was based on current whitelabel contracts and does not allow for upside from future contracts.

All positive.

remlif
post Posted: Oct 6 2006, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

Anyone out there a customer of Tolhursts. Apparently, they (Graeme Carson) have a buy recommendation on Freshtel at a valuation of 80c.

I would be interested in what they may have said.

8 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING