Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

104 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 101 102 103 104   

Reply to this topic

MNS, MAGNIS RESOURCES LIMITED
early birds
post Posted: Jun 24 2016, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Jun 24 2016, 06:42 AM

someone tipped this one to me two days ago.
i told him " stoploss at 78cents and target 1.40ish" and i won't trade it as it too risk at it's current price in the hot hot sector. i just keep think of what LYC did over the years, also PDN.
but people have skills and faith, can give it a go i guess!!

nipper
post Posted: Jun 24 2016, 06:42 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bereal's post @ Nov 2 2015, 08:39 AM

interesting story on Magnis Resources MNS in http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/m...c9b47e17ed93c61

Magnis was a uranium exploration play called Uranex whose hopes had been smashed along with the rest of the uranium sector by the 2012 Fukushima nuclear disaster. The company had been hunting for uranium in Tanzania when it stumbled across some outcropping graphite. There was little momentum for graphite at the time but with funds running low and the company's future in the balance, it set out to tap its shareholders for more cash.

Magnis proposed to raise $2.12m through selling options with a 10c exercise price for 1c each. The response was weak — three-quarters of the shareholder base knocked back the offer. Magnis had three months to place all the options under ASX rules, and it took chairman Frank Poullas every single minute of those three months to find those options a home.

"We went across the country, we went to Hong Kong, we went to Singapore, trying to place the shortfall of these options. It literally came down to the last day," Poullas recalls.

........Poullas had relied heavily on a network of family and friends to support Magnis, and as the options placement dragged on he had to spell out just how crucial the additional funding was. "It was a case of going back to those shareholders and saying to them, 'Look, you've put in so much but if we don't get those funds in there's a chance the company doesn't survive, so I really need you guys to dip into your pockets once again'," he says.

..... Poullas is pleased to see Magnis's long-term backers finally enjoying the fruits of their investment. "A lot of them were there from the uranium days, so a lot of them were sitting on some hefty losses," he says. "Personally I think there's a long way to go. There're catalysts going forward that could provide a huge rerating for the company, so the job's not done yet, that's for sure."

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

bereal
post Posted: Nov 2 2015, 08:39 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: bereal's post @ Aug 1 2015, 02:10 PM

Doesn't seem to be much interest in discussion of MNS.

Anyway, I am back in, hoping for a bit of a bounce with recent news re Korean funding sourcing or whatever the agreement was. Bit concerned that it may signal a change of direction away from their current Chinese base, and whether this indicates problems with those off-takes and financing agreements that they already have in place. I am sort of thinking it can go two ways, it's either a huge plus that they may be able to crack the Korean market or it's an absolute disaster if it's being driven by concerns over Chinese agreements (though I note some comforting words in the latest quarterly report).

Anyway, see a broker has come out with a buy recommendation, does this mean I should sell?

bereal
post Posted: Aug 1 2015, 02:10 PM
  Quote Post

Anybody have any thoughts on the technicals of MNS. I am trying to gauge an exit point as want to free up some funds to move into Lithium stocks. Starting to think this whole jumbo flake for battery market is over rated with SYR and perhaps others (TON and KNL are thinking about it I think) going for spherical graphite and not requiring Jumbo flake due to their purity levels. So bit worried that Jumbo flake prices may not hold up as well as I had been hoping. Only problem is I don't want to miss out if MNS current run is likely to be maintained, but also thinking ORE is primed for entry.

Bereal

104 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 101 102 103 104

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING