Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »    

Reply to this topic

Home Brew(sanity juice)
Ooops
post Posted: Mar 1 2007, 08:48 PM
  Quote Post

The Beer verdict is we should have included more glucose!!

Well finally, the beer taste. My son has been up helping with the cattle. We have been culling, yet again because of the drought. We couldn’t think of a better reason to have a drop lol.

My son said he did not read the directions well and may have goofed with the glucose, as any father knows, the son knows best lol, in reading instructions.

Apart from a little lack of fizz, the brew is a clean, crisp and clear product.
We did the shake the bottle thing( which was suggested,after the first taste, which did improve it as far as fizz was concerned.
We did use tank water. The next on will be made with Melb water.( and a little more to activate the yeast)
Not very scientific but a wonderful experience and we can only get better lol.
Not bad for a first one we have decided.
Thanks for everyone’s input.
Cheers,
Ooops

snapper
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 07:13 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Monday 26/02/07 01:10pm

Yes thats the way thw law stands , but just one certain imported brand of essence to flavour vodka is imported by the container load ( of 20mml bottles )
thats just one brand among several
then theres the oak chip men
I know theres not that much vodka sold in australia
kinda puts in to perspective
snapper

BSA
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 01:10 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Antard @ Monday 26/02/07 01:56pm)

Yep one or two after work as opposed to heavy binging(been there done that) is a good/balanced option.

You can buy a little reflux still from any decent homebrew shop although I see it is still illegal to brew your own spirits? It says only for water and essential oils blink.gif

"Although 5 litre distillation units are available and legal for the purpose of water purification and essential oil manufacture, turning your alcobase/turbo yeast fermentations into spirit via distillation is illegal under Australian law” – Australian Customs Notice No. 97/98 (Section 10/11/11a). Please note: Still Spirits provide free, downloadable handbooks and good instructions (in PDF format) on their website. Use this link http://www.stillspirits.com/wawcs016222/6222.html to reach the appropriate area at http://www.stillspirits.com

$429.95

--------------------

Antard
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 12:56 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Monday 26/02/07 12:18pm

I found it interesting. I had no idea how easy it is, in theory.I recognise that I do like to stand up for my right to party which reads I have a problem also, so now limit the occassional drinking to a freezing one or two after a hard day at work. Thats the one I like.

Cheers Antard

BSA
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 12:18 PM
  Quote Post

QUOTE (Antard @ Monday 26/02/07 01:07pm)

Hi Antard,

I did a job for a bloke that had his own still. He sub contracted to a large brewery and had done work for the bosses which they had traded for a large stainless bar, fridges etc(just like in a real pub) He also made his own homebrew beer and had three different kegs on tap plus his home stilled Bourbon set up with a post mixer of coke.
He reckons he and his wife like to entertain a lot, and like to provide the drinks lmaosmiley.gif I reckon they are both raging alcoholics blink.gif

Cheers

--------------------

Antard
post Posted: Feb 26 2007, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: BSA on Saturday 24/02/07 09:16pm

I can see the holy grail is to brew a beer better than anything that can be purchased commercially.

An associated topic.

http://homedistiller.org/static_menu.htm

Gees id'e like messing around with one of those. (Still)

Antard

BSA
post Posted: Feb 24 2007, 09:16 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: mminion on Saturday 24/02/07 01:36pm

Cheers Matt, every homebrewers theme song I would think tongue.gif

This thread has died a bit of late(as has my brewing due to other comittments) but thinking about putting down two brews tonight,.... a couple of little creatures pale ale look/taste alikes, Mmmmm.

Cheers

--------------------

mminion
post Posted: Feb 24 2007, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

It was suggested I post this O to beer here, make sure the sound is on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATBl4qH9I54...related&search=

Cheers
Matt

--------------------
Don't stall a plane

marathon
post Posted: Nov 22 2006, 08:35 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: Ooops on Monday 20/11/06 10:51pm

For the basic basics I would suggest "Brewing Crafts" ("A DIY handbook for spirit,beer & wine makers")by Mike Rodgers-Wilson.Published in August 2004 ,in Australia,it is available at Homebrew shops.RRP is $28.90 but I got my copy for less than that.
Another good site is
http://www.craftbrewer.com.au/

Just go to "Links" in the main menu.

Ooops
post Posted: Nov 22 2006, 07:28 AM
  Quote Post

Thanks for all your comments.

I hadn't given any thought to the fact that we ARE on RAINWATER so I will take into account all of that information too.

I will let you know how we go when it is finally ready to drink.

Cheers Ooops

18 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING