Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

ALL, ARISTOCRAT LEISURE LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 5 2019, 08:20 PM
  Quote Post

Some fundies on Aristocrat
WaveStone nominate gaming machine developer Aristocrat Leisure as their long idea. "If we assume Aristocrat's historic rate of return on its design and development spend at 11 to 12 per cent of sales (circa $500 million in 2018-19), Aristocrat should organically be able to grow its EPS 8 to 10 per cent per annum over the next three to five years. Trading on 15 times P/E we think this too cheap for a global leader."

The WaveStone pair are short select ASX-listed technology names, as "the multiples that some of the technology stocks trade on are too high in Australia and the blue-sky earnings estimates will need to be brought back", they say.

* Tribeca's Jun Bei Liu is also betting on good fortune for Aristocrat Leisure, which is trading at a meaningful discount to the market "despite strong growth projections over the next few years". She is expecting at least a 30 per cent return over 12 months.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 18 2016, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: kennowaylass's post @ Feb 1 2010, 11:31 AM

Aristocrat is a developer, manufacturer and distributor of gaming content/platforms/systems around the world.

from $2.50 to $16 in last five years, and was $10 before May '16 Half yearly

WHY WE LIKE IT (from Wilson Asset - WAM)
•Strong market position: ALL continues to grow its market share in the Australian poker machine industry
•New products such as Lighting Links and Buffalo Grand continue to provide platform for growth in US market in both recurring revenue and outright sales categories
•Digital platform revenue and profit continue to produce exceptional results

....Most clients and institutions have portfolios jammed with large caps delivering them income but what they need, as well, is some growth.

Aristocrat for instance, that's a large cap stock with a 32 per cent compounded growth return forecast over the next three years. Stocks like that are rare. And they are expensive. And they are getting more expensive all the time. But this is one that I believe will keep delivering.

So investors are paying up for growth. But that's not unusual, is it?

No it's not but it can become a problem when that trade gets crowded and that wonderful double-digit growth starts to decline.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

kennowaylass
post Posted: Feb 1 2010, 11:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 749dark's post @ Nov 23 2009, 07:10 PM

Can't understand why this went up today, the have a lawsuit hanging over their head and it's a complete unknown until it goes to court what the damages amount will be it they lose. The following from this mornings announcement.

"The Company also confirms it will recognise an abnormal provision of $187.3 million (after
tax) in its 2009 financial accounts relating to the expected damages liability2 associated with
the U.S. Convertible Bonds matter. This figure includes interest calculated to 30 April 2010.
The decision to recognise an abnormal provision does not in any way pre suppose the US
District Court's final pending judgement on damages or any Company decision to appeal
some or all aspects of the case. The Company and the Bondholders have made final
submissions to the District Court and now await the Court’s final judgement in the case."

749dark
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 07:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Gum Nut's post @ Nov 23 2009, 06:51 PM

It's a shame as they have a very strong market position. Hopefully their current CEO can turn things around.

Gum Nut
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 06:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 749dark's post @ Nov 23 2009, 04:02 PM

749dark,

For past several years, ALL has suffered from bad management + poor decisions.

ALL is losing business, getting sued, cutting its creative staff and failing to keep abreast of technology.

I think this dog has more downside than upside for the foreseeable future.

Some of the smaller independent game developers are a more attractive punt.

Looking elsewhere,

GN

kennowaylass
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 05:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: 749dark's post @ Nov 23 2009, 04:02 PM

Look at their announcements, they are being sued for big bikkies

749dark
post Posted: Nov 23 2009, 04:02 PM
  Quote Post

Does anyone know why this stock has been hammered of late?

sabretoothed
post Posted: Apr 23 2009, 06:07 PM
  Quote Post

Looks like at a turning point now, recover or test the longer term $1 support area...
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I confirm that am not a licensed investment adviser , or have any formal training, to give investment advice. Therefore you must seek professional advice. I may hold this stock. Jesse Livermore is my Hero. Australia is the next Iceland!

sinjen
post Posted: Dec 2 2008, 05:42 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: as505 on Monday 01/12/08 08:47pm

Yeah,its interesting how different cultures (although the USA and Aust really are similar in may respects) think and act in different ways.
Maybe the American pokie player considers there is more of a chance winning with reels rather than electronics!!!!! Dont know.
Sinjen

as505
post Posted: Dec 1 2008, 08:47 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: sinjen on Monday 01/12/08 06:41pm

I agree Sinjen. I was merely surprised at the country difference...

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING