Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

TAH, TABCORP HOLDINGS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 10 2019, 05:34 PM
  Quote Post

What would be the odds of that?!?!
In April, Powerball which is operated by gaming giant Tabcorp, altered its game to draw seven winning numbers from 35 balls, significantly worsening the odds of winning to 134 million to one.

Powerball had previously drawn six winning numbers from 40 balls, which meant the winning odds were 77 million to one.

The size of Powerball’s average prize pool significantly outstrips that of Oz Lotto, which had an average prize pool of $33m for fiscal year 2019 to date, up slightly the $28m average pool last financial year.

Overall, the size of lottery prize pools in Australia have increased by 23 per cent year to date, Macquarie analysts said. “Lotteries has had its best run in jackpot activity within our data set dating back to 2000,” the analysts said. Macquarie said move is likely to result in an 18 per cent lift in full-year lotteries revenue for Tabcorp, which operates Powerball, Oz Lotto and Lucky Lotteries.

Macquarie analysts maintained their outperform recommendation on the stock, given the company’s improving operational outlook, the defensive earnings profile of lotteries and long-term exclusive licences which cover more than 90 per cent of its earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation. “We continue to see Tabcorp as an attractive investment opportunity,” the analysts said.

This week's Powerball Thursday lottery jackpot is $80mill.

"A lottery ticket is a tax for not paying attention during maths at school"

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Aug 6 2017, 03:13 PM
  Quote Post

[Of the 109 breaches] one of the most scurrilous [that] Austrac pointed to in its statement of claim against Tabcorp was failure to notify a dubious $100,000 payout.

The more "colourful" client base of CBA's Intelligent Deposit Machines seemed to dealing in vast multiples of that and probably could provide several series - not just episodes - of a true life crime TV pot-boiler.

Tabcorp bargained its fine down to $45 million — a 98 per cent discount — although it booked in the cost at $62 million in its 2017 results.

Lawyers, it seems, do not to hand out the same bulk discounts on offer from Austrac and the Federal Court.
ABC

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Aug 11 2016, 09:52 AM
  Quote Post

Baird’s greyhound ban legislation passes
MIKE Baird isn't backing down over his ban on greyhound racing. Anyone who breeds or keeps a dog to race will face up to six months in jail under his legislation to kill the industry.
=================================
might be a short on this??

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

mistagear
post Posted: Feb 12 2013, 11:29 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 12 2013, 11:10 AM

Even when you are "Investor chArty" you cant do it without a chart graduated.gif

--------------------
------------------------
[url="http://xgamesbowling.com"]X Games Bowling[/url]
Bear Cottage is the first children's hospice in NSW.

It is a place where children with terminal illnesses and their families can stay from time to time and receive rest and medical care in a home-like environment.

Please support >>> Bear Cottage for Kids,
An initiative of the Children's Hospital at Westmead NSW
http://www.bearcottage.chw.edu.au/

www.xgamesbowling.com

arty
post Posted: Feb 12 2013, 11:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Feb 11 2013, 08:37 AM

11c FF comes to grossed-up 15.7c

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

arty
post Posted: Feb 11 2013, 08:37 AM
  Quote Post

no gamblers around?
TAH is about to go ex-div tomorrow. 11c FF would explain the sudden burst; even at current trading levels, it's among the highest-yielding stocks, likely to attract some strippers. (I'm not going to hold past today, only to see it drop back tomorrow.)
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

wantmore
post Posted: Apr 20 2012, 09:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Petert20's post @ Apr 20 2012, 07:36 PM

Thanks for the reply Petert20.
I was thinking that the interim div having fallen from 30 cents to 13 over the last couple of years, that the worst was over after the company split, but that puts the whole thing in a different light.
Thanks again for the info.
Wantmore

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Petert20  

Petert20
post Posted: Apr 20 2012, 07:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: wantmore's post @ Apr 20 2012, 08:52 AM

wantmore

Tthe problem with Tabcorp is that will be halving the dividend. This should give a yield of around 6.5 %.

wantmore
post Posted: Apr 20 2012, 08:52 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Petert20's post @ Aug 19 2011, 06:42 PM

Hi folks, I'm normally a reader rather than a poster, but just wondered what the thoughts were on Tabcorp these's days.
Dividend looks awfully tempting to me, or is that just greed. I have had a small holding in them for years and am just thinking about getting some more, but as they say if something looks too good to be true etc etc.
Wantmore.

Petert20
post Posted: Aug 19 2011, 06:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Duster's post @ Aug 19 2011, 11:58 AM

Duster, I agree that at 2.91 Tah is good value, even though they did go ex dividend today. (19cent dividend). Tts is also good value at todays price ($2.22) and they are still cum dividend. wink.gif
Cheers, Tortoise.

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING