Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

MP1, MEGAPORT LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jan 9 2019, 09:20 AM
  Quote Post

Good growth numbers coming from N American operations .... lifting the SP today.

Quarterly will be released 17 Jan

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Jul 20 2018, 06:17 PM
  Quote Post

An article on Bevan Slattery, serial entrepreneur and now focusing on MP1 and SLC.

https://www.afr.com/business/telecommunicat...20180613-h11cb9

( will extract some pertinent bits and paste, later on)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Mar 20 2018, 09:15 AM
  Quote Post

T Halt... raising $60mill including a SPP

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 2 2018, 09:31 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport has woken from a slumber; not sure why but enjoying the lift
and now $4 (doubled in under six months)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Nov 27 2017, 10:35 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport has woken from a slumber; not sure why but enjoying the lift, for what is a competitive bread-and-butter biz in a growth sector.

There's been some bidding tension for another data centre provider, and the whole sector is widely dispersed with no real dominant player;a bunch of international outfits are looking to acquire locals. Price is always the issue.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2017, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

When Megaport MP1 reported in August, the market was underwhelmed, and it was sold off quickly to sub-$2.

SP bounced along at those lows for a while, but has been on a run in the last week, up more than 20% to above $2.50. There haven't been any announcements, nor Change in Significant Shareholder notices.

There is some action elsewhere in data centres, with Next DC fending off a property group, and recently the privately held Metronode putting up its 10 centres for sale.

The attention may have something to do with a recognition of continued and likely accelerating growth in data and the way it's stored
Interested parties have been presented with a plethora of facts around data centres in the Asia Pacific including growth in outsourcing of data centres - from 12 per cent in 2013 to 39 per cent in 2018 - and 27 per cent growth in data centre workloads from 2015 to 2020

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2017, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

Data centres account for 3% of the world’s electricity supply and about 2% of greenhouse gas emissions

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.nextbig...-computing.html

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jul 28 2017, 04:51 PM
  Quote Post

Data centres account for 3% of the world’s electricity supply and about 2% of greenhouse gas emissions

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 28 2017, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

Megaport MP1 - Software Defined Network (SDN) connecting data centres to cloud, and cloud to enterprise

- There are over 4000 commercial enterprise data centres; MP1 has 165 of these
- currently enables 49 Data Centre Providers
- will expand to an additional 60+ locations in next 12 months, deepening our first mover advantage
- is broadening its share register with international investors reflecting its global business
- 214% growth YTD for cloud service connections
- Top 5 Global Cloud Service Providers rely on Megaport (AWS, Oracle, Azure, Google, Alibaba)

$27.8 million equity raising via the issue of approximately 13.235 million shares ($2.10 per share):
● A cornerstone placement to certain strategic investors (including Digital Realty who will take a 4.9% interest* in MP1) to raise $11.4
million has been completed (Strategic Placement)
● A fully underwritten institutional placement to raise a further $16.4 million (Institutional Placement)

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Apr 13 2017, 12:05 PM
  Quote Post

despite directors buying recently (& Slattery has $2mill to play with after SubPartners sale) MP1 keeps being sold off

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING