Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AKP, AUDIO PIXELS HOLDINGS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Dec 24 2018, 03:50 PM
  Quote Post

AKP up 20%. ... claims that they have solved it. !! .... and may have a product

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 5 2018, 09:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 17 2018, 05:38 PM

Noticed Joe Aston's article - Audio Pixels: 12 years later, still nothing to sell
extract
A dozen years in, without making or selling a single thing (absurdly, its market capitalisation briefly topped $900 million in 2016), Audio Pixel shares finished the Independence Day session down 16.9 per cent, its market cap now, even still, a surely ambitious $385.1 million.

https://www.afr.com/brand/rear-window/audio...20180704-h128qu

Has roughly 4 mil in kitty as of last Quarterly - thanks to draw down of $3.0 mil of the convertible notes facility - see below - cash outflows estimated $1.4 mil, zero income but had a $900 mil MC ??? Must be a heck of a lot of "potential" built into the SP. Disclosure - I don't know anything about the company, other than looking at their 4C and reading AFR's article - their "world-changing chip" may well be the holy grail of chips, biggrin.gif

On 5 January 2018, the Company announced that it had raised $4,500,000 from an issue of
convertible notes, earning interest at 8% per annum with an exercise price of $16.71 expiring on or
before 31 December 2018
pursuant to agreements dated 29 December 2017. As at 31 December
only $1,500,000 of the $4,500,000 had been received in the bank account and the remaining
amount of $3,000,000 was received on 4 January 2018. 4F Investments Pty Limited, a company
controlled by the Chairman, Mr Fred Bart has agreed to take up an additional $500,000 of these
convertible notes subject to approval by shareholders at the next Annual General Meeting to be
held prior on 7 May 2018.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: May 17 2018, 05:38 PM
  Quote Post

Something's driving AKP, from $16 when it updated the market early in the month, to $24 today.

Management looking to report on quality issues by "3rd week of May" might have something to do with it.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 05:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: arty's post @ Sep 29 2017, 04:48 PM

Actually, so do I, arty. Quality control, on an individual level. Hmmm

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 04:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 29 2017, 12:51 PM

I read it somewhat differently:
In earlier "updates", they had promised better wafers by September. Now it turns out, bulk delivery is yet again delayed till after the Jewish Holiday, whichever that is. Suggests to me, they won't be able to start a new integration batch till late October, if that. And what they describe as "different versions" that allow them to pick the best-suited ones, may well be marketing-speak for inconsistent quality across batches.
For holders' sake, I hope I'm wrong. But I'm no longer a holder myself. Just a realist who has seen most of :it" before.

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

nipper
post Posted: Sep 29 2017, 12:51 PM
  Quote Post

"Tangible Progress" attained - SP up!

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 1 2017, 03:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Sep 1 2017, 03:42 PM

Don't hold either and haven't followed, so don't know the background - just saw the article. Always good to read all opinions. IMHO.

Sometimes it makes people look a little closer if they are holding.

Not a lot of shorting activity on AKP - just had a look to see if someone was trying to talk it down

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=akp.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Sep 1 2017, 03:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 1 2017, 02:43 PM

Shares aren't "worth $18.40"; they're trading at that price because there are not that many on offer. Market Cap would be more informative.

Emotional language usually has an agenda; as such it can usually be dismissed. (IMO)

Don't hold, follow as a friend bought.
Risk = reward; or, at the very least, Risk and Reward are intertwined.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 1 2017, 02:43 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Aug 30 2017, 03:23 PM

Interesting read - This $500 million dollar ASX-listed company has no product

Audio Pixels Holdings is worth almost $500 million, but has no product or delivery date.

For the past 11 years or so, Audio Pixels (ASX:AKP) has been developing a chip for a new kind of digital speaker that can deliver boom-box sound in a mobile phone.

An initial ‘wafer’ — a silicon chip which uses MEMS (micro-electro-mechanical systems) technology — has been plagued by production delays over the last year. A May deadline blew out to an August deadline which became no deadline.

To top it off, Audio Pixel’s half-year accounts this week showed it had $3.4 million in cash after spending $1.4 million and booking just $43,000 in revenue from unnamed sources.

Yet its shares are worth $18.40.

The leader of the expedition, Fred Bart, is a man for which the term “colourful business history” was coined.

The former professional poker player has been involved with at least six corporate collapses and has fingers in three pies right now: an Israeli cancer R&D company, a tech company that deals with space trash, and Audio Pixels, of which his wife Cheryl Bart is a director.

Mr Bart told Stockhead he has interests in more than 30 others.

Stockhead could find no analysts who had covered the company, or were willing to speak about it, but Mr Bart is a persuasive man.

Following very positive media coverage in 2014 and 2016, where the words “revolutionary” and “world’s first” were mentioned, the share price spiked to $14.10 — then $32.89.

The latter price fell away rapidly after the 2016 July quarterly report, which noted cash holdings of $7.5 million but zero revenue.

Mr Bart says getting the manufacturing process right is holding things up.

Two manufacturers found problems in the process, which led to less than perfect wafers, in December and again in July this year. After the last delay, Mr Bart declined to forecast further production deadlines.

“We’re having to iron out certain manufacturing problems along the way,” Mr Bart said. “We don’t anticipate any other hiccups, but why put your head in a noose if you don’t have to.”

The drawn-out timeline to production, Mr Bart says, is because making a MEMS device takes 10 years and Audio Pixels is paying via capital raisings, tapping the market twice via equity placements and once via a convertible note.

They’ve raised $16.4 million since 2012.

When it’s done the MEMS speaker could be a world-changer, as companies jump on board the biggest audio speaker innovation since its invention in the late 1800s.

The technology will produce directional sound — meaning you won’t need headphones when you listen to music on your phone.

Mr Bart notes that audiophiles will pay a lot of money for good quality sound. Branded earbuds can move for hundreds of dollars.

“Significantly more non-disclosures” have been signed since 2016, when the company said it had totted up 50.

But they’re not the only game in town. Usound and STElectronics in the US are doing the same thing.

“If we are successful — and I think we will be — in manufacturing it, the company will be worth a lot of money.”

But without a production deadline and as development of the company’s one product heads into a twelfth year, shareholders may become wary of promises that don’t include the calming sound of revenue flowing into aural orifices.

https://stockhead.com.au/tech/this-500-mill...has-no-product/

5yr chart
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Aug 30 2017, 03:23 PM
  Quote Post

AKP's primary efforts remained focused on commercializing its groundbreaking MEMS based digital sound wave transducer platform into an industry compliant microchip that will propel audio loudspeakers, systems and ultrasonic sensors from its century old analog origins into the advanced digital era of today.

Managing the scope, complexity and magnitude of such an undertaking necessitates careful planning. The Company sought to mitigate the technological and fabrication risks by establishing a four-phase program whereby each phase was independently planned (funded) and executed to address specific functional and fabrication challenges. Each phase was designed to resolve particular challenges while collectively contributing to an end result of a mass-manufacturable commercially viable product.

The Company is currently in the latter stages of the fourth and final phase of this program. Throughout this fourth phase management has dedicated enormous efforts and resources toward achieving a reliable and repeatable mass manufacturing process that will meet the uncompromising demands of the consumer electronics, computing, communications, automotive, healthcare, security industries.

A particular focus of the Company during this reporting period has been on the refinement and optimization of the MEMS fabrication process (fabrication of the MEMS transducer responsible for generating the sound waves).

Exhaustive testing and analysis conducted on wafers produced during the earlier stages of fourth phase of the development program exposed an important need to further refine the electro-mechanical "points of contact" that among other purposes serves to suppress contact effects that could play a critical role in the sound quality and reliability of the device.

- would a low of $14.60 (on 25/08) be to your liking? (now back to $18.50)
consumers and industry alike are craving for solutions that improve their sound experience. Most noticeably perhaps is the acceleration in investment and adoption of higher resolution audio formats, platforms and offerings.

Renowned device manufacturers including Sony, Samsung, LG and HTC to name but a few have added high-resolution audio (HRA) capabilities to their devices. All three major Music labels (Universal Music Group, Sony Music and the Warner Music Group), the Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA) and the Digital Entertainment Group (DEG), announced their support for studio-quality hi-res audio music streaming. This prompted the major music providers such as Pandora, Rhapsody/Napster and HD Tracks to launch high-resolution music streaming services, with Spotify rumoured to be not far behind (Apple’s commitment to High Resolution remains unclear).

Of course the catch behind all this activity is that ultimately one needs hardware that is capable of reproducing the detail that is contained in the high resolution audio files. With no known direct competitive threat on the horizon Audio Pixels appears to have endless opportunities to fulfill this market demand.

--------------------

6 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING