Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > »    

Reply to this topic

MXG, MULTIPLEX GROUP
dawno
post Posted: Jan 3 2006, 08:03 PM
  Quote Post

MXG is a typical stock that I like to look at. A quality stock in the doldrums for well documented reasons. This will all turn out most likely to be an aberation following MXG to completing the Wemberly + 2 other 'over the budget' projects losing money. 2006 will bring an end to that. I would believe that whatever reasons created these things in the first place has since been rectified in their tender model & has been more than a wake up call.
The history of this company well before its listing has been one of outstanding success over many years so that gives it a forgiveness factor.
Definately a blue chip recovery story and a water shed at current prices and will be a long term opportunity making it very cheap on todays valuations with divi for comfort while waiting.
Has it bottomed, possibly. an investment approach could be to buy some now using a 3 split time method as new chart highs are confirmed or alternately if more damage comes average back. This is probably how I will approach it.

--------------------
THE COST OF MY COMMENTS IS NOTHING - SOME WOULD SAY THAT'S ABOUT ALL ITS WORTH - THEY MIGHT BE RIGHT.

Long Term Contrarian Value Investing: The herd hate me & I hate the herd - but that's the way I like it because I then know I must be on the right track.

wolverine
post Posted: Dec 19 2005, 09:43 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: JCFC on Monday 19/12/05 04:38pm

easy in hindsight eh jcfc.

2.33 was near to the bottom when i mentioned it. if only harry hindsight was our broker....

--------------------
TOO MANY CHIEFS

NOT ENOUGH INDIANS

JCFC
post Posted: Dec 19 2005, 03:38 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: wolverine on Tuesday 31/05/05 10:07am

well if u bought MXG at 2.33 u would have made quite a bit

early birds
post Posted: Dec 19 2005, 02:36 PM
  Quote Post

There must be a big ghost at Wenbley unsure.gif

fastenyourseatbe...
post Posted: Aug 18 2005, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

Interesting day today which way will it go?

--------------------

pkay
post Posted: Aug 9 2005, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: greenleaf on Monday 01/08/05 11:18am

It was just a matter of time before the bargain humters moved in.

This is what Michael Heffernan from FW Holst had to say in the AFR dated 3AUG, p25:
Multiplex is one of those that has turned the corner.  The stock is underpinned by continued strong economic growth in Britain and it looks like it has turned around so I would quite readily consider  buying that one.

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

greenleaf
post Posted: Aug 1 2005, 11:18 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: pkay on Friday 08/07/05 10:34am

Multiplex rising nicely over the past week - strong support today. No public news - just getting over its "cold". biggrin.gif

pkay
post Posted: Jul 8 2005, 10:34 AM
  Quote Post

In reply to: pkay on Thursday 07/07/05 11:26am

Games boost for UK builders
By Philip Aldrick
July 8, 2005

Techno
post Posted: Jul 7 2005, 07:52 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: datum on Thursday 07/07/05 06:54pm

Yes. Also, it was a fixed price contract in a world of rising costs.

Now, if the total costs for the completion of the contract has gone up by say, 20% ???

datum
post Posted: Jul 7 2005, 06:54 PM
  Quote Post

Below is a partial re-print of Techno"s article

Techno Posted on Thursday 07/07/05 10:52am

Multiplex clearly got the contract on price, as British contractors shied away from the irksome project and none believed it could be delivered for less than £650 million. Multiplex (who coincidentally at the time had offices at Stamford Bridge, the home of Mr Bates’s Chelsea, where they were building a new stand), said that they could build the new Wembley for just £500 million. There were gasps of disbelief from their rivals.

Whats scary about this, if true is the 150 million pounds sterling short fall,
which translates into about AU $380 million dollar loss.
MXG have fessed up to a AU $50 million loss so far , it can only get worse from
here if correct

--------------------
This is not a bottom draw stock. This is a stock you take to the grave with you.

10 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING