Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

101 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > »    

Reply to this topic

How Can We Make ShareScene Better For You?
nipper
post Posted: Mar 30 2016, 12:54 PM
  Quote Post

I notice a few people are commenting : Say Thanks button doesn't work for me either.

I find it doesn't work on my laptop at home (where I joined originally), but functions on mobile phone and computer at work. (not that I would ever access it during work hours)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  

nasser
post Posted: Jun 6 2015, 08:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mpl's post @ Jun 1 2015, 06:46 PM

Thought the title of this thread is - How Can We Make ShareScene Better For You?

What has the so called "Railroaded by One Directional Traders/Investors" to do with this topic.

Who is railroading whom here?

Trouble with this forum is the moderator imo

mpl
post Posted: Jun 1 2015, 06:46 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Jun 1 2015, 05:22 PM

Hi Ya Flower

What should excite people that if the market is indeed at "that critical point" (with which I agree) then what we should be discussing in the broadest of terms, and without rancour, what sectors might be the winners from any given scenario, but that's where any website runs into trouble as gazing into the future is fraught with problems since the outcomes are of necessity only personal opinions

To add to your coment. Heaven help anyone that suggest's being successful in any Market condition Can, Is and Has been acheived.
The real problem with Forums is the fact that they get Railroaded by One Directional Traders/Investors.
I personaly would have no problem with a GFC2 event. But to do so One has to adabt to the market envioment. If one is One directional then that is fine.Take stops and sit it out BUT do not whine about it !.
However there are numerous alternate opportunities. CFD's Long and Short Trades Intra day or Short term.
Or just Mabye learn and do what I did. Trade the ES, NQ & YM. The more volitile the better.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: arty  mistagear  

flower
post Posted: Jun 1 2015, 05:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mistagear's post @ May 30 2015, 08:08 AM

Sharescene has almost reached the, lack of critical mass point, where the number of posts has dropped to a level where it is no longer worth visiting.I now go days and days between visits and when I do visit there is little of interest. Wonder if it is less people trading or perhaps everyone has gone to HC ?Whatever the cause, SS owners need to do something quickly or else their forum risks disappearing totally IMO
Maybe it can become the CUV only forum

Mista---could the lack of posting be due to nothing more than a lack of interest in the market itself?

Of course should you be a short term trader or even better an intraday day trader there will always be something for you to trade, but if you fit in to the "average" trader/investor surely staying away from this market is the better course?

If you take this standpoint there is not a lot of point posting about something that is going nowhere direction wise.

If you don't trade because you don't like the feel of the market, then discussing whether you are going accept 1.5% or 2.5% on deposit isn't going to excite anybody.

What should excite people that if the market is indeed at "that critical point" (with which I agree) then what we should be discussing in the broadest of terms, and without rancour, what sectors might be the winners from any given scenario, but that's where any website runs into trouble as gazing into the future is fraught with problems since the outcomes are of necessity only personal opinions.

FWIW I think the next few weeks, ie the NH holiday period, let's say from now till September we will all likely be in a directional quandary, there will always be winners the art will be picking those winning sectors in your chosen outcome scenario and then researching your chosen stocks in that chosen scenario, all very well saying wait till it happens, but personally prefer to have some sort of future game plan in mind, since IMO we are exactly at that "critical thought" point.

ie: could change tack from punting resources into trying to find medium paying dividend stocks with potential capital upside rather than stuffing capital--- just for the dividends-- into the big four banks which seem very overvalued SP wise.

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

frodo
post Posted: Jun 1 2015, 10:53 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ May 31 2015, 07:38 PM

Triage I think Robert Shiller is saying exactly what we all think "he hasnt got a clue" . Everyone has the jitters. NOt if you are on CUV of course biggrin.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

triage
post Posted: May 31 2015, 07:38 PM
  Quote Post

mista

I suspect that the markets and the major economies may well be at the turning of the tide and in light of that most of us are unsure of what to expect, or at least when to expect "it". Care of zerohedge here are some comments from Robert Shiller, one of the better, more grounded observers imo.

I define a bubble as a social epidemic that involves extravagant expectations for the future. Today, there is certainly a social and psychological phenomenon of people observing past price increases and thinking that they might keep going. So there is a bubble element to what we see. But I'm not sure that the current situation is a classic bubble because I'm not certain that most people have extravagant expectations. In fact, the current environment may be driven more by fear than by a sense of a new era. I detect a tinge of anxiety and insecurity now that is a factor in markets, which is quite different from other market booms historically.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-05-29/r...sing-overvalued

I tend to think that things cannot remain in the doldrums for too long, that numerous matters will be resolved sooner or later, and once new trends and realities start to become clearer people will once again start having enough confidence in the narratives they build around those trends to post more often on places like ss.

As an aside, I know ss has become becalmed but whilst the quantity of posts seems to be holding up on hc the overall quality of what gets posted there has deteriorated imo.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

deadone
post Posted: May 31 2015, 04:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: deadone's post @ May 31 2015, 04:25 PM

market

deadone
post Posted: May 31 2015, 04:25 PM
  Quote Post

like chance gardener says in the DVD being there i like to watch, while there are few posters on share scene there are heaps of people who are content to stay in the background and pick up the occasional bit of information that helps us win in the game that is called the stock markey.

Carsha
post Posted: May 30 2015, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: frodo's post @ May 30 2015, 12:25 PM

Frodo

I have always been willing to learn new ways to improve making money on the markets.
At times I have sent PMs to a few on here offering help whether it has been information I have at hand or just something I feel could be of benefit.
I am here to learn new ways to trade and invest in the markets. I am not here for camp fire stories which are of no use what so ever. You cannot make money from stupid theories and those writing them even if ever right do not have the abilities to do so anyway.
I posted a few ways to implement simple ways of trading which are easy to follow no one was interested.
So why bother?

It is better on forex factory and even topstocks.
Plenty of choices out there no need to put up the rubbish on here.

Like a few before me no more do I care.

See you all elsewhere

frodo
post Posted: May 30 2015, 12:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Carsha's post @ May 30 2015, 09:11 AM

Carsha and Mista its not hc I think the market is so dodgy here at present I know Im pretty chicken so much so Ive only got TLS and a few FMG. I should have shorted a couple of years ago so easy to pick when something overseas drops overnight but hey I didn't.

Re SS I see same old posts really CUV must be a gold mine as its always on and yet the volume is so low so doesnt interest me.

Perhaps we are all to blame just being lazy I think I know nobody seems interested in what I post anyway I usually answer myself.

But I do like SS there are times when there is some useful info when our good posters get back on like you two and a few others.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mistagear  

101 Pages (Click to Jump) V  < 1 2 3 4 5 6 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING