Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

122 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

Gold, Gold Companies worth buying
Nopoo
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 10:50 PM
  Quote Post

Former Senior Vice President of Ivanhoe Mining Joins Guyana Goldstrike

Guyana Goldstrike Inc. announced that Mr. Edward Rochette has joined their Board of Directors.

Mr. Rochette is best known in the mining industry in his role of Senior Vice President of Ivanhoe Mining ltd. where he spent 25 years negotiating and acquiring various projects in over 35 countries.

Mr. Rochette presently consults for Mr. Robert Friedland, founder and Executive Co-Chairman of Ivanhoe Mines Ltd., conducting mineral acquisitions in Utah, Nevada, Arizona and China.

He is a Mining Executive, Land Manager, a member of the Oregon State Bar Association and former CEO of East Asia Minerals.

Over the course of his tenure he has worked in over 50 countries and is responsible for the acquisition of world class mining properties, including Monywa copper mine in Myanmar, Bong Mieu gold mine in Vietnam, Bakyrchik gold mine in Kazakhstan, Oyu Tolgoi copper mine in Mongolia and the Miwah gold project in Indonesia.

At Nerco Minerals, Mr. Rochette was responsible for 14 western territories and left his legacy in the form of consolidating and reopening the Cripple Creek mining district, currently owned by Newmont Mining and home to a 13-million-ounce gold reserve.

Assays yield 47.6 g/t Au over 3 m within 9 m of 21.2 g/t Au at Marudi

The company reported that three chip-channel samples were collected from fracturing in oxidized quartzite-metachert (host rock) at the Marudi gold project.

Assays returned values as high as 47.6 g/t Au across 3 metres within 9 meters of 21.2 g/t Au.

The samples were taken as part of the company’s objective to expand the known mineralized areas and add to the current existing mineral resources.

Mr. Locke Goldsmith, M.Sc., P. Eng, P. Geo, VP Exploration,

“These chip-channel samples are important as they increase knowledge about structural controls of high-grade gold mineralization within the host strata. A better understanding of controls will enable us to more effectively target our drilling on areas with high-grade gold potential.”

www.guyanagoldstrike.com

--------------------
Nopoo

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 07:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 29 2019, 10:43 AM

Gold's most sought-after piece of land up for grabs - map showing location
https://www.afr.com/companies/mining/gold-f...20191028-p5352q

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 07:13 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 29 2019, 06:48 PM

the yield curve has reverted (to normal-ish). 10's are above the 2's.
the local QE talk is just that. A shot or 2 across the bows.

Sure growth is sluggish, but there's a pullback from continuing non-conventional measures. and, sure, abnormal interest rate returns are helping riskier behaviour but that's the New normal. And/but Where is $inflation?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 06:48 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: jacsar's post @ Oct 29 2019, 05:17 PM

yes ... though, just because
... we have a triumvirate of asset bubbles (stocks, real estate and bonds) that exist globally....
...there is no causal link that the asset class that dares not say its name will be the beneficiary.

Gold is Insurance.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

jacsar
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 05:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 29 2019, 03:27 PM

Another view.... https://www.kitco.com/commentaries/2019-10-...rket-crash.html

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Oct 29 2019, 03:27 PM

in the instance of actual systemic failure the correct question is :

got a bag of salt .....several bags of salt ?
lol
if you have gold the only person buying from you is someone with a bag of.....lemme guess......gold ?
here i'll give you a bar of gold for one of your bars of gold, what for, what are we gunna do with it? .....ask the guy with the salt, he's in most demand
rolleyes.gif

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 03:27 PM
  Quote Post

From Chuck Butlers GCRU

I haven't touched on the massive amounts of derivatives in the markets these days in a while, and then I saw this from Ainslie Bullion… “the idea that derivatives are not a source of systemic risk because the open (netted) position may seem small is one of the great misconceptions about derivatives. Derivatives fund nothing, but serve to shift exposures from one party to another and work through margins (collateral), yet they carry all the bankruptcy characteristics of debt for the out-of-the-money party. A sudden move on volatility can shift the Gross Market Value quickly, and netting provides no protection for this. Netting is about settlement amounts using prices at the point of close out. Netting does not protect any financial firm from market risk.”

In 2008, we were within an eyelash of a catastrophic moment in derivatives… Did we learn anything then? No… The number of derivatives in the markets place today far exceeds where we were in 2008… I just don’t know how to explain this any further to you folks, other than to say that The debt has grown by so much that it seems impossible for it not to eventually trigger the kind of uncontrolled or ‘disorderly’ market event that sees the derivative ‘worst case’ issue playing out. And once again I ask… Got Gold?

Agh History, its just that , History. Of course it has no bearing on today. Today is differrent this time.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: joules mm1  nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 10:43 AM
  Quote Post

Canadian based Kirkland Lake now trades on the Australian Securities Exchange via Chess depositary interests (CDIs). The value of Kirkland Lake's Australian securities has more than tripled in the past two years, outperforming the company's Toronto-listed securities.

The arbitrage between Kirkland Lake's Australian and Canadian securities appears to have been noticed by some investors, with its Australian CDI's becoming the most shorted stock on the ASX on October 22.

As recently as September 30, none of Kirkland Lake's local securities were sold short. But by October 22, more than 18 per cent of local shares effectively were betting on a fall in the value of Kirkland Lake's Australian securities.

..... the Fosterville deep gold mine outside Bendigo has been a game changer. Adjoining tenements are now up for sale.
... The exploration tenement previously known as EL3539 was taken out of Kirkland Lake's hands in February as part of a deal that absorbed portions of the tenement into the Fosterville mining lease. But the acreage is back on the market with a new name ; the tenement will be called Block 4 and will cover more land.

Given Kirkland Lake's extraordinary exploration success at Fosterville, Block 4 is expected to be the most hotly contested of four tenements put up for tender by the Victorian government this week.

Extremely high-grade gold discoveries deep underground in 2015 turned Fosterville, near Bendigo, into Australia's most lucrative pure-play gold mine, with rivals such as Newcrest's Cadia mine being more lucrative only because of their copper byproducts.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 17 2019, 06:51 PM
  Quote Post

Investors should be cautious on gold
Sarah Turner

"Investors should be very cautious about investing in gold, says Simon Mawhinney , chief investment officer at Allan Gray.

Most of them are crappy companies with short reserve lives,” he said at the Morningstar conference today.

There are risks with all resource companies but more so with gold.

The fund manager said that the time to invest in gold was 2013 to 2014 but noted that “gold is a hot commodity now and has its own momentum.”

There’s a fair degree of hype and the risks to investing in gold are very elevated. I would be very cautious.

https://www.afr.com/markets/equity-markets/...20191017-p531hg

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 10 2019, 04:46 PM
  Quote Post

by breaking the overhead down-channel roof pricing would signal bids have won
by passing thru midline confidence of price moving to the lower channel line raises the sellside liquidity
both metals have symmetric channels typical of trend but the whipsaws will disguise the structure, nice volatility!!

arrows=STO
Attached Image

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

122 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING