Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

90 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CSL, CSL LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Nov 11 2019, 04:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 11 2019, 04:10 PM

$122bn market cap. Ever wondered why they don't list in the US?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

nipper
post Posted: Nov 11 2019, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

Closed at day's high, above $270. Out of the blocks at a canter and barely looked back all day.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 5 2019, 07:43 AM
  Quote Post

CSL's strategy of building out its plasma collection centres even when there was a period of oversupply was paying off.

"Many of CSL's largest competitors have experienced constraint in terms of supply into this space and CSL is well-placed to grow share," [an analyst] said. "Five, six, seven years ago, people said immunoglobulin would slow down and return to a normalised period. While there was a period of oversupply, CSL stuck to its strategy of rolling out collection centres in the US, investing for growth and securing the volume for themselves.

"When competitors were holding back because they lacked vision for five years down the track, CSL invested … and now we see year after year of demand outstripping supply and the other competitors just don't have enough capacity to keep up with the accelerated demand."

Immunoglobulin therapies are used to treat conditions such as Kawasaki disease, Guillain-Barre syndrome, lupus, chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy and immune deficiencies. The diseases range from chronic to life-threatening conditions.

A Credit Suisse note on CSL revealed the growth in demand for immunoglobulin in the three biggest global markets of the US, Australia and Canada was tracking at 9-12 per cent, above the historical norm of 6-8 per cent, due to increased awareness of the diseases it's used to treat, ageing patients and increased dosages. To meet the growing demand, an additional 80-90 plasma collection centres would need to be opened each year between now and 2025.

In July, major US hospital Massachusetts General activated its Incident Command System, usually used for major disasters such as terrorist attacks, to address the immunoglobulin shortage. In a statement about the shortage, the hospital said it had been forced to cancel some patient appointments due to the lack of immunoglobulin and that the shortage could persist into 2020....

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 12:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 16 2019, 08:04 PM

Updated chart - nudging $260. Currently $258.66
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 08:04 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: plastic's post @ Oct 16 2019, 07:59 PM

A couple of minor "speed bumps" along the way but nothing major biggrin.gif

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

plastic
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 07:59 PM
  Quote Post

Does this thing ever stop to catch its breath?

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 07:57 PM
  Quote Post

'One million pages stolen': Aussie giant accuses former exec of espionage

Australian blood giant CSL has been rocked by an alleged corporate espionage attack, with a former "high level" employee accused of stealing tens of thousands of its documents - including trade secrets - in order to land a job at a key competitor.

CSL's main operating subsidiary, CSL Behring, has launched court action in America alleging its competitor, Dutch pharmaceuticals group Pharming, and former CSL senior medical officer Joe Chiao misappropriated CSL's trade secrets when they took 25 gigabytes of data.

read more - https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/o...016-p5314d.html

Happy 25th ASX listing anniversary CSL - nice chart - only a 20 yr chart but one gets the picture
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Oct 16 2019, 01:27 PM

yeah, triage, I remember a similar viewpoint expressed by you a while ago. They were smart to seize the occasion when it came along.

Tangible Assets (incl new plant & equipment) at the time were north of $2, so something with no goodwill and a bit of IP clearly was a "unique opportunity". (If only I knew that back then)

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 01:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 13 2019, 10:39 AM

nip - Brian McNamee is rewriting history a tad imo. Whilst not many would have predicted CSL would grow into what it has become now everyone back then knew that CSL was an iconic operator with a big future. I've just drafted a very full explanation of why I say that but prudence has got the better of me and I've binned it. Let me just say that Brian Mc's story is more monty phython - I grew up in a shoe box I did - skit than reality, from my perspective anyway.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 16 2019, 11:22 AM
  Quote Post

and $250 a share

--------------------

90 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING