Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

AMP, AMP LIMITED
joules mm1
post Posted: Nov 7 2019, 02:55 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Nov 1 2019, 11:31 AM

amp on the bid, keeping a clean impulsive construction...needs to close above 1.99/2.00 to get buyer conviction

refer this post:
https://boards.sharecafe.com.au/index.php?s...st&p=901948

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

joules mm1
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 11:31 AM
  Quote Post

AMP attempting to break out of the channel + break out above the last swing high at 1.90
it would need to show some momentum to attract more than short covering liquidity

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

nipper
post Posted: Oct 24 2019, 10:01 AM
  Quote Post

On Thursday morning AMP said third-quarter net cash outflow totalled $1.9 billion as funds leaving AMP outstripped new inflow.

In total, AMP’s wealth arm had cash outflow of $9 billion during the September quarter, mostly due to loss of retail investors on AMP’s platforms. Cash inflow came in at $7.1 billion during the quarter, including a lift in inflow from its North investment platform helped by external financial advisers.
- Super a 'river of gold'?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

early birds
post Posted: Oct 23 2019, 08:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 22 2019, 01:18 PM

“Australia hasn’t really seen a true wealth industry,” he said. “Everyone has just been focused on selling products.”

===================

you hit the nail nipper!!!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Oct 22 2019, 01:18 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Oct 22 2019, 12:53 PM

Well, if I've ever seen a worse chart, I can't remember when. The life support should've been tinkered with a while ago.

Had to laugh at the embedded assumptions and hubris coming from AMP:
...AMP's immediate priorities are to “get money back to clients” who have been aggrieved and fix “legacy” issues through product development, before it implements an experimental model [CEO] Mr De Ferrari said is a dramatic diversion from traditional financial advice in Australia.

Australia hasn’t really seen a true wealth industry,” he said. “Everyone has just been focused on selling products.”

... and which outfit has done the most to destroy any wealth industry (prefer "profession"), than this crowd? Pretending to be august, the only reality is that the eye was off the ball (and on self-enrichment) 11 months of the year.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 22 2019, 12:53 PM
  Quote Post

review, weekly basis
cyclical pump-it/sell-it within a channel, breaking that cycle and breaking the channel a + for the stock, which has gone "quiet" in the public domain of angsty chat
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  early birds  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 18 2019, 10:33 AM
  Quote Post

#swings
#resistancebetter as a tradable instrument than an investment instrument..until

Attached Image

--------------------

rog
post Posted: Sep 21 2019, 03:06 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 21 2019, 12:50 PM

I got tired of the 2nd guessing and dumped the lot and am shifting into an offshore investment fund. AMP have had enough rope and it’s not my job to make excuses for them - they may have some good assets but their management of those assets has not been to the shareholders benefit.

--------------------
With money in your pocket you are wise, you are handsome, and you sing well too.

nipper
post Posted: Sep 21 2019, 02:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Sep 21 2019, 12:50 PM

Yep, you don't know you you've bought at the Absolute LOW until the next day, or even quite a while afterwards. Falling knives and all that.

When the brand is being trashed, it's not really possible to use historical data to make a case for the future.

Though with 98% of current shareholders not taking up the (deeply discounted) SPP, it does tend to indicate a bit of Investor Fatigue.

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Sep 21 2019, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.sharecafe.com.au/2019/09/20/is-...-wade-into-amp/

One of the worst things an investor can do is try to pick a low. Firstly, the exact low is never picked which means that at some point you are incurring a loss. Secondly, when you are incurring a loss the psychology suddenly becomes that with every new low the share price drops too, represent an even “cheaper” price and “better value”. I think we have all said at one point following this strategy, “that’s got to be the low”.
================
lmaosmiley.gif till these day, i still falling to this trap some times. even it's a lot fewer than before. good remind to us all.

but , i start to think of AMP, NOT JUMP IN JUST YET. but do keep eye on it. at it's current level it's worth it ---even for few months trade. IMHO

70 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING