Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >   

Reply to this topic

Electric Vehicles, the Investment Ecosystem
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 10:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stocks's post @ Nov 1 2019, 10:27 AM

That was the whole point of the article I posted

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: gumboots  

stocks
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 10:27 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2019, 10:22 AM

One of the big problems for the Govt is that the Electric cars are not going to be paying any petrol tax.

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

The big problem with electric vehicles that no politician wants to deal with

The transition to electric vehicles (EV) presents the government with its toughest challenge in almost 20 years, according to a leading business figure.

That challenge is not the move to EV in itself, rather the multibillion-dollar black hole that it threatens to create.

Consider these figures: In the 2019 financial year, Australian motorists paid $19.68 billion in fuel excise tax, pouring into government coffers at 40.9 cents a litre.

The year before, Australians also bought 2216 electric vehicles (EV).

And in 2019, sales for the first half of the year were up by 90 per cent over the same period in 2018.

In the context of the Australian car market, the numbers aren’t big, but they are growing.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/money/finance-ne...es-fuel-excise/

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: gumboots  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 30 2019, 11:34 AM

When I was a young lD, my uncle gave me some sage adice.
“Son, there are three things in life that youneed to be extremely wary of:
1. Teetotallers.
2. Vegatarians
3. The electrics in any Austin.”

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

nipper
post Posted: Oct 30 2019, 11:34 AM
  Quote Post

Here's a woefully under-baked story about the next big thing (an Aluminium-air battery). And it's not rechargeable.
https://smallcaps.com.au/can-new-high-range...um-ion-battery/

- that they're aiming for the tuk-tuk market says something about the lack of power, I suspect. Also the involvement of Austin .... a new version of the A40, anyone?

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 03:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: joules mm1's post @ Oct 11 2019, 03:03 PM

a lot of comment seems to be around the choice of Singapore, which doesn't have an auto industry, for the factory.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

joules mm1
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 11 2019, 10:40 AM

some decent summaries in this, nipper :
https://twitter.com/i/moments/1182354080594685952

--------------------
. . . . . . . . everything has an art.....in the instance of the auction process, the only thing, needed to be listened to; price

nipper
post Posted: Oct 11 2019, 10:40 AM
  Quote Post

James Dyson, the inventor of the bagless vacuum cleaner, has cancelled his ambitious plan to build an electric car because the project was not commercially viable.

Dyson said his engineers had built a "fantastic car" and that the project was not being closed due to any failures in research and development.

"However, though we have tried very hard throughout the development process, we simply can no longer see a way to make it commercially viable," he told staff on Thursday.

The company had tried to find a buyer for the project but had not succeeded, he said.

Although Dyson is closing its automotive division, it said it would continue to develop solid state batteries, and other technology including vision systems, robotics, machine learning and AI.

"Our battery will benefit Dyson in a profound way and take us in exciting new directions," the 72 year-old founder said

--------------------

mullokintyre
post Posted: Oct 4 2019, 01:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 27 2019, 11:21 AM

Just for interest, I senr t an email off to the Rivian pre order address to see if it was possible to preorder a RHD version.
Their answer was no, they have not announced their plans for Australia yet.
Note this does not mean they don't have any, just not announced yet.
But they promised to keep me informed via email of progress in that direction.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 27 2019, 11:21 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 27 2019, 10:55 AM

Just to emphasise that these are for real, Amazon has ordered 10,000 of these electric trucks from Rivian.

Talk about a startup coming out of nowhere: Amazon this week announced it’s buying 100,000 electric delivery vans from startup Rivian. Prototypes may reach Amazon next year, with deliveries from 2021 to 2024.

The Amazon order rockets Rivian from amusing curiosity (“hey, one more EV startup, like Fisker for trucks?”) to a company getting considerable attention at the November 2018 LA Auto Show (with SUV, pickup prototypes unveiled) to being taken seriously by bankers ($700 million Amazon investment in February, $500 million Ford investment in April plus announced Ford plans to use the Rivian platform in a Ford vehicle) to Player-with-a-Capital-P this week (at $100,000 a truck, Amazon’s order equals $10 billion).

AMAZON Bus Rivian

Mick

--------------------

2 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING