Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

SVY, STAVELY MINERALS LTD
blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 6 2019, 02:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 6 2019, 01:58 PM

Agree, don't begrudge them taking some off the table to cover their costs, but it's the timing of the sale - they timed it well - pretty much at the top If they were confident there was a replication of the first hole I think they would have held on a little longer.

Not sure how many holes they have drilled, or how much is owed to them for drilling services. The value of shares sold = $3.4 million. The balance of their 18.1 million shares, at today's price, is worth $20.5 million. Not bad.

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

triage
post Posted: Nov 6 2019, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 6 2019, 12:36 PM

Yeah but they would have bills to pay and most creditors likely would want the readies. The drillers have done well and the fact that have not totally cashed and taken the profits suggests they think there might be more to come / or maybe they are compulsive gamblers and are happy to go double or nothing.

(I'm not sure why I am so interested in Stavely seeing that I've not held any SVY for yonks. I suspect it is because it is such a shining example of the randomness of success).

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 6 2019, 12:36 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 29 2019, 09:16 PM

I noticed that Titline Drilling Pty Ltd recently sold 2.750 million shares - I think they are the drilling company for SVY - given shares in lieu of cash payment. They sill hold 18.1 million shares, or 8.48%. They would have had some inkling of what the recently reported holes held, I would imagine. That, together with the 2 directors selling down (due to personal reasons) is a bit of a red flag for me. Hope I'm wrong.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=svy
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 6 2019, 12:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Nov 5 2019, 06:37 PM

There's Blackie's mate, shimmer, who is a smooth as silk upramper

Haven't seen the exchange yet, but will do. My money, sight unseen, is with the "quality downramper" - shjimmer is a snake oil salesman. He gets seed stock at cheap prices then ramps them until he's sold out on a high to the chumps on Hc who believe his bull dust. Disappears from the stock thread once that happens and move onto the next one -rinse and repeat. Have watched him and his mate cdchi1 on many stocks - particularly those in which Tolga Kumova has a financial interest in and BWEquities (http://bwequities.com.au/transactions) acts as broker. Here's a pic of the "team" talking strategy a while back. From left to right - Tolga, Ben Kay (BWEquities) Tolga's brother Burak, shimmer then cdchi1

Back in 2017 talking up AL8. To their credit, they did ram it up to $2.40 in October 2017 You just don't want to be the punter who bought in at that level/at that time - it's gone down hill ever since and is now 3.9c
60c and getting closer to drilling. Would not want to miss out if they hit, you don't get many chances like this when looking for the motherload.

"I expect Cdchi, in addition to AL8 and CLQ, will be adding CLY, MEI, EUC, AYA and a bunch of other rockets...can't go wrong backing Tolga."

Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

triage
post Posted: Nov 5 2019, 06:37 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 29 2019, 09:16 PM

Interesting interplay going on in the HC SVY threads. There's Blackie's mate, shimmer, who is a smooth as silk upramper and now there's high quality downramper, Henry Walton, has joined the fray. They are not going head to head and their styles are diametrically opposed: as I said shimmer is all smoothness and supreme confidence that the SVY shareprice is going to go off like a rocket in coming months whereas Henry Walton is all detail and analysis to back up his position that Stavely does not have a commercial find. I've not come across either of them before but Henry Walton has a remarkable 1,120 lightbulbs from only 683 posts (even the top analysts that I regularly watch on hc don't bat at more than 100%) so some must think he has substance. Apparently he's a day trader though.

HW's style reminds me a lot of our very own King Baz who for a time on sharescene really was king (and kahuna). From memory though, king baz blew his credibility with some bad calls and getting too full of himself. It must be over a decade ago that he strutted around sharescene and I've not seen anything of him since: I presumed he may have passed away. But maybe not.

As for Stavely the next few core samples will tell the story apparently.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 29 2019, 09:16 PM
  Quote Post

Another director selling for "personal reasons". Value = $509,333.60

Sale of Shares – Ms Jennifer Murphy
Stavely Minerals Limited (ASX: SVY – “Stavely Minerals”) advises that Technical Director,
Ms Jennifer Murphy, has sold 400,000 shares in the Company for personal reasons.

Following the sale, Ms Murphy continues to hold 5,946,705 shares and has no intention to
sell further shares in the foreseeable future.

This is Ms Murphy’s first disposal of shares since Stavely Minerals listed in May 2014.
This sale was approved by Board in accordance with the Company’s Share Trading Policy.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 20 2019, 01:58 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 19 2019, 02:05 PM

Yep - read it, nipper. How hard would it be to get s/holder approval? AGM probably being held some time late next month (November) - wouldn't have to call a EGM?

Main point however was the article quotes - "Demand for stock.............was a staggering $100 million" Where did this figure come from - brokers (Morgans/Hartley - eager to put steam under the SP) management of the company, or chatter on HC where some pretty wild statements have been made including $150m. Can that figure of $100m be relied upon.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2019, 02:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Oct 19 2019, 01:19 PM

Read it, Blackie
$19.6m because that was the threshold for proceeding without the need for shareholder approval.
it traded on Friday, and dropped a bit. To $1.18..... there are always some willing to take a bit off the table, having paid $1.00 a day or so earlier. (The lucky ones)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 19 2019, 01:19 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Oct 19 2019, 06:52 AM

Demand for stock.............was a staggering $100 million

Has that info come from official channels, or just from Barry Fitzgerald? That's a truly staggering amount - if correct. Makes you wonder why they didn't take the opportunity to increase the placement a little. But then I notice a number of shares also coming out of escrow and unlisted options being converted "via the ‘cashless exercise’ mechanism as part of Stavely’s Employee Incentive Plan" All go towards diluting shareholders.

But given there was as much as $80m of unrequited demand for the placement stock, it is assumed it will quickly stabilise.

Expect there will be a lot of FOMO come Monday biggrin.gif

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Oct 19 2019, 06:52 AM
  Quote Post

Demand for stock in Stavely Minerals’ (SVY) $19.6 million placement at a $1 a share in the wake of its high-grade copper hits at the Thursday’s Gossan project in Western Victoria was a staggering $100 million.

Hits like 32m at 5.9% copper and individual assays of up to 40% copper have obviously fired up interest in the discovery, with Stavely only stopping at $19.6m because that was the threshold for proceeding without the need for shareholder approval.

The stock gets allotted today and it will be interesting to see how it holds up given the temptation for the less committed of the placement recipients to take a stag profit. There was some of that evident on Thursday with Stavely’s fall to $1.18.

But given there was as much as $80m of unrequited demand for the placement stock, it is assumed it will quickly stabilise.
Barry Fitzgerald

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: triage  

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING