Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >   

Reply to this topic

GNX, GENEX POWER LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 02:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 1 2019, 02:09 PM

maybe
---... always taken the view; it's a long way from markets

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 1 2019, 01:44 PM

I don't think it's totally fallen over - only (at the moment) they can't reached financial close in CY 2019 - they are working with all parties and anticipate that will occur in 2020.

Genex wishes to advise that it no longer anticipates that it will reach financial close on
the Project in CY 2019.

Accordingly, Genex anticipates that the NAIF concessional loan offer and the J-POWER share
subscription agreement will both lapse at or prior to 31 December 2019 (unless extended). Genex will
continue to work with EA and its other financiers and counterparties, including NAIF and J-POWER,
to restructure the financing for the transaction to ensure a positive investment decision can be
reached and financial close can be achieved. This is now anticipated to occur in 2020.

There is still some hope, but yes not good.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 01:44 PM
  Quote Post

EnergyAustralia not entering into for long-term energy agreement and equity investment

DOWN 40%

Accordingly, Genex anticipates that the NAIF concessional loan offer and the J-POWER share subscription agreement will both lapse at or prior to 31 December 2019 (unless..... )
ouch.. all fall down

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Jul 11 2019, 02:53 PM
  Quote Post

NORTHERN AUSTRALIA INFRASTRUCTURE FACILITY BOARD APPROVES
INVESTMENT DECISION FOR UP TO $610 MILLION OF CONCESSIONAL DEBT
FUNDING FOR THE KIDSTON PUMPED STORAGE HYDRO PROJECT

Genex Power Limited (ASX: GNX) (Genex or Company) is pleased to announce that the Northern
Australia Infrastructure Facility (NAIF) Board has made an Investment Decision to offer finance to
Genex’s Kidston Stage 2 Pumped Storage Hydro Project (K2-Hydro) through the provision of a longterm concessional NAIF debt facility for up to $610 million (Debt Facility).
Since Genex first announced the involvement of NAIF in the Company’s K2-Hydro, Genex has
worked closely with the NAIF management team to complete the due diligence required for the NAIF
Board to consider an Investment Proposal (refer ASX announcement 20 June 2018).

The financial close process for K2-Hydro is advancing rapidly with the Genex Board confident that
it will be in a position to reach financial close in the third quarter of this year following the recent
succession of significant positive announcements for this project including:

➢ Signing of a term sheet with EnergyAustralia for a long-term energy storage services
agreement and equity investment (refer ASX announcement 20 December 2018);
➢ Commencement of an early works programme surrounding the hydraulic design and related
activity for the hydro turbines (refer ASX announcement 15 February 2019);
➢ Receipt of final environment approvals (refer ASX announcement 8 April 2019);
➢ A$25M share subscription agreement and technical services agreement with J-Power (refer
ASX announcement 6 June 2019), for which this NAIF Investment Decision is a key condition
precedent; and
➢ AEMO GPS Approval (refer ASX announcement 14 June 2019)

NAIF’s Investment Decision is subject to the responsible Federal Minister’s legislative consideration
period. NAIF’s Financial assistance to the Project is also subject to a number of conditions including
the finalisation of the Queensland Government’s consideration of the project and its agreement for
the approved funds to be advanced

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Jun 25 2019, 09:38 AM
  Quote Post

In a halt... Capital Raising

- and as soon as the S/P nudged higher.

This one should be priced off the 10-year!

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Jun 6 2019, 08:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 15 2019, 05:25 PM

Genex (GNX) is pleased to announce that it has signed a Share Subscription Agreement with Electric Power Development Co Ltd trading as J-POWER.

The Agreement provides for a conditional investment of up to A$25m by way of a subscription for ordinary shares in Genex, with the proceeds to be principally applied towards Genex’s equity funding component for the construction of the Kidston Pumped Storage Hydro Project
- payment in kind

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

nipper
post Posted: Feb 15 2019, 05:25 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 15 2019, 03:04 PM

.... works to keep the massive project moving while it awaits financial close.
... actually, I don't find that encouraging. Weakened bargaining power.

--------------------

nipper
post Posted: Feb 15 2019, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

Work is set to begin on the pumped hydro storage component of Genex Power’s ground-breaking Renewable Energy Hub at Kidston, in North Queensland, as the company works to keep the massive project moving while it awaits financial close.

Genex said on Friday that it had entered into an agreement with McConnell Dowell and John Holland, to immediately commence an early works program on the 250MW K2-project, which will supply up to eight hours storage, using the existing pits of a former gold mine.

Under the agreement, the MDJH joint venture will start work on an agreed program of works to accelerate the development of the pumped hydro project, ahead of financial close, which is said to be on track for the first half of 2019.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 4 2018, 04:42 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Sep 21 2018, 12:46 PM

FWIW - Morgans rates GNX as Initiation of coverage with Add

Morgans initiates coverage of Genex Power with an Add rating and $0.36 target. The company is a renewable and energy storage business, developer of the Kidston solar and pumped hydro projects.

The business is set to take advantage of volatility in Queensland wholesale electricity prices. Morgans notes pumped hydro is significantly cheaper than batteries and, unlike gas turbines, will be able to start fast enough to cover spikes in the electricity price.

Beyond the initial contract the broker envisages prices increasing significantly, but warns it will be several years into the future before investors can realise the benefits.

--------------------

blacksheep
post Posted: Sep 21 2018, 12:46 PM
  Quote Post

DEVELOPMENT APPROVAL FOR KIDSTON PUMPED STORAGE HYDRO PROJECT
Genex Power Limited (ASX: GNX) (Genex or Company) is pleased to advise that it has received
Development Approval (DA) from the Etheridge Shire Council (ESC) in respect of the Company’s
250MW Pumped Storage Hydro Project (K2-Hydro). The DA process involved referrals to several
State Government entities, including the Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy
(DNRME) for the approval of the Wises Dam structure, the Department of State Development,
Manufacturing, Infrastructure and Planning, and Ergon Energy. The DA represents a significant
milestone for the project which remains on track to commence construction in 2019.

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: JSB  

4 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING