Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

100 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

MNS, MAGNIS RESOURCES LIMITED
stocks
post Posted: Nov 14 2019, 12:24 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 14 2019, 12:16 PM

###declining SP - which is what I suggested in the first place.###

100% Agree, you are correct.

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 14 2019, 12:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stocks's post @ Nov 14 2019, 12:01 PM

That's pretty obvious. Doesn't take a genius to figure that out, but you came here warning people about catching a FALLING KNIFE, which then transformed into a FALLING SWORD and now you AGREE it looks like a declining SP - which is what I suggested in the first place.

the MNS SP has been on a gradual decline (for many reasons), but it is NOT a falling knife.

Good to see you have come around to acknowledging. Took a while, but we got there. rolleyes.gif

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

Said 'Thanks' for this post: gumboots  

stocks
post Posted: Nov 14 2019, 12:01 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 14 2019, 11:01 AM

Well it looks more like one long sword blade to me, I would not say its a falling sword, but I would say looking at the SP over the last three years, it looks to me like the MNS SP has slid all the way down the blade to the 12cents its at today.

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 14 2019, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stocks's post @ Nov 13 2019, 09:05 PM

You see a SWORD? Interesting, but doesn't a SWORD fall in the same manner as a KNIFE and therefore both acute declines? Do you have some data on your SWORD theory. If so, you could share it with johnyb26 -

People interpret charts in many different ways, I guess. Much the same as the Rorschach Test ("inkblot"). You can ask a hundred people what they see in those inkblots - most will give a completely different interpretation - it has something to do with their personality, characteristics and emotional functioning. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LYi19-Vx6go

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

stocks
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 09:05 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 13 2019, 01:45 PM

YES I must agree, its not a falling knife, it looks more to me like a sword, one long slide all the way down from the handle.

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 01:45 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gumboots's post @ Nov 13 2019, 12:20 PM

You reckon he got the "point" - That's not a knife - this is a knife! biggrin.gif
Attached image(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

gumboots
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 12:20 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 13 2019, 10:18 AM

mns trolls b/sheep.... wacko.gif

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 10:18 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stocks's post @ Nov 13 2019, 09:36 AM

You, and johnyb26 who originally posted this article on HC (you might want to acknowledge your source) might "enjoy" this article - it explains what catching a FALLING KNIFE actually is - A RAPID DROP in the share price

Clearly when you compare the MNS chart to the example in the linked article, the MNS SP has been on a gradual decline (for many reasons), but it is NOT a falling knife.

You need to do a bit of your own research and stop cherry picking posts from HC, that are clearly wrong/biased, to suit your agenda

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fallingknife.asp
Attached Image

A recent example of an ASX listed company that experienced a rapid SP fall - WTC. You can see the stock went from $35 to $24-ish before stabilizing.
Attached Image

--------------------

stocks
post Posted: Nov 13 2019, 09:36 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gumboots's post @ Nov 11 2019, 11:48 AM

Good article that some long term holders wish they had read long ago.

Readers might enjoy this article. It discusses catching falling knives, investment biases and why people hold stocks that are falling in price dramatically despite what they see on their screens week in week out, month on month.. Some readers may even find parallels relating to discussions in this forum.

https://thedeepdish.org/catching-a-falling-knife/

Sunk-cost fallacy:
I had ample opportunity to cut my losses and sell out, but I was way too heavily invested in the company (literally and figuratively). The sunk-cost fallacy is linked to loss aversion – people hate losing much more than they enjoy winning. And so, rather than take a haircut and officially become a Loser, I kept throwing more good money onto the smouldering dumpster fire

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 12 2019, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 8 2019, 07:29 PM

Looks like NAIF still approving loans - just announced 2 today - Cowboys Stadium and Metro Minings Cape York bauxit project expansion.
https://naif.gov.au/media-releases/

--------------------

100 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING