Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

80 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

WBC, WESTPAC BANKING CORPORATION
early birds
post Posted: Jun 18 2020, 09:56 AM
  Quote Post

Westpac Banking Corporation announces a fully-underwritten offer of approximately 31
million Pendal Group Limited (ASX:PDL) (Pendal) shares (which is circa 9.5% of Pendal's
shares on issue) (the Offer) to institutional investors domiciled in Australia and other
relevant jurisdictions1
. This announcement is consistent with Westpacs disclosures since
the time of its previous sell-down of Pendal shares in 2017 in which Westpac has indicated
that it would sell its remaining stake in Pendal at some future date.
The Offer price for the shares has been set at $5.98 per share, which is a discount of 4% to
Pendal's last closing price of $6.23 on 17 June 2020 and a 5.1% discount to the 30-day
VWAP of $6.30.
Finalisation of the Offer will complete the divestment of Westpacs proprietary shareholding
in Pendal, following earlier share sales in 2007, 2015, and 2017.
Acting Chief Financial Officer, Westpac Banking Corporation, Gary Thursby said: Pendal is
a highly regarded, independent business, and given Westpacs commitment to simplify its
operations and focus on banking in Australia and New Zealand, now is the right time to
complete our divestment.
Completion of the Offer is expected to add approximately 2 basis points to Westpacs
Common Equity Tier 1 capital ratio and will result in a post-tax accounting gain for Second
Half 2020 of $32m that will be included in Westpac's Full Year 2020 statutory result.
Consistent with past practice, the gain will be excluded from the calculation of Westpacs
cash earnings2
UBS is acting as Sole Lead Manager, Underwriter and Bookrunner of the offer.
Settlement of the transaction is expected to occur on 22 June 2020.

==============

good to see the sell down, about 180mil in the bag, nice!!

early birds
post Posted: Jun 17 2020, 03:26 PM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-ser...20200617-p553g9

Justice Jonathan Beach said although he accepted AUSTRAC would receive alerts about suspicious transactions it needed to investigate almost "continuously, it needed to draw a line under the allegations.

"I do think its time to close this pleading for want of a better word ... We do need to guillotine it at some stage," Justice Beach said.

================

if the court's ended jugement in favour of WBC it could spark SP up 10% in one go imho.

early birds
post Posted: Jun 5 2020, 10:49 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/westpac-exp...20200604-p54zhu

Our assessment is that, while not satisfactorily focused before 2017 and slow off the mark, the boards response appears to have been appropriate after 2017, though reaction times remained slow

===============

after self confess then the conclusion sound bit of positive after 2017.......
still think it worth a good look at it's current price... but as my hands are really tight, can't do much of myself!! weirdsmiley.gif

early birds
post Posted: Apr 2 2020, 09:34 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.afr.com/companies/financial-ser...20200402-p54g9v

Across our organisation, we are working hard to ensure we remain open for business ... We must also look to the future for the best way for Westpac to meet the challenges," Mr King said.

-----------------------

yep!!! got prop manager team, but divy for all the banks seems under pressure .
cut the divy support reckless borrower ------way to running a biz!!

nipper
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 04:52 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 16 2020, 04:16 PM

stopped paying attention at homo dice pacem

.found above the fireplace btw

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 04:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 16 2020, 04:10 PM

You obviously were not reading your Latin Quia Hodie too closely ad ludum. .
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

nipper
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 04:10 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Mar 16 2020, 03:57 PM

cattus mortuus ?

(then run over by a Kenworth rig)

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 03:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 16 2020, 02:21 PM

What I have learned from the past is that you never know the market is turned around until well after the event.
Takes more than one day's rise- beware the recently passed feline rebound.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Mar 16 2020, 01:29 PM

will market turn around tomorrow??

this is crazy market ever seen. but so far i'm on top of it.
not sure what will wall street reacting , to me i just try to fig it out how big the down side for Dow Spx Dax, . try to work out strong support level of them.

nipper
post Posted: Mar 16 2020, 01:29 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Mar 16 2020, 08:17 AM

On a bigger stage, but keeping with the theme
So when exactly does a coronavirus-triggered corporate market meltdown officially turn into a full-blown financial crisis? That’s a question many market participants, and banks in particular, must be asking themselves.

If there has been any silver lining to the current market shock and the recession that is likely to follow, it is that it hasn’t been a 2008-style banking crisis — of the kind that jumps like a virus between highly leveraged global financial institutions and causes them to bleed dry.

The Dodd-Frank and Basel III regulations that followed in the wake of the subprime crisis were designed to mitigate that risk. Banks, required to hold larger quantities of high-quality assets, were made to do less trading, and more traditional lending.

That worked, up to a point. The virus-induced brake on consumer activity and labour markets, which has in turn triggered a corporate credit run, is what caused the market panic this time, rather than risky trading on the part of global banks.

Today, it is not Wall Street financial institutions, but companies in a variety of industries that are stressed, as a simultaneous supply and demand shock means they need to tap credit lines to pay their bills...

- different pathway, same destination?

--------------------

80 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING