Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

180 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
henrietta
post Posted: Jun 4 2020, 11:46 AM
  Quote Post

Senator Gallagher put in her place ......

What about the time, Senator Gallagher pressed, when Mr Power, in his words, “gave a lift” back from Perth to Finance Minister Mathias Cormann, Attorney-General Christian Porter and Liberal MP Ben Morton?

What did they discuss on this plane trip?

Why nothing at all, Mr Power said. Why? Because he flies the jet.

“Impressive,” muttered Senator Gallagher.

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 3 2020, 06:52 PM
  Quote Post

i reckon all those people hit with a fine over the past few weeks for not social distancing enuff will be a bit pissed orff.
Victoria Police say they will not be issuing fines for breaches of social distancing at a solidarity protest in Melbourne over the death of George Floyd in the United States, despite fearing the event will lead to the spread of coronavirus.

On Wednesday evening, more than 30,000 people had registered interest in attending the event outside state parliament on Saturday, which has been organised by the Aboriginal community in response to the “Black Lives Matter” movement.

The death of 46-year-old unarmed black man George Floyd in Minnesota last week, after a white police officer knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes, has sparked violent protests around the world, some of which have included looting, anarchy from demonstrators and attacks on protesters and media by police.

Victoria Police Assistant Commissioner Luke Cornelius said police were respected people’s rights to protest, but would have preferred the action be postponed until after the COVID-19 pandemic has passed.

He urged those planning to attend to follow public health directions on social distancing to prevent any more coronavirus infections.

“As I understand what's planned on Saturday would amount to the largest mass gathering since the Chief Health Officer's directions came into force,” Mr Cornelius said.

Once again, VIC Pol taking the easy way out. So much easier to ping a bunch of kids partying or mums taking their daughters for driving practice.
But a bunch of virtue signallers disobeying the laws is just too hot to handle.
Mck

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Jun 3 2020, 10:02 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ke...ing/ar-BB14Vi61

i really don't like Rudd esp when he in charge.

but i agreeing with him with this point. aussies no need to bow to anyone in this world. stand on our own feet, look after our own interest with common sense... IMHO

early birds
post Posted: Jun 3 2020, 09:29 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/bl...lia/ar-BB14WlhY

dose these people know that our current Govt that lead by Scotmo is the best budy with trupie's tea party???
i guess soon they will get heavy clamp down. 90% of so called "peaceful rally" will moghs into something bad if it not been clamp down at first place.

Arab spring....French yellow vast ....HK freedom movement.... list goes on....most of them all under the beauty of " human rights...democracy". but the results of that is life of everyday's people been disturbed
normal law and odder ---not exist anymore.

i really hope it will not happen here!!

i'm the one that chased " human rights, democracy" with the best year of my life that start over 30 years ago. tell you guys what i think it is now--------it's just a mirage. every time i thought i getting close to it, it disappears. i'm in peace with this things now.
not care of whoever is dominate , trumpie, commie, or lefty............look after myself is the way to go!!

ok, my morning rant. ohmy.gif

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  neilo3  

nipper
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 09:27 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jun 2 2020, 08:55 PM

Not sure self loathing is an admirable trait.

To me, if the world has to split, and we do seem to polarise, then the division would be along the lines of Aspirational and Entitlement based. I align with the former, not the latter.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jun 2 2020, 08:55 PM
  Quote Post

I have written numerous times about the inequality in America, but so many commentators, media analysts and academics completely miss the point. The constant blame on trump, or whoever else is the POTUS is a complete farce. The real problem is the big financial institutions that have pirated the financial system along with the myriad of alphabets that are supposed to oversee it.

FromWall street on parade
Chelsea Peterson, a white protester in Portland, Oregon on Friday night, told CNN she wanted to “show my solidarity with my black brothers and sisters.” Peterson added: “It was important for me as a white person to actually show up because it is our responsibility to dismantle the systems of oppression that we have created.”

Two of those systems of oppression are the Wall Street mega banks and the Federal Reserve, which have institutionalized enforced inequality in the United States, particularly in minority communities.

Let’s start with Citigroup, one of the largest Wall Street banks and a serial predator. On July 20, 2001, Gail Kubiniec, a former assistant manager at a Citigroup affiliate, CitiFinancial, testified to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) on the predatory lending habits of the firm. Kubiniec stated:

“Employees would receive quarterly incentives, called ‘Rocopoly Money,’ based on how many present borrowers they ‘renewed’ (refinanced) into new loans…Typically, employees would only state the total monthly payment amount in selling a proposed loan. Additional information, such as the interest rate, and the financed points and fees, closing costs, and ‘add-ons’ like credit insurance, were only disclosed when demanded by the borrower…When quoting the monthly payment, I frequently quoted the payment with coverages already included, telling the consumer only that it was ‘fully protected.’ This was a common practice used by employees at CitiFinancial…The pressure to sell coverages came from CitiFinancial’s Regional and District Managers. Each branch had monthly credit insurance sales goals to meet…If these goals were not met, the District Manager would call and put pressure on the Branch Manager to get the branch up to par.”

Kubiniec testified that this is how Citigroup determined its prey: “I and other employees would often determine how much insurance could be sold to a borrower based on the borrower’s occupation, race, age, and education level. If someone appeared uneducated, inarticulate, was a minority, or was particularly old or young, I would try to include all the coverages CitiFinancial offered. The more gullible the consumer appeared, the more coverages I would try to include in the loan…”

The black community is particularly unattuned to the ways of Wall Street because Wall Street, for the past four decades, has systematically refused to hire and train black people as financial advisors. In 2008 we wrote the following:

“Wall Street, known variously as a barren wasteland for diversity or the last plantation in America, has defied courts and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) for decades in its failure to hire blacks as stockbrokers. Now it’s marshalling its money machine to elect a black man to the highest office in the land. Why isn’t the press curious about this?

“Walk into any of the largest Wall Street brokerage firms today and you’ll see a self-portrait of upper management’s racism and sexism: women sitting at secretarial desks outside fancy offices occupied by predominantly white males. According to the EEOC, as well as the recent racial discrimination class actions filed against UBS and Merrill Lynch, blacks make up between 1 per cent to 3.5 per cent of stockbrokers – this after 30 years of litigation, settlements and empty promises to do better by the largest Wall Street firms.”

Having a black man in the Oval Office and a black man in the U.S. Attorney General’s office (Eric Holder) when Obama was President helped to mollify the outrage and anger as black communities across America saw their wealth evaporate in the financial crisis of 2007 to 2010 – an era of corruption on Wall Street that has had no precedent since the late 1920s.

Instead of putting the serial predators at Citigroup in jail and letting the bank fail when it became insolvent in 2008, the Federal Reserve secretly made $2.5 trillion cumulatively in revolving loans to Citigroup, at below-market interest rates (some at less than ½ of one percent interest) for two and one-half years. And despite the Justice Department receiving multiple referrals for potential criminal prosecutions of Citigroup executives from the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission, Obama’s Justice Department did not prosecute one Citi executive for their crimes before and during the financial crisis. And that was despite having a clear road map of corruption provided by internal whistleblowers, Richard Bowen and Sherry Hunt.

While Citi was getting this $2.5 trillion in super cheap loans from the Fed, it continued to charge high double-digit interest rates to struggling consumers on their credit cards and foreclosed on the homes of thousands of minorities who had been thrown out of work because of Citigroup and other Wall Street banks’ corruption. To keep its foreclosures out of the press, Citigroup used an alias.

Proving that the Trump administration is not an aberration in Swamp Building, the Obama administration allowed a Citigroup executive to hand pick key staff and cabinet positions, according to leaked emails. Citigroup was receiving the largest bank bailout in U.S. history at the time. No one involved in those emails has denied their veracity. See here and here.

In addition to the $2.5 trillion in revolving loans that Citigroup received secretly from the Fed (the loans were revealed in 2011 by a government audit), Citigroup also received $45 billion directly from the taxpayer under the Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP). How does that compare to TARP money that went to help distressed homeowners that were jobless because Wall Street had collapsed the economy?

In 2017 the Government Accountability Office (GAO) released a study showing that the government had only disbursed $22.6 billion to help distressed homeowners. That compares to $16.1 trillion in revolving loans that a GAO audit revealed that the Fed had funneled to Wall Street banks and their foreign counterparts from December 2007 through July 21, 2010. (See page 131 of the GAO audit.)

In April 2017, when Senator Elizabeth Warren delivered an analysis of how Wall Street banks had conspired against wealth building by blacks, she was censored by major business media, including the Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg News, the New York Times, Reuters, the Financial Times and CNBC.

Warren’s analysis came at a symposium hosted by Howard University, a predominantly black university. Warren told her audience that communities of color had been specifically targeted for wealth stripping by Wall Street through devious means in the leadup to the financial crash of 2008. She said this was preceded by a U.S. government conspiracy against them from 1934 to 1968.

Warren, who sits on the Senate Banking committee and is the most knowledgeable member of Congress when it comes to Wall Street, revealed that within two years of the onset of the financial crash of 2008, 8.8 million American workers had lost their jobs and within three years more than 4 million homes had been lost to foreclosure. “The financial crisis wiped out as much as $14 trillion in household wealth,” Warren told the crowd. But the losses were not evenly distributed. Warren explained:

“Before the crisis, big financial institutions specifically targeted communities of color with mortgages that were full of tricks and traps, stripping wealth from families and their communities. And when the financial crisis came, those same communities of color got hit a second time with some neighborhoods nearly destroyed by the concentration of foreclosures.”

As for the federal government’s conspiracy from 1934 to 1968, Warren explained:

“There is a long and shameful history in this country of discrimination against African Americans when they try to buy homes. From 1934 to 1968, the Federal Housing Administration led the charge. In a largely segregated America, FHA actively discriminated against black families by refusing to insure mortgages for qualified borrowers in communities of color, while helping white families finance their plans to achieve the American dream.

“Its policy wasn’t a secret. It wasn’t the product of a handful of racist government officials. Nope. It was the official policy of the United States government until 1968. That’s in my lifetime. And because the Federal government had set the standard, private lenders enthusiastically followed Washington’s lead.”

Warren also cited a study in the Boston Globe which found that “the median net worth of white families in Boston is $247,000” while the median net worth for a black family “is $8.00.” That’s not a typo. Warren said “That’s something that all Americans, regardless of race, should be ashamed of.”

What is the Fed doing today to level the playing field? Absolutely nothing. In fact, it’s doubling down on its 2008 bailout policies to broaden the wealth disparities in America. The Fed is making repo loans (repurchase agreement) to the trading houses of Wall Street at 1/10th of one percent. It is making its Primary Dealer Credit Facility loans to the same trading houses at ¼ of one percent. Some of those trading houses are owned by the biggest Wall Street banks that are still charging an average of 16.01 percent on their credit cards to struggling Americans.

One of the protesters in Los Angeles on Friday night carried a handmade sign that read: “White Silence Is Compliance.” To that we would add that silence by mainstream media on what the Fed and Wall Street banks are doing today must become part of the national conversation.

I don't see how the USA can survive this.
This worries me greatly, not because I want the US to be the policeman of the world, but because I fear those who would step in to replace them.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Featured Stock Stories

early birds
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 09:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jun 1 2020, 07:40 AM

it's ok H

i guess i just talk to myself!! make more meaningless posts to make up the number!! wink.gif

"Peta credlin" i should typ. . a luuuvly luuvely lady who can have huge influence in this country!!

henrietta
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 07:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Jun 1 2020, 01:12 AM

All good EB. Got absolutely no idea what you're raving about !! biggrin.gif lmaosmiley.gif

Cheers
J

--------------------
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." Satchel Paige

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

early birds
post Posted: Jun 1 2020, 01:12 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/chines...ong/ar-BB14Qnb9

US House Speaker Nancy Pelosi once called the violent protests in Hong Kong 'a beautiful sight to behold.'... US politicians now can enjoy this sight from their own windows," Hu Xijin, editor-in-chief of nationalist tabloid Global Times, wrote Saturday.

"I can't breathe," she said on Twitter, with a screenshot of a tweet by US State Department spokeswoman Morgan Ortagus that had criticised the Chinese government over its Hong Kong policy.

====================================

do you guys believe in karma????
to me it is funnier to think of a gangster point finger at a robber cool.gif

========================
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/ab...ica/ar-BB14PBjw

The young blonde reporter interviewed protesters throughout the morning, some of whom were angered by her questioning.

-----------------------

why bother-----this is how this country's media acts spme loves Credlin type ......don't want to say more to upsets people here.

nipper
post Posted: May 31 2020, 10:42 AM
  Quote Post

Home of the hateful, fearful and heavily armed

(pt 1)
The rise of militias and armed protesters across the US is sometimes seen as a fringe right-wing issue, but it is much broader. Armed groups have formed across the political spectrum, worsening divisions the coronavirus has exposed in American society.

As I write, there are 1.7 million coronavirus cases in the US and more than 100,000 deaths. The little county where I live — only a half-million people, in a part-urban, part-wilderness area of the Rocky Mountains — has a death toll higher than Australia and New Zealand combined. And this is one of the safe places, positively benign compared with hot spots such as New York or New Jersey with deaths in the tens of thousands.

Second to its health impact, the economic crisis wrought by ­government-imposed lockdowns has grabbed the most attention: 40 million Americans were forced on to the dole in the past 10 weeks. The job market, strong until mid-March, has fallen off a cliff. A flood of bankruptcies is sweeping US business; analysts expect a wave of municipal bankruptcies as tax ­revenue collapses. Congress has committed $US2 trillion ($3 trillion) in crisis spending, even as public debt nears $US30 trillion, or roughly 120 per cent of gross domestic product. If the first wave of the coronavirus tsunami was its health effect, the second — economic devastation — may be worse. But there is a third wave coming: the possibility of armed conflict towards the end of this year, when the combined health and economic impacts of the crisis will peak amid the most violently contested presidential election in memory.

Protesters, some heavily armed, are out in force to demand reopening of the economy. The husband of one leader posted a Facebook video this week expressing his readiness to take up arms against the government to prevent a "new world order" being imposed through lockdowns.

There were already many militia of varying political complexions across America; one pro-militia website lists 361 groups across all 50 states. Membership surged after the 2008 financial crisis, then accelerated as thugs from both political extremes fought each other with baseball bats, bicycle chains and pepper spray in the streets of Washington DC, Settle, Portland and Detroit. The deadly "Unite the Right" rally in normally sleepy university town of Charlottesville VA in August 2017 bought the danger home to many Americans, but the trend was longstanding.

Rioting

Rioting among groups such as Antifa (on the anarchist left), Patriot Prayer and the Proud Boys (on the alt-right) and mass demonstrations by issue-motivated groups such as Black Lives Matter, ­Extinction Rebellion and the Women's March kicked into high gear after Donald Trump's election.

Far-left militias such as Redneck Revolt and the John Brown Gun Club emerged, copying the methods and military-style weapons of right-wing militias while opposing their politics. Both far-right and far-left armed groups were at Charlottesville, with ­cadres of gun-carrying militants guarding protesters on both sides and a third-party "constitutionalist" militia, the Oath Keepers — composed mainly of military and law-enforcement veterans — standing by as self-appointed umpires.

In the west, a separate rural militia movement had already coalesced around "sovereign citizen" groups that rejected federal authority. Despite media portrayals of its leaders as racially motivated, in fact the sovereign citizen ideology is neither left nor right in a traditional sense — it might better be described as a form of militant libertarianism with roots in the self-reliant cowboy culture of the old west. In April 2014, a dispute over grazing rights in Nevada triggered an armed stand-off between militia and federal agencies including the Bureau of Land Management and the FBI. This dispute — over federal attempts to impound the cattle of a rancher named Cliven Bundy — brought hundreds of militia members from across the country to Nevada where they surrounded federal agents, trained weapons on them and forced them to back down.

The 2014 stand-off ended in a bloodless militia victory, but almost two years later Bundy's son Ammon led an armed occupation of the headquarters of a federal wildlife refuge in southeastern Oregon. This time, things went the other way. The occupation prompted a six-week siege by federal and state agencies in January-February 2016. It resulted in the death of LaVoy Finicum, a charismatic Arizona rancher whose killing, captured on government aerial-camera footage that appears to show him with hands raised in surrender before being shot, made him a martyr.

Though Trump is as much a symptom as a cause of America's toxic polarisation, the passions he inspires among friend and foe alike have exacerbated it: during the 2016 election campaign, ­Arizona militias mounted armed patrols to support his border wall. In response, Redneck Revolt held a heavily armed show of force in Phoenix, Arizona, later posting a YouTube video showing members shooting semiautomatic rifles at targets displaying alt-right symbols. A few months later, Antifa convened an "anti-colonial anti-fascist community defence gathering" near Flagstaff, Arizona, that included weapons training and coaching in anti-police tactics. Today, far-left and far-right groups operate within close striking distance of each other in several border states and in "contested zones" including the Pacific Northwest, parts of Michigan, Pennsylvania, Virginia and the Carolinas.

The pandemic — and the grievances inspired by heavy-handed responses to it — have brought these tensions to a head. Camouflage-clad militia sporting semiautomatic rifles and body ­armour and riding in military-­surplus trucks joined an armed protest against the governor of Pennsylvania in April. Similar protests took place in Ohio and North Dakota. A week later demonstrators, some carrying AK-47 rifles, swarmed into the state ­capital in Lansing, Michigan, to confront politicians. A racial edge also emerged: a week after the Lansing incident a group of African-Americans, armed with AR-15 rifles and automatic pistols, mounted a show of force outside the Michigan State Capitol building to support a black member of the legislature. Class inequities, which track closely with racial disparities here, have prompted socialist groups — notably Antifa but also traditionally nonviolent Trotskyist and anarchist networks — to arm themselves for an incipient revolutionary moment.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  tombeet  

180 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING