Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

167 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

NEWS PAPER OR MEDIA ARTICLES, ANYTHING INTERESTING
mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:12 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Yesterday, 11:23 AM

And further on the bushfires:
From The Australian

NSW police believe a staggering 12 bushfires may have been deliberately lit by arsonists during Tuesday’s “catastrophic” fire conditions.

Acting Assistant Commissioner Stuart Smith said arson wasn’t a “five-minute job” and any suspected firebugs were likely to have methodically planned out their crime.

Commissioner Smith also evoked Victoria’s devastating Black Saturday bushfires when quizzed about the challenges faced by officers trying to catch an arsonist.

“We learnt a lot from the Black Saturday bushfires,” he told reporters on Wednesday.

“It’s methodical, tedious work but obviously there are several fires from yesterday that we are still looking at to determine if there is any suspicious behaviour.”

He pledged to “put people before a court” if officers determined arson was a factor behind any of Tuesday’s bushfires

If they get caught, they well just say it was an accidental dropped butt.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Yesterday, 11:23 AM
  Quote Post

The greens and others screaming that climate change is the cause of fires in OZ must be having an effect on the police.

From ABC NEWS

Queensland police say a discarded cigarette likely sparked the bushfire which destroyed 11 homes and the historic Binna Burra Lodge in the Gold Coast hinterland in September.

Key points
Police reveal the Binna Burra fire, that destroyed the historic Lodge and 11 houses, was caused by a discarded cigarette
Police will not lay charges against the two teenagers, aged 17 and 19
Fines apply in Queensland for people caught tossing cigarette butts
Officers said two local teenagers — aged 17 and 19 — had been questioned about the incident and detectives had determined the fire was an accident.

"A prosecution will not be commenced against those persons ... they are afforded privacy just like anyone else in their position," a QPS spokesperson said.

I just don't get it. Whatever happened to strict liability in Law?
Whatever happened to the idea that you are responsible for the outcome of your actions ??
A discarded cigarette butt. An accident?
Jeez I give up.
Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

nipper
post Posted: Nov 9 2019, 01:41 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 8 2019, 04:50 PM

As they were leaving the concert, what did one pill popper say to his mate as the drugs wore off?

"What is this sh*t music?"

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: Nov 8 2019, 04:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Nov 8 2019, 11:01 AM

It's not called Dope for nothing

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 8 2019, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

From ABC news
A coroner has recommended pill testing be conducted in NSW, the decriminalisation of personal drug use and the scrapping of sniffer dogs at music festivals.

An inquest investigated the drug-related deaths of six young people, aged 18 to 23, at NSW music festivals over two summers.

Delivering her findings on Friday, deputy state coroner Harriet Grahame said there was "compelling" evidence to support pill testing, which could "prompt behavioural change".

"Drug checking is simply an evidence-based harm reduction strategy that should be trialled as soon as possible in NSW," she said.

Ms Grahame said high-visibility and punitive policing operations at festivals had "inherent dangers and few if any benefits" and drug detection dogs should be scrapped.

She said the use of strip searches should be limited to circumstances where there is a "reasonable suspicion".

So, now governments have to pay for more stupidity by recreational drug users.

Surely money would be better spent on telling the idiots who take recreational drugs that there are serious consequences.

But now, we have to protect the snowflakes from their own stupidity.

I have seen first hand the damage that these so called recreational drugs cause.

Its not pretty, and has long lasting consequences.

Mick

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  Pendragon  boylep  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Nov 1 2019, 10:22 AM
  Quote Post

From The Australian

Gina Rinehart’s Hancock Prospecting has recorded one of the biggest profits by an Australian private company in recent history, the iron ore miner’s 2019 financial accounts reveal.

Hancock doubled its net profit to $2.6bn in the 2019 financial year, accounts lodged with the corporate regulator on Thursday evening show.

Mrs Rinehart’s business paid a huge $1.1bn in tax, up from $600m last year. Revenue, most of which is from iron ore sales, surged to $8.4bn from $5.8bn in 2018.

Mrs Rinehart is ranked second on The List — Australian’s Richest 250, published by The Australian, with estimated wealth of $13.12bn based on last year’s ­Hancock result.

Visy executive chairman Anthony Pratt narrowly beat Mrs Rinehart to top spot with an estimated wealth of $13.14bn.

Hancock paid $483m in dividends this year, down from $528m in 2018.

So good were its results this year that Hancock said it was paying down $US1bn debt in two chunks, one this month and the rest early next year.

Mrs Rinehart’s wealth is derived from a majority stake in the company, which has huge mining, agriculture and investment assets.

The jewel in the crown is the Roy Hill iron ore mine.

Last month, Mrs Rinehart added the Warrabah Station in the New England region of NSW to her already substantial holdings. A run of agricultural purchases by the mining magnate is broadening the scope of her empire and diversifying its earnings.

Hancock Prospecting is among the largest landholders in the country.

A smart, capable no nonsense lady cfdarrying oncontinuing and expanding the work started by her father.

No swiss bank accounts, no fancy transfer pricing to Singapore shelf companies.

A woman in charge of a company that pays a billion in Tax.

No quotas here .

Not a word from the sisterhood.

I guess for the woke sisters, mining, meat from cattle production, are really bad things.

Perhaps they should offer to give back the tainted tax money,.

Mick

--------------------

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

blacksheep
post Posted: Oct 21 2019, 01:00 PM
  Quote Post

A dodgy CEO, an energy company threatening lives: Who are they?
There's a stockbroking house whose CEO has made a fortune from alleged insider trading and other forms of market manipulation at the expense of clients. He has allegedly salted tens of millions of dollars of the illegal proceeds into Swiss accounts to avoid detection.

In his previous roles in wealth management organisations he left a trail of destruction

I can't tell you who he is or identify the companies involved because a whistleblower who told me about the story pulled out of going public in late 2016.

There's also an energy company that I believe is putting people's lives at risk to keep costs down and profits up. I met with the whistleblower on two occasions, spoke numerous times on the phone and was shown a series of damning emails. I can't write about that either because the whistleblower was offered a settlement in return for their silence. The whistleblower weighed up the risks of going public and couldn't justify them. It means the cover-up continues.

read more - https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/a...020-p532d7.html

About time whistle blower laws were changed - these issues are important

Also a good initiative from the media outlets - Your Right To Know - https://yourrighttoknow.com.au

] Australia, you're being kept in the dark[/b]

Australia's Right to Know is a coalition of Australia's leading media organisations and industry groups, formed more than a decade ago to protect the Australian public's right to know. Find out more > set up by major media organisations wanting changes to freed

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

early birds
post Posted: Oct 21 2019, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/10/20/brexit-vote...happen-now.html

Capital Economics called Saturday’s vote “a decent result for the economy and the pound as it makes a no deal Brexit on 31st October even less likely.” But it added that “it does extend the uncertainty that has been hampering growth for a least a bit longer.”

Analysts at Deutsche Bank said “the outlook for a Brexit resolution remains constructive,” explaining that the makeup of the voting on Saturday actually meant that Johnson could receive enough backing for his deal at a later date.

The bank also said it would “retain our constructive outlook on the U.K., and long sterling and short U.K. real yield recommendations.”

If Brexit already seems complicated, it might be about to get a whole lot more so
=======================

start to getting frustrated for everyone and all the party whom involved ....

nipper
post Posted: Oct 17 2019, 11:54 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: early birds's post @ Oct 17 2019, 11:38 AM

Son & Drivers Licence - best thing ever for me! (he was a swimmer, training was 6 days a week 5:30-7:00am.)

--------------------

Said 'Thanks' for this post: early birds  

early birds
post Posted: Oct 17 2019, 11:38 AM
  Quote Post

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/forget-re...6?mod=home-page

6. Your son just got his driver’s license.

=============================

i reckon it should be the No1 on the list. sadsmiley02.gif

167 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING