Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

Reply to this topic

transferring shares
mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 14 2020, 10:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: dimka2811's post @ Sep 14 2020, 09:51 PM

Can't answer that for you mate
You woukd need to talk to Canadian authorities.
Not sure if it will help you though, unless the entity has a presence in OZ, and is registered with ASIC etc etc.
Good luck with that!
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: dimka2811  

dimka2811
post Posted: Sep 14 2020, 09:51 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Sep 14 2020, 06:12 PM

thank you for your reply. i was looking at IG and tradestation. tradestation are yet to reply and IG got confused with what i was asking and thought i was talking about transferring within their own platform. is it possible to register with an overseas entity under a company? i have a registered company in canada. could i use it to register for a canadian trading platform account?

mullokintyre
post Posted: Sep 14 2020, 06:12 PM
  Quote Post

Not sure if thats possible under current laws.
I believe that the entity to which you want to transfer the shares must be registered in OZ.
Australian shares traded on other platforms external to OZ usually use some form of ADR. (Australin Deposit rRceipts).
It will very much depend on the entity where you wish to trade them to.
The ATO might want to have a say , just in case they deem this to be a capital gains triggering event.
And speaking from experience, NABTRADE will do everything in its power (and then some) to make it difficult.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: dimka2811  

dimka2811
post Posted: Sep 14 2020, 04:00 PM
  Quote Post

hi all,
was wondering if someone could point me in the right direction please. i currently trade with nabtrade. i am wanting to transfer my existing Australian shares to an international trading platform (outside Australia). does anyone know of such platforms that can accept Australian share transfers?

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING