Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BON, BONAPARTE DIAMOND MINES NL
onurb
post Posted: Jun 4 2009, 05:06 PM
  Quote Post

Not long to go now before the MAK offer closes. Are there any BON shareholders who are not going to accept?

RADIO
post Posted: Sep 17 2008, 04:41 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (10/09/2008 14:00:00):
BON - Africa Down Under Conference Presentation - Mr Michael Woodborne, Managing Director

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RADIO
post Posted: Apr 29 2008, 12:57 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (23/04/2008 09:45:00):
BON - Record Sales Price - Mr Michael Woodborne, Managing Director

N.B. ShareScene.com Radio can normally be accessed by the 'RADIO' link, top of every page.
ShareScene.com Radio delivers investor presentations from ASX listed companies. Keep up to date with the latest corporate dealings of the shares you follow. Hear news direct from the source. Listen to directors and investor relations mangers discuss their company, give investor updates and brief on current results. ShareScene.com Radio keeps you informed about company announcements and events, and provides you daily market wraps and industry discussions.

leannegw
post Posted: Apr 6 2008, 12:41 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: donnaleighh on Sunday 06/04/08 09:46am

cool.gif Hi Donna,

I did not get that news item on BON but it made good reading. Perhaps I am still a sceptic,diamonds yep but phosphate nup. Just cant see how they can get vast quantities up off the seabed to make it pay. I will watch though with interest. Check out on ABC radio tonight - Sunday night 9pm interview with lawyer - name escapes me that did the deal for RWD and the local nungarr peoples. The bit that I heard this morning sounds like some good press. It has rained big time here in WA so the demand for phosphate fertilizers should really kick off with a bang. My news is that there are non available in SA unless ordered way back. Our state now that the rains have come will see a huge demand for this commodity. Yippie LGW

donnaleighh
post Posted: Apr 6 2008, 09:46 AM
  Quote Post

ABC coverage over the weekend....

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2008/04/05/2208785.htm

donnaleighh
post Posted: Apr 4 2008, 03:04 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: leannegw on Thursday 03/04/08 06:02pm

Leanne, Welcome!

Ya, I started looking at BON round Xmas time when someone gave me a heads up to it, as they knew I was doing some research on diamond industry. I didn't jump in at the time as I felt completely unversed on the marine mining aspects. However I was impressed with the management team.

Since then the phosphate story is starting to unfold and we hear that they have known presence of phosphate in the area for some time but that with the current market shifts in phosphate demand and pricing, it became more of a priority to investigate further which seems at the present time to be what they are pretty aggressively pursuing.

Since this time I have done more research on the marine mining and trying to keep a better ear to the ground on BON, especially when it has not had (til recently) much noise around it. Again, the current makeup of management give me confidence with their links with MAK, STB, HDR etc. I have also listened to most of the BRR stuff and they come across to be very confident and bullish, not only on the phosphate potential but also issues around sovereign risk, the partnership with Gvt of Namibia etc, and there appears to be good and relevant experience in all of these aspects.

In the end, my decision was that it was worth (to me) a small punt at prices of last few weeks - pending some further research and to see how the story unfolds, so that is where I sit and hold at the present time. If I wake up and find it at a dollar or two in the next 18 months great - or if it retraces and I sell, well so be it. I have not entered as a key play in my portfollio.

Anyway, I have done some more research on the marine mining stuff and will post here over the weekend for anyone who is interested - will in the least be interesting to start sharing views and research on the thread.

In the meantime, got a hot date with my son at a skate park - hope everyone has a great weekend! Cheers DL

leannegw
post Posted: Apr 3 2008, 06:02 PM
  Quote Post

In reply to: donnaleighh on Tuesday 18/03/08 05:33pm

cool.gif Hi Donna,

I have been looking at BON for the past three weeks. Great bit of radio media on W.A. ABC radio with interview with CEO 2 weeks ago. All sounds interesting but --- I find it a bit hard to imagine just how hard it will be to get the potassium up and out of the seabed and into a salable form, Hey I am just a little old farmer girl and this sounds like pie in the sky stuff to me. Yes the world supply of potassium is in shortage and companies like MAK & RWD are getting organised to start mining but these guys are on land!.any comments would be appreciated[COLOR=blue] cool.gif

donnaleighh
post Posted: Apr 3 2008, 03:03 PM
  Quote Post

Been O/S for a bit - nice to get back to see that my hunch on BON has paid off a tad - seems to be trying to put itself on the map with decent spikes and solid volume in the last couple of days - there is some good BRR stuff out there - management is very bullish on potential and seems pretty solid over all field aspects, technical, market as well as geographical and political climate.

Interesting to keep an eye on for sure - I hold since my previous post. DL

donnaleighh
post Posted: Mar 18 2008, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

Hi all, Interested to know and share thoughts if anyone is taking a look at Bonaparte at the moment?

To be frank, my initial thoughts were that they were jumping the phosphate PR bandwagon, on closer look, seems they are pretty serious about exploring this potential further and in the immediate future.

I have been recently struck by the team of Directors who are earning current brownie points through their involvement in MAK, KEY and others as well as previous directorships with HDR.

Anyway, not much talk here on SS about it - but definately interested in sharing thoughts and research.

I don't hold at present, although somewhat tempted with pending 1:4 offer at end of the month. Thoughts!??

Donna

RADIO
post Posted: Mar 18 2008, 12:07 PM
  Quote Post

user posted image
Recent ShareScene.com Radio Broadcast (11/03/2008 11:00:00):
BON - Positive First Results for Marine Phosphate Project - Mr Michael Woodborne, Managing Director

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING