Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

MOZ, MOSAIC BRANDS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: May 27 2021, 03:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 27 2021, 03:54 PM

mind you, the pointy end of trying to turn a dollar can lead to excesses and the usual bumph

Mosaic Brands fined after misleading consumers over hand sanitiser​
Clothing retailer Mosaic Brands is counting the cost of selling useless hand sanitiser and dodgy face marks at the height of the coronavirus crisis.

The retailer, which owns clothing chains Noni B, Millers, Katies, Rockmans, Autograph and Rivers, has been forced to pay penalties of $630,000 after admitting to breaching consumer laws by making false or misleading claims about hand sanitiser and face masks advertised on its websites and via direct marketing between March and June last year.

According to the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission, Mosaic Brands advertised that its Air Clean hand sanitiser contained 70 per cent alcohol, but a sample tested by the ACCC was found to contain only 17 per cent alcohol.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 27 2021, 03:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Mar 10 2017, 01:16 PM

On 26 November, 2019, Noni B Limited (NBL) changed its name and ASX code to Mosaic Brands Limited (MOZ).

Mosaic Brands Limited (MOZ) is the largest specialty fashion retailer group in Australia. The company has brands that include Millers, Rockmans, Noni B, Rivers, Katies, Autograph, W. Lane, Crossroads and Beme. MOZ span the country with almost 1,400 stores nationally.

That was then; a few of those brands and outlets have fallen, and then came Covid. With attendant argy bargy with the big shopping centre REITs. Trading before 2020 in the $2.50 to $3 range, the SP was dropping pre pandemic Bottoming out at less than 50c, it has not rebounded and is now under 70c a share

Fashion retail giant to close up to 500 stores after pandemic ravages sales

25 Aug, 2020

Fashion retailer Mosaic Brands will close up to 500 stores across the country after it recorded a $212 million loss due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The company behind clothing brands Rivers, Millers, Katies and Noni B had been "utterly derailed" by the coronavirus, Mosaic Brands CEO Scott Evans told shareholders at the announcement of its full-year results.

Mosaic Brands said the leases on nearly 80 per cent of its 1333 stores will expire over the next two years and it plans to close 300 to 500 of those over that time frame.

The company, which has 6000 employees, reported a statutory loss before tax of $212.1 million, a plunge of 1900 per cent on the prior year's statutory profit of $11 million. Revenue fell 16.5 per cent to $736.7 million. The fashion retailer did not declare a dividend. Online sales grew just 14.7 per cent during the year, far lower than other retailers.

As well as the coronavirus, Mosaic Brands said the devastating bushfires across Christmas and New Year periods badly hit sales.

The move to permanently shut more than a third of its store network comes after 129 of its stores in Westfield shopping centres were closed by landlord Scentre Group.

The retail rental market in Australia is not paused because of the pandemic ... it is fundamentally changed for the future. Some though not all landlords accept that reality, so while exact locations and numbers are to be determined, the group anticipates potentially 300 to 500 store closures over the coming 12 to 24 months, Mr Evans said. Shuttered stores work for no one so we aim to minimise closures, but not on uncommercial terms.

then the 26 Oct 202 trading update had mixed news.

..Consistent with our comments at the 2020 full year results announcement, since August we have closed 73 stores in response to unrealistic rental requests and a permanent shift towards online purchases, said Mosaic CEO Scott Evans.

Our online sales for the first quarter are up 31% on the previous corresponding period (PCP), with the amount of SKUs or items available on our websites growing from 150,000 to over 250,000 in just eight weeks
.”

Mr Evans said the growth of online, reduced discounting and a 50% drop in inventory holdings, had seen margins grow to 67% compared to 61.8% for the PCP.

We are encouraged that a number of landlords have in recent weeks come to the table on rental reductions but not all have and we expect up to a further 250 store closures by June 2021, said Mr Evans.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

alonso
post Posted: Mar 10 2017, 01:16 PM
  Quote Post

This might be worth looking at again towards FY results. There seems to have been a great turnaround and they are forecasting resumption of divs then. They last paid a div in 2014.
If PMV can do it then why not NBL?

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Jul 20 2012, 10:15 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: alonso's post @ Jul 19 2012, 01:41 PM

How do they do it? According to Mr Kindle it's good old customer service mainly???

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

alonso
post Posted: Jul 19 2012, 01:41 PM
  Quote Post

Market update. F/Y after tax profit up by around 13% on revenue increase around 2 %. How do they do it while the other rag traders are floundering?

Don't know what I am excited about as I am looking for UNATTAINABLE recoupment of losses. Still I'm not that much dog in the manger that I can't be happy for those that bought in the pits . . .if there are any.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jun 29 2010, 11:01 AM
  Quote Post

CBA takes up 5%. Are they looking for a turnaround or is there a t/o lurking?
Solomon Llew frinstance?

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jun 10 2010, 11:09 AM
  Quote Post

Not the reaction Mr Kindl would have been hoping for following a rather
brief market update. Still it's not widely traded so you have to expect major bumps.
There was a fairly non-committal write up in one of the major dailies the other
day, might have been the Australian.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jul 10 2009, 02:49 PM
  Quote Post

ah, the loneliness of the long-distance NBL poster!

well, it didn't seem that bad an update to me, in fact quite positive . .but we get a
5% slump
don't these people have any optimism at all?

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Jan 9 2009, 02:20 PM
  Quote Post

http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/showA...?idsID=00918565

not a bad result in the circumstances . .I don't suppose the Kindl's would consider selling out or would they?

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Oct 30 2008, 10:08 AM
  Quote Post

all hands to the pumps!
I hold (on)

--------------------

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING