Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CXY, COUGAR ENERGY LIMITED
arty
post Posted: Nov 1 2011, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

interesting news out today:
QLD:Contamination may help Cougar sue Qld govt
KINGAROY
By Kym Agius
BRISBANE, Nov 1 AAP - Miner Cougar Energy believes cancer-causing chemicals found in bore water on southeast Queensland farmland could help it win its court case against the Queensland government.
Low levels of thiocyanate and formaldehyde, a known carcinogen, were detected in a widespread area on the Kingaroy property.
The Department of Environment and Resource Management (DERM) on Monday said the contamination was "most likely" caused by recent or historical agricultural products, not by Cougar Energy.
The government has made it clear that the mining company has no link to the current contamination.
The contamination was found during routine tests near Cougar Energy's underground coal gasification pilot, which was shut down after the cancer-causing chemical benzene was found in a monitoring bore on the site last year.
Cougar Energy chairman Malcolm McAully said the finding of the chemicals on the farm could help the company win its court case against the government over the shutdown of the mine.
He said it was ironic that the farmers in the area who had campaigned against the mining project due to perceived risks to groundwater could be responsible for contamination.
"As opposed to relying on the facts, they rely on misinformation to campaign against Cougar," Mr McAully told AAP on Tuesday.
Cougar is seeking $34 million from the state government and three bureaucrats in damages for the shutting of the mine, alleging negligence and breach of statutory duties in their administration of the state's Environmental Protection Act.
Cougar will argue DERM incorrectly applied quality guidelines for the contamination of drinking water, instead of non-potable water guidelines, as set out in their permit.
The bores at the Kingaroy plant were not accessible for drinking, and should have therefore been bound by a much higher contamination threshold level - 950 parts per billion (ppb) - instead of 1 ppb for drinking water, it says.
Mr McAully said the most recent contamination showed that stricter monitoring by farmers of their bores should be enforced.
Drew Wagner from AgForce said the government had only found that farming was the "most likely" cause of the contamination, and he would wait for further test results to confirm this.
He said there had been no historical use of those chemicals on the farm and one of the springs was fed from the land the Cougar development was on.
"We're waiting with anticipation on what those further investigations will show," he told AAP.
AAP ka/gd/mat/wjf

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nifty49  

nifty49
post Posted: Oct 17 2011, 10:17 AM
  Quote Post

Congratulations to the Board of Cougar on today's announcement.

The Queensland Govt and DERM will be examined closely.

Nifty

arty
post Posted: Jul 8 2011, 02:09 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: LRR's post @ Jul 8 2011, 01:39 PM

Glad I'm not holding

You can say that again. Same here: I got rid of mine as soon as 2.4c failed.

wrt to tanking or not tanking: There are several projects O/Seas, where the UCG process has been accepted. The local paranoia must have been factored in quite some time ago, so this latest announcement came as no surprise.

Attached Image

--------------------
I trade daily, but I am not a licensed adviser. Whether you find my ideas reasonable or not: The only person responsible for your actions is YOU.
I follow two rules: (1) There are no sacred truths. All assumptions must be critically examined. Arguments from authority are worthless. (2) Whatever is inconsistent with observed facts must be discarded or revised. We must understand the Market as it is and not confuse how it is with how we wish it to be. (inspired by Carl Sagan)

LRR
post Posted: Jul 8 2011, 01:39 PM
  Quote Post

Media Announcement:
The Department of Environment and Resource Management has today upheld its proposal to stop Cougar Energy recommencing Underground Coal Gasification at its trial plant near Kingaroy.
The department today advised Cougar Energy that its Environmental Authority had been amended so that only rehabilitation and monitoring could be conducted. No further Underground Coal Gasification will be permitted at the site.

After this kind of ann. I would have assumed that the SP would have tanked? (that is from 1 and a half cents). CXY was trading in the teens before the initial problems with the wells.
Glad I'm not holding weirdsmiley.gif

arty
post Posted: Jun 7 2011, 11:52 AM
  Quote Post

an interesting presentation has been released today: http://www.asx.com.au/asx/statistics/displ...;idsId=01187039

Combined with recent announcements about cooperation in China, that can easily rekindle interest.
Chart-wise, it does seem reasonably supported at current levels. I bought a few - speccie rules.
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------

arty
post Posted: Apr 7 2011, 09:48 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: N.M.Mer.'s post @ Apr 1 2011, 10:25 AM

Trading Halt till Monday - capital raising to "sophisticated investors" announced

--------------------

N.M.Mer.
post Posted: Apr 1 2011, 10:25 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nash's post @ Apr 1 2011, 09:40 AM

Yeah, I would be excited too if I had not bought in at 0.079.

--------------------
Disclaimer : Believe nothing I write .

nash
post Posted: Apr 1 2011, 09:40 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nifty49's post @ Mar 31 2011, 04:03 PM

this comp rocketed
in the last 2 days

oh my biggrin.gif

--------------------

[center]1 perfect day[/center]

nifty49
post Posted: Mar 31 2011, 04:03 PM
  Quote Post

Closed up 90.9% today. Turnover 513 million?

Speeding ticket or news or both coming?

Nifty

nifty49
post Posted: Mar 31 2011, 02:22 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: matt75's post @ Jan 29 2011, 11:35 AM

Not the end. Far from it. SP up 100 % in 2 days on seriously large volume

Back to 4 from 2!

China and Mongolia action pending.

Nifty

27 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING