Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

RNT, RENT.COM.AU LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Feb 9 2021, 08:57 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 2 2021, 01:32 PM

About Capital Trust and Bevan Slattery: Capital [ b ] Trust is an investment vehicle for the Slattery family with a focus in technology platforms and digital infrastructure.

from the AFR

Slattery has beefed up his family office, Capital [b ], recruiting a bunch of tech sector and financial services types in what is a clear sign he's rolling up his sleeves and keen to get back in on the action.

He's hired former Credit Suisse Australia head of financial sponsors banker and QIC private equity dealmaker Evan Kilpatrick as Capital [ b ] chief investment officer, and global telco executive Jim Clarke to run SUB.CO, a dark fibre investment.

And Slattery has also recruited the services of Kate Jones, another Queenslander who served as a minister in the state's government and ran a bunch of portfolios including innovation and state development.
All up, it is understood Slattery has more than doubled the Capital [ b ] team in recent months.

So the smart money is on Slattery making a big play, and the big question is where he and his hefty team plan to strike. His traditional hunting ground is in the technology sector, and specifically cloud, data and infrastructure. They're all pretty hot areas, thanks to buyers like MIRA snapping up assets left, right and centre.

Slattery's existing investments include Oman Australia Cable, sonar radar group Fiber Sense and ASX-listed software companies intelliHR and Pointerra

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

terrine
post Posted: Feb 8 2021, 11:04 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: gollygosh's post @ Jul 2 2015, 10:26 AM

Yes we have addressed this issue on this forum before

terrine
post Posted: Feb 8 2021, 10:31 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Feb 8 2021, 10:26 AM

The blue sky here is real if things go as planned
Got to have a win every now and then

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 8 2021, 10:26 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Feb 8 2021, 09:45 AM

Congratulations, hope you make a motza.
mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

terrine
post Posted: Feb 8 2021, 09:45 AM
  Quote Post

HUUUUUGE volume in the first hour of trade
This gunna be a 10 bagger and its only just returned to issue pricing this morning...

nipper
post Posted: Feb 3 2021, 08:06 PM
  Quote Post

Trying to understand it: (up another 40% today, close at 18.5c and an intra day high of 22c)

From the Motley Fool, yesterday:

Rent.com.au Ltd (ASX: RNT) share price is exploding today in dramatic fashion. Rent.com.au shares closed at 4.3 cents each last week (before the company was placed in a trading halt). However, Rent.com.au opened this morning at 10 cents a share and have rocketed even higher since. At the time of writing, the Rent share price is trading at 12 cents a share, up a staggering 167%. It's the highest share price this company has touched since 2016.

So who is Rent.com.au? And why is it experiencing such a dramatic jump in value today?

Rent.com.au is an online provider of rental advertising for renters and landlords. It operates an online marketplace in a similar fashion to its far-larger rival REA Group Ltd's (ASX: REA) realestate.com.au website and Domain Holdings Australia Ltd (ASX: DHG)'s domain.com.au.

According to the company, Rent.com.au's mission is "to deliver excellent services for renters and all marketers of rental properties". Additionally, the company aims to "become the home for renters with the widest possible choice of homes in one convenient location".

Rent.com.au also offers several "exclusive and industry-first products and tools" as well. These include Renter Resume, RentBond, RentConnect, RentCheck, RentPay and RentReports, amongst others. These products and tools collectively serve to "simplify the renting process for renters, landlords, and agents".

The company has delivered some head-turning numbers of late. Just last week, Rent.com.au released a quarterly update. In this update, investors were informed that the company brought in $734,000 in revenue (remember, this is a small company). That was a 27% improvement year on year. Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation, and amortisation (EBITDA) also experienced a 55% improvement year on year.

However, the company's earnings are yet to break even.

So why are shares of this little-known company exploding today?

Well, it's probably the result of an ASX market release the company put out this morning before market open. In this announcement, Rent.com.au informed investors that Australian tech entrepreneur Bevan Slattery has made a substantial investment in the company. Rent.com.au tells us that Mr Slattery has received 55 million newly issued ordinary shares as a result of his $2.75 million investment. These shares were placed at a price of 5 cents a share (meaning he has already almost tripled his money on today's share price gains). Rent.com.au stated that it intends to use this funding injection to provide "additional capital to accelerate RNT's transformation of the renting experience".

Rent.com.au CEO Greg Bader had this to say on the deal:
Bevan has a well-earned reputation for innovation and disruption across the technology sector and having Bevan come on board as a major shareholder is fantastic. I am excited that Bevan shares our vision for the platform and this additional investment will allow us to maximise the potential of our upcoming RentPay launch and provide additional working capital for marketing and product development.

The company's release also quoted Mr Slattery on his investment:
I love disruptive platforms that have the ability to scale and Rent.com.au has great potential to achieve that goal. I look forward to supporting the board and management team and am excited to be backing another innovative Australian technology platform.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

mullokintyre
post Posted: Feb 2 2021, 01:35 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Feb 2 2021, 01:17 PM

I had a look at rentpay a while back, but I did not understand their business model.
Initially I assumed that they were just another "rent seeker" (excuse the pun) whereby they insert themselves between the tennant and the landlord and clip the money as it transferred between the two.
But then when you look at the website, it states on the front page that for Agents at least, "there are no ongoing subscription fees".
However, when you go into their FAQ, I see the following statement:
When do I pay my fees?
RentPay levy your fees via direct debit from your nominated bank account on the first business day of each month. The amount will be made up of your membership fee plus any additional transaction costs that may apply to you. Please note this could take up to 3 days to process.

So there are obviously fees, but for the life of me, I could not find out what they were on the website.
When you look at the "advantages" they offer, I am even less impressed.
I don't know why you need their assistance to set up automatic deductions for rent - you can do that through your bank.
They talk about "worlds best practice" security so the agents and tennants details are secure.
Well they are even more secure if you don't give those details to a third party.

I would need a lot more info before giving them any of my money.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: balance  

nipper
post Posted: Feb 2 2021, 01:32 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Feb 2 2021, 12:50 PM

I think you may be right .... but I have never seen Bevan S to be a passive investor
About Capital Trust and Bevan Slattery: Capital [ b ] Trust is an investment vehicle for the Slattery family with a focus in technology platforms and digital infrastructure.

Mr Slattery is a well known Australian technology entrepreneur and has over 20 years' experience in founding and investing in early stage technology companies including PIPE Networks Limited (formerly ASX:PWK), NEXTDC Limited (ASX:NXT), Superloop Limited (ASX:SLC) and Megaport Limited (ASX:MP1) as well as NEXTDC spin-out, Asia Pacific Data Centre Trust (ASX:AJD).

yes, this RNT move seems to be evolving into a tech platform, but there isn't too much physical or engineering stuff involved. In fact, the Rent Bond aspect looks like BNPL as much as anything.
A move now, pay later product that helps renters bridge the gap from one rental to another by financing their bond online.

the full service offering comprises:
Rent Check
... An easy way for a renter to verify their ID and check for any reported breaches in their tenancy history, giving them an edge on their application.

Rent Bond ... A move now, pay later product that helps renters bridge the gap from one rental to another by financing their bond online.

Rent Connect ... A free and easy to use utility connection service in partnership with AGL that not only makes moving hassle free – ensuring the lights are on and the water is hot when a renter moves into their new place but also provides the renter with a $100 gift card to help them turn a house into a home.

Renter Resume ... Renters can streamline their rental search with Renter Resume. Creating it once and using it to apply for as many properties as they like.

Rent Pay ... Rental payments in the palm of their hand. Renters can make payments, track payments, view their rental history, and set-up reminders.

........... now up 200%. Following Bevan S is usually profitable MP1 and SLC have been good (as long as one is prepared to trade them

--------------------

balance
post Posted: Feb 2 2021, 01:17 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: terrine's post @ Feb 2 2021, 12:50 PM

That's extraordinary. Well done guys!

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

terrine
post Posted: Feb 2 2021, 12:50 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 2 2021, 12:20 PM

Hi Nipper
Most importantly it appears he has brought attention, just look at the volume today

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING