Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >   

Reply to this topic

Greens party - Bob gone
flower
post Posted: Jul 10 2012, 09:49 AM
  Quote Post

At the last election Labour saw its salvation in a "liason" with the Greens.

Bob jumped ship a few weeks ago, and now we have the spectacle of the two former partner organisations tearing each other apart in public--just watch the markets reaction when formal split papers are filed!

--------------------
Combining Fundamental comments with Fundamental charts.

mullokintyre
post Posted: May 1 2012, 04:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ May 1 2012, 12:34 AM

I doubt Oakshot or Windsor will cross the floor and support a no confidence motion.
They would be voting themselves out of influence, and most likely a job.
While there is a hung parliament, their importance is significant to the Government, and thus have considerable leverage.
In a different parliament they would have little if any leverage.
And the polls would suggest that both are likely to lose their seats.
Just can't see either of them voting themselves out of a job.
Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: grevillia  

flower
post Posted: May 1 2012, 12:34 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 22 2012, 05:12 PM

My point is this: Given the chances of any Labour legislation now getting through the House of Reps is minimal--what effect will all this have on our Stockmarket icon14.gif

Since some posts on this, one of the most vital issues affecting us all, have "disappeared" following the last 48 hours of increasing desparation by this dying administration, we are at least entitled to ask the question

" When will 2 politicians have the moral intestinal fortutude to cross over to the other side or sit in their seat when the inevitable motion of NO CONFIDENCE is called, and vote this disaster prone outfit out of office for the Nation's wellbeing worldwide.

We should not be an international laughing stock.

--------------------

alonso
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 02:39 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mrbear's post @ Apr 23 2012, 11:56 AM

RE your soapbox comments mrbear, there is a deal of similarity here with what I call the new feudal system or baronetcy, being the out-of-control situation with institution-propped boards of directors taking we humble shareholders to the cleaners.
PS balance, in deference to your sensibilities I withdraw my reference to Joan Crawford (maybe I could slip in Nora Batty instead?). I suppose meaner than a brown snake is OK though since it was meant in the context of the Greens being hellbent on taking away my money and destroying our economic wellbeing.

--------------------
"The optimist proclaims that we live in the best of all possible worlds. The pessimist fears this is true"

"What is prudence in the conduct of every private family can scarce be folly in that of a great kingdom." Adam Smith

mrbear
post Posted: Apr 23 2012, 11:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: sirob's post @ Apr 22 2012, 06:08 PM

Ironically i have spoken to slipper years ago and from the news he has not changed at all.

People called him slippery then and that was the impression i had as well and he would have been thrown out of,police ,legal,customs,etc jobs long ago but can remain a politician and pollies in general cannot understand why the majority of the population mistrust them.

Whilst on my soapbox they are going to cut welfare payments as well though they enjoy huge after pollie benifits for life but woe betide some poor soul that has flogged their guts out working all their life and has the gall to want to receive some benefits later on.
There has always been this class distinction i know but coming from a labour party goes against their core policies.

The old saying ,sleep with dogs and wake up with fleas comes straight to mind,cheers mrbear

Said 'Thanks' for this post: Petert20  

sirob
post Posted: Apr 22 2012, 06:08 PM
  Quote Post

Peter Slipper has resigned as Speaker of the House of Representatives amid claims he sexually harassed a male staffer, Sky News reports.

Mr Slipper released a statement on Sunday saying he "emphatically" denied allegations he sexually harassed a former staffer.

"The allegations include both a claim of criminal behaviour and claim under civil law," he said.

Any allegation of criminal behaviour was grave and should be dealt with in a manner that showed appropriate regard to the integrity of Australia's democratic institutions and to precedent, he said.

"As such, I believe it is appropriate for me to stand aside as Speaker while this criminal allegation is resolved."

He says the allegation by former close aide James Ashby is incorrect, and once that's been made clear, he'll return to the position of Speaker.

In the meantime, the Deputy Speaker, Labor MP Anna Burke, will act as Speaker.

What disgusting reporting did he resign or stand aside or perhaps stood aside then resigned ?????

sirob
post Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:33 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: flower's post @ Apr 22 2012, 05:12 PM

Given the chances of any Labour legislation now getting through the House of Reps is minimal--what effect will all this have on our Stockmarket

very little if any imo, think the lack of confidence is in government not in which one.

Slipper!!!! what an very unfortunate name to have under the present circumstances.

flower
post Posted: Apr 22 2012, 05:12 PM
  Quote Post

Seaker Peter Slipper stepped aside this PM at 3.30.

Anna Burke, Labour, Victoria takes his place whilst things unfold.

This means that the political numbers get shifted quite dramatically to 74 Labour--73 Coalition

Think this comment sums it all up:

"Speaking on Sky News's Australian Agenda program, Senator Eric Abetz chided Labor for being "propped up" by Mr Thomson and Mr Slipper.

"The Craig Thomson saga and the Peter Slipper saga (are) unfortunately making Australia and its parliament a laughing stock right around the world," Mr Abetz said".

My point is this: Given the chances of any Labour legislation now getting through the House of Reps is minimal--what effect will all this have on our Stockmarket icon14.gif

--------------------

mme
post Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:54 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Apr 16 2012, 03:44 PM

From my perspective and I assume you post wasn't directed at me I really don't care if they were model material. I've seen first hand the power they have in Tassie and imo the detrimental effect they have had on Tassie's economy and growth!

Personally I actually liked Bob BROWN but the Greens in Tassie imo have too much say! biggrin.gif

balance
post Posted: Apr 16 2012, 03:44 PM
  Quote Post

Really enjoying this.
Can we have a few more posts putting crap on people for being gay and judging women in politics on how they look.

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: gjh  triage  

3 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 >

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING