Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

ACL, AUSTRALIAN CLINICAL LABS LIMITED
nipper
post Posted: Jun 3 2021, 12:44 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 5 2021, 01:00 PM

ACL has upgraded prospectus full year net profit guidance by 10 per cent to 15 per cent due to increased revenue and the improved running of the overall business. The $717 million company was listed on the ASX by former owners private equity firm Crescent Capital Partners on May 17. The firm still owns a large chunk of the listed business.

ACL said costs, not including consumables, have remained in line or below forecasts.

Full year pro forma sales are now tipped to be up 2 per cent to 3 per cent to between $657.7 million and $663.3 million for the full year to December 31, while expected EBITDA will be 5 per cent to 7 per cent higher to between $217.4 million and $222.3 million.

ACL now expects pro forma net profit after tax to be up 10 per cent to 15 per cent to between $82 million and $85.4 million.

Up 7.3 per cent to $3.81 each in early trade on Thursday morning; of course the listing price was $4.00 per share.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 5 2021, 01:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ May 5 2021, 12:43 PM

ACL has been owned by mid-market Australian PE firm Crescent Capital, which bought Healthscope's pathology business for $105 million to create the company in 2015.

Crescent would own 34.6 per cent of the company on listing, while its co-investors (Bank of America and Goldman Sachs) would have another 9.8 per cent. Crescent’s Michael Alscher was listed as the company’s non-executive chairman.

Coming on at 15 times PE.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

nipper
post Posted: May 5 2021, 12:43 PM
  Quote Post

Australian Clinical Labs Ltd (ACL) is a leading private provider of pathology services in Australia. ACL annually collects, analyses and reports on 8.3 million episodes via its national network of 995 collection centres, 30 clinics and 86 accredited laboratories.

ACL is one of the largest private pathology providers to hospitals nationally, servicing over 90 private and public hospitals. In its four established regions of Western Australia, Victoria, South Australia and the Northern Territory, ACL has an equivalent market position in community pathology to Sonic Healthcare and Healius. ACL also has a growing presence in New South Wales and the Australian Capital Territory and has recently expanded into Queensland.

ACL had pro forma revenues of $595.1 million and pro forma EBITDA of $178.6 million for the 12 months to 31 December 2020.

After raising $408million, fully underwritten by Merrill Lynch Equities (Australia) Limited and Goldman Sachs Australia Pty Ltd (Joint Lead Manager) via a PDS at $4.00 a share, ACL will list on the ASX on 12 May 2021

--------------------

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING