Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

A reminder to all members that you agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

986 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

BLT, BENITEC BIOPHARMA LIMITED
plastic
post Posted: Yesterday, 12:19 PM
  Quote Post

The rule of thumb is, if everyone is expecting something, especially on the stock market, then don't expect it.

Everyone is expecting MRNA Covid data this week. I want to see it this week but now, I think it's Christmas we need to be looking at.

If America were in control of the situation, we would see something this week. I don't think they are somehow.

--------------------
What did Uncle Mel do to us?

plastic
post Posted: Nov 23 2020, 07:19 PM
  Quote Post

Commercial negotiations will be way ahead of any FDA decision. MRNA set to release data this week. Thanksgiving week. I'm sure that's just a fluke.

It leaves just 2.5 weeks for a deal to go down before the FDA decision.

A panel of outside experts that advises the FDA is expected to meet on December 10 to discuss Pfizer's application for an emergency use authorization.
Slaoui, a former executive at GlaxoSmithKline and Moderna board member, said also Sunday that the Pfizer vaccine could be distributed to some people in the US as early as December 11 if it received an authorization on the same day the panel convenes to discuss it.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 22 2020, 09:57 AM
  Quote Post

The reason the US-EU FTA deal is classified, can't be reported on and still not done?
Scrap Thanksgiving. It's gonna be Christmas.

]Sat, November 21, 2020, 6:00 PM ESTFRANKFURT, Nov 22 (Reuters) -

Moderna will charge governments between $25 and $37 per dose of its COVID-19 vaccine candidate, depending on the amount ordered, Chief Executive Stephane Bancel told German weekly Welt am Sonntag (WamS).
"Our vaccine therefore costs about the same as a flu shot, which is between $10 and $50," he was quoted as saying.

On Monday, an EU official involved in the talks said the European Commission wanted to reach a deal with Moderna for the supply of millions of doses of its vaccine candidate for a price below $25 per dose.

"Nothing is signed yet, but we're close to a deal with the EU Commission. We want to deliver to Europe and are in constructive talks," Bancel told WamS, adding it was just a "matter of days" until a contract would be ready.

Moderna has said its experimental vaccine is 94.5% effective in preventing COVID-19, based on interim data from a late-stage clinical trial, becoming the second developer to report results that far exceeded expectations after Pfizer and its partner BioNTech.

The EU has been in talks with Moderna for its experimental COVID-19 vaccine at least since July. (Reporting by Christoph Steitz; Editing by Mark Potter)

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 20 2020, 11:44 AM
  Quote Post

Just to remind my good friend, 'loops, next week is Thanksgiving.

With two vaccines nearly on market, what will happen by next week I wonder. A deal by the main players or maybe nothing.

Frustrating to be sure but at least the end of Covid is coming into focus.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 18 2020, 02:30 PM
  Quote Post

If TPP was concluded ages ago albeit without the Americans and now more recently, the Americans have renegotiated their NAFTA agreement while the CHinese have signed on with RCEP, then the only regional FTA not restructured, reworked or altered in some form is the US-EU one.

Perhaps that is the hold up. Especially since Brexit is in the mix as well.

It makes sense nothing happens until that mess is sorted.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 18 2020, 06:28 AM
  Quote Post

I find it strange how MRNA and Pfizer can be the leaders in covid vaccines using a siRNA technology while ALNY isnt even on the radar.

If ALNY is to remain the worlds leading gene therapy company they're going to have to get a piece of whatever Pfizer and Moderna have.

--------------------

Featured Stock Stories

plastic
post Posted: Nov 15 2020, 07:01 PM
  Quote Post

The deal is done. Nobody can with full sincerity believe a deal like this gets done without American involvement. Remember the sticking point in TPP? It was biologic and IP data. Which goes back to Obama declaring America was having a biotech Sputnik moment.

This will be why China congratulated Biden. Lets see if Trump concedes this week. Or the next few. But most importantly, lets see if we get a deal on the back of the Pfizer and soon to be released Covid data.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/opposit...U4PISVQAADGXDI/

Fifteen countries in the Asia-Pacific region have signed the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP) deal.

It's the world's largest free trade agreement, has been eight years in the making and came into fruition today via a virtual summit hosted in Hanoi, Vietnam.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 13 2020, 07:13 PM
  Quote Post

Nothing doing in NZ at least. But if you want to talk about unlucky for some, there might be a message in this.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/china-cong...T7OYYFVDQFCKDQ/

China today became one of the last major countries to congratulate Joe Biden on being elected US president.

I wonder what has changed for them to change their minds? Because as far as I can tell, nothing has changed.

I guess maybe the deal is done. Which means Trump will concede.

America has finally caught up after having its biotech sputnik moment during the Obama years if it is done.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 12 2020, 11:16 PM
  Quote Post

Today is a Friday the 13th. Ominous to say the least at this stage of the game.

--------------------

plastic
post Posted: Nov 11 2020, 02:35 PM
  Quote Post

"A week or so".

That puts us right on top of Thanksgiving.

Who'd have thought?

--------------------

986 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING