Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

4833 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 > »    

Reply to this topic

CUV, CLINUVEL PHARMACEUTICALS LIMITED
macgyver
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:22 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NewToCli's post @ Oct 9 2019, 05:06 AM

Interesting scenario of which I'm very curious about. Its a question of ethics versus profitability for PW. He's been adamant about Scenesse being used specifically for medicinal purposes, whether that was to appease the FDA or a genuine deep seated belief in administering Scenesse according to an ethically rigorous regime I'm not sure.. However, if the FDA has granted approval without conditions then hopefully PW can remain mute on the subject without contradicting his stance and let the future take its course.

There is nothing unethical about off label for medicinal purposes, indeed as I've mentioned before it would be unethical to withhold treatment for an extended period from patients suffering other afflictions if Scenesse is available now.

Off Label use for psoriasis, Hailey-Hailey Disease and other afflictions would put a rocket under the sp as long as reimbursement is given. Today is the tipping point, tomorrow we'll see...

By the way I'm tipping the trading halt to cease between 11:30am and 1:30 pm AEST. one word for the shorts: FIRE!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: NewToCli  PortugueseMan  scipio79  haigoooo  Alaaf  Starfire  endymion96  mrdax  BIG BLUE NATION  Farleap11  IntiRaymi  

NewToCli
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:19 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: stmccallum's post @ Oct 9 2019, 05:16 AM

Great, I will get one in the states after roll out and put the cash on the table...

The USA is a state of capitalism.... why shouldnt beauty docs advertise it: "We have Botox, now we also have Scenesse.." ... why dont you get it both in one treatment....
Then while one guy puts the Botox in the face the other ticks the implant in the hip...

we are sitting on a gold mine people... this approval without restrictions is a gold mine !!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: sharelooker  scipio79  royco  PortugueseMan  haigoooo  odi01  Alaaf  IntiRaymi  

stmccallum
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:16 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: scipio79's post @ Oct 9 2019, 05:10 AM

Your insurance won't pay for it, but if you can find a Doc or licensed HCP to prescribe and administer it yes you will have to pay out of pocket.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: scipio79  NewToCli  haigoooo  IntiRaymi  

seeva222
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:15 AM
  Quote Post

“six hours for patients receiving Scenesse and 0.75 hours for patients receiving placebo. “

8x

Said 'Thanks' for this post: NewToCli  royco  haigoooo  IntiRaymi  

scipio79
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:10 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NewToCli's post @ Oct 9 2019, 05:06 AM

If a private payer can find a doctor to prescribe it for, say, cancer prevention, for a fair skinned actress, such is OK under US law.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  mrdax  CUV88  NewToCli  haigoooo  Farleap11  IntiRaymi  

endymion96
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Oct 9 2019, 04:56 AM

Go to lunch, not expecting any news ... and look what happens!!! I've been an owner of this company since 2004 ... back when 2006 was supposed to be the celebration year that Epitan got this drug approved. I found out about the company because I was researching a way to protect myself from extreme sunburn. Of course, after doing the requisite research I learned that I'm just one of those people who cannot tan due to a genetic defect on my melanocyte receptors. This drug provided hope for me in that respect, but it will now provide treatments for others with worse conditions as well. As they say, I'm not only a buyer, I'm also (hopefully) a user of this wonder drug. Cheers to all of you who have weathered this storm together with me. Its been such a long road ... we can finally take a little break and rest a little easier.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: royco  scipio79  mrdax  the near future  johnnytech  juxtaposer  hibchibbler  KRD  haigoooo  Alaaf  George111  Kalaz  Farleap11  IntiRaymi  

sentifi.com

Share Cafe Sentifi Top themes and market attention on:

juxtaposer
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:08 AM
  Quote Post

Back in the late 1990s my son was sitting in a Medical Science lecture on melanin. He turned to his friend and said “ imagine if you could artificially stimulate production of that? We should get into that”. His friend replied “Too late there’s a company in Melbourne already doing it”. And so it began. We were scraping by putting 2 kids through uni and had little money to invest.

Then Epitan fell over and it all seemed to go down the drain. The remnants of the company hired Phillipe Wolgan so my son sent him a letter with a few ideas on what he thought they might do. At this time my son was doing his honours year locked up in the animal house putting sun screen on naked mice. PW replied and flew him down to Melbourne and offered him a job. For various reasons he didn’t take it up but he came away very impressed with the new team leader.

This board and my son’s belief in the science has fed the stamina necessary during the desperate days over the years.

The real winners here are the EPP sufferers and PW and Deseree Lyon (?) who have kept this ship on course through the appalling storms along the way.

Everyone can enjoy the sunshine that has finally broken out on this extraordinary drug.

Congratulations!!!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: scipio79  royco  mrdax  the near future  seeva222  TheG1000  Lisa0825  hibchibbler  KRD  investek  odi01  FarmaZutical  Alaaf  George111  Kalaz  Verharven  Texas T  Farleap11  Clinhope  IntiRaymi  nisperoy  polytek  

NewToCli
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:06 AM
  Quote Post

Im curious about the following thought experiment. Scenesse should be administered by a trained doc.. but it doesnt say it MUST... so, another doctor also can apply it.... So, what if I am a hollywood star and I want some tan refreshement for the winter... why shouldnt be there doctors in L.A. to advertise Scenesse treatment for those effects.... just pay private if not used for EPP... any issues?

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mrdax  royco  the near future  haigoooo  Alaaf  IntiRaymi  

epimatic
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 05:05 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: Johnny H's post @ Oct 9 2019, 04:56 AM

Congratulations to all share holders and the communities that need this miracle drug the most. To say it was a long time coming would be the understatement of the century, but well done! Time to pop a expensive champagne!

Said 'Thanks' for this post: scipio79  Johnny H  endymion96  the near future  Alaaf  Kalaz  Farleap11  Clinhope  IntiRaymi  

Johnny H
post Posted: Oct 9 2019, 04:56 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: NewToCli's post @ Oct 9 2019, 04:15 AM

This new data is absolutely critical to EPP patients getting reimbursed in the US.
It shows that Scenesse is 60 TIMES more effective than the original phase III data showed.

What could have been a struggle for patients is now a given.

Well done, Clinuvel. Bravo!

--------------------
Clinuvel until my bowels release for the last time.

4833 Pages (Click to Jump) V  « < 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING