Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

Reply to this topic

AQZ, ALLIANCE AVIATION SERVICES LIMITED
blacksheep
post Posted: Feb 1 2019, 06:28 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Feb 1 2019, 12:15 PM

Response to QANTAS media announcement
Alliance Aviation Services Limited (“Alliance”) refers to the media announcement by Qantas
Airways Limited (ASX: QAN) (“Qantas”) released this morning that it now has a 19.9%
holding in Alliance.

The Board has not received any approach from Qantas at the time of this media
announcement.

Alliance will release its half year results to the market next week.

Alliance is being advised by Catapult Partners as financial adviser and Herbert Smith
Freehills as legal adviser.

SP up 8.7% @ $2.50
Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Feb 1 2019, 12:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Dec 19 2017, 08:14 PM

Macquarie's equities desk has helped Qantas Airways get its hands on a 19.99 per cent stake in listed contract and charter flights operator Alliance Aviation.

Qantas revealed a $60 million stake in Alliance Aviation on Friday morning, saying it had paid $2.40 a share on average for the stock...
... taking off or holding pattern?

“Qantas expects to ultimately seek regulatory approval from the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission to build on its current shareholding, with a longer-term view of taking a majority position in Alliance Airlines in order to better serve the charter market by unlocking synergies,” a Qantas statement says

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Dec 19 2017, 08:14 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: nipper's post @ Nov 30 2017, 07:30 AM

SP continues to rise on no news - see up dated chart

Attached thumbnail(s)
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

nipper
post Posted: Nov 30 2017, 07:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 29 2017, 10:16 PM

Airlines can be tricky businesses
and then some. Compass I and II, anyone? TAA, Ansett? Let alone national flag carriers, subsidies, prestige, ego and pretension.

Most of Alliance's biz is FIFO and that would be regular predictable contract work. I was at Perth's Terminal 2 a while back and felt very much in the minority as I wasn't wearing HiViz clothing.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

Said 'Thanks' for this post: blacksheep  

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 29 2017, 10:16 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: ShareScene.com's post @ Dec 20 2011, 01:57 PM

Not sure what sparked today's SP rise - up 7.72%.

AGM was held 2/11 - see below extract Chairman's address. IOOF recently increased their holdings and directors dividends were reinvested into shares - good sign, although one sold a few on market. Don't know too much else by way of background on this company, so DYOR - airlines can be tricky investments

During the last year the strategy delivered:
 The ACCC approval of the Virgin Australia/Alliance Airlines charter partnership and
an increase in wet lease flying throughout regional Queensland;
 The launch of three Regular Passenger Transport routes: two to regional
Queensland and one to regional New South Wales;
 Increase of 11% of the group’s total flying hours;
 The continued development of the aviation services business including the sale of
three ex-Austrian aircraft; and
 Continued debt reduction and an increase of 50% in the fully franked dividend paid
to shareholders.

The result of all the items I have listed is that the company is reporting a Profit Before Tax
for the year ended 30 June 2017 of $19.6 million, which is an increase of 45%.
As a consequence we have again successfully delivered a result in line with the business
strategy that the Directors and management have set for the company.

I would also like to highlight that even though we have had a substantial increase in flying
activity over the last 12 months Alliance has maintained its industry leading on time
performance of 95%.

Last year the Directors re-instated the dividend and declared a fully franked dividend of 2.0
cents per share. From discussions with various shareholders this was well received. It
was pleasing to be able to increase the dividend payment to 3.0 cents per share for the
year ended 30 June 2017.

Whilst on the topic of shareholders, the Board of Directors wish to thank you for your
welcome and continued support over the last 12 months.

The results above have led to an increase of the share price by 56% since the year end
and an increase in market capitalisation over the last 12 months from $91 million to $182
million.

https://www.shortman.com.au/stock?q=aqz
Attached Image

--------------------

ShareScene.com
post Posted: Dec 20 2011, 01:57 PM
  Quote Post

Created by request:

ALLIANCE AVIATION SERVICES LIMITED (AQZ)

Regards,
ShareScene.com

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING