Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

SFR, SANDFIRE RESOURCES NL
nipper
post Posted: Feb 8 2019, 07:13 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: blacksheep's post @ Nov 9 2017, 07:27 PM

It is no secret that acquisitions are set to be on the agenda for Sandfire Resources, but there is a growing belief that the most likely targets are Metals X and Panoramic Resources.

Sandfire’s market value is $1.19 billion, but Metals X is worth $251 million and Panoramic $232m so both would easily be within its grasp..............
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/d...1e2070550f6f54e

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

blacksheep
post Posted: Nov 9 2017, 07:27 PM
  Quote Post

Recent Bloomberg article on copper - http://www.mining.com/web/copper-traders-m...s-future-metal/

And, FWIW, a recent upgrade by Credit Suisse
Credit Suisse has upped its outlook on copper prices as the market continues to strengthen.

It now forecasts copper to average US$2.65/lb in 2018, up from a prior forecast of US$2.05/lb.

Copper prices have firmed from $3.09 per pound to $3.15 over the past few trading sessions.

Prices have risen by around 50% over the past year against a strengthening global economic outlook as well as expectations that copper will see rising demand from electric cars.

On the supply side, long-term geological scarcity is also a bullish factor for prices.

Credit Suisse named Australian miners OZ Minerals and Sandfire Resources as some of the likely beneficiaries of copper`s buoyancy, raising its price target on the two miners.

Read more: Credit Suisse raises copper price target | Capital.com

https://capital.com/credit-suisse-raises-copper-price-target
Attached Image

--------------------
The herd instinct among forecasters makes sheep look like independent thinkers. Edgar Fiedler

If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter. George Washington

backlog
post Posted: Jul 31 2015, 04:45 PM
  Quote Post

On fundamentals this is starting to look pretty good:

https://simplywall.st/ASX:SFR/sandfire-resources-nl

balance
post Posted: Jul 24 2013, 03:32 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jul 12 2012, 08:39 PM

I have read that OZL will offload its holding here to help finance the purchase of rio's North Parkes mine

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jul 12 2012, 08:39 PM
  Quote Post

Sandfire is ripe for takeover says bloomberg.
Get on it.!

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-11/s...t-real-m-a.html

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  

nipper
post Posted: Feb 21 2012, 11:57 AM
  Quote Post

from 'speccie' to producer

It is easy to lose track of the scale of what is happening, in resources development, when things are reduced to 3 letter codes, and abstractions.

Sandfire SFR have an announcement out 17 Feb - DeGrussa Project pictorial update . well worth a look; photo on p11 - that's a small town they have built.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

acd
post Posted: Aug 3 2011, 03:41 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: acd's post @ Aug 2 2011, 05:11 PM

.......ooops!!!!
acd

acd
post Posted: Aug 2 2011, 05:11 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: macduffy's post @ Nov 30 2010, 08:56 AM

Looks like we might hit their price target tomorrow, where to next?

acd

macduffy
post Posted: Nov 30 2010, 08:56 AM
  Quote Post

A little bit late in the day, perhaps, but UBS initiates coverage of SFR with a Buy recommendation!

"SFR - SANDFIRE RESOURCES NL UBS rates SFR as Buy - Initiation of Coverage (1) - The broker has initiated coverage on the stock with a Buy rating, reflecting a positive view on near-term production and exploration upside as the company develops the DeGrussa project in Western Australia.

The project's open pit operations should produce around 39kt of copper, while the broker expects the underground operations will produce around 64kt of copper and 74koz of gold annually.

Price target is set at the broker's valuation of $8.70.

Target price is $8.70 Current Price is $7.22 Difference: $1.48 If SFR meets the UBS target it will return approximately 20% (excluding dividends, fees and charges).

The company's fiscal year ends in June. UBS forecasts a full year FY11 dividend of 0.00 cents and EPS of 1.00 cents .

At the last closing share price the stock's estimated Price to Earnings Ratio (PER) is 722.00. Market Sentiment: 1.0 "

macduffy
post Posted: Nov 29 2010, 06:15 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: err's post @ Nov 29 2010, 04:53 PM

With 19.7% of SFR, OZL are in a pretty strong position to at least share in what should be a very successful company.

While I don't see SFR falling completely into OZL's clutches in the short to medium term, I don't see OZL being prepared to give up its stake. Stalemate on the takeover front is therefore likely meanwhile but OZL have shown that they are prepared to be patient in spending their cash. Of course, someone else might bid for SFR!

cool.gif

5 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING