Registered Members Login:

Forgotten Your Details? Click Here To Recover +
Welcome To The ShareCafe Community - Talk Shares And Take Stock With Smart Investors - New Here? Click To Register >

476 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > »    

Reply to this topic

CRICKET
nipper
post Posted: Yesterday, 09:08 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: balance's post @ Yesterday, 07:30 AM

Teamwork. Brilliance. Couldn't script it (which is the whole point).

Thanks for posting.

--------------------
"Every long-term security is nothing more than a claim on some expected future stream of cash that will be delivered into the hands of investors over time. For a given stream of expected future cash payments, the higher the price investors pay today for that stream of cash, the lower the long-term return they will achieve on their investment over time." - Dr John Hussman

"If I had even the slightest grasp upon my own faculties, I would not make essays, I would make decisions." ― Michel de Montaigne

balance
post Posted: Yesterday, 07:30 AM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: triage's post @ Jan 19 2019, 06:59 PM

For those that have not seen it here it is
Brilliant cricket under pressure. They should gave run 3 easily but the woman who was run out was banking on the 4 and blew it. The one running to the keeper's end was home by metres.
Great save by Burns, excellent throw to Healey and her throw for the direct hit run out was exceptional work. What a finish!

--------------------
Day Trader: Lowest form of life in the known universe.
Shorter: Can limbo under a day trader.
Investor: Salt of the Earth.Sits to the right of God (Warren Buffet)
Share prices are only ever manipulated down.
Paper losses are not really losses.
Chat site posters always know better & know more than anyone about anything.
I'm 29.
The cheque is in the mail.

Said 'Thanks' for this post: nipper  triage  

triage
post Posted: Jan 19 2019, 06:59 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 19 2019, 05:30 PM

J - I listened to some of the call on ABC radio for both games. Really competitive stuff, and fantastic endings to both games. Healy's run out on the last ball of the Sixers Renegades game was also the work of a champion. But yeah it does look like Perry can do it all. Great stuff. Shame the boy cricketers cannot get their acts together and play like professionals.

The women also showed up the men at the tennis, if not in results then at least in effort. If it were up to me I'd ban both Tomic and Kyrios from all Australian tournaments for being incorrigible d!ckheads.

--------------------
"The market can stay irrational longer than you can stay solvent." John Maynard Keynes

"The crisis takes a much longer time coming than you think, and then it happens much faster than you would have thought." Rudiger Dornbush

Mozart fixes everything and Messi is a dog

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 19 2019, 05:30 PM
  Quote Post

Be nice if the men had an equivalent to Ellyse Perry ..........

She just finished off the Melbourne Renegades in the women's semi-final with a 6 in the super over ........ after scoring 50+ and taking wickets, catches, run-outs for a Player of the Match performance.
She debuted for Australia before her 17th birthday, also played soccer for Australia in the Matildas, and has played in World Cups in both soccer and cricket. Back to cricket ......

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/257...on-ellyse-perry

Have a read of this article about her not yet finished season in the WBBL ........ extraordinary !! If you check out her overall performances in cricinfo her stats are impressive to say the least.

Now, where's the male edition of Ellyse ?

Cheers
J

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 18 2019, 02:56 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 18 2019, 02:08 PM

5 down for not enough, slow scoring rate, and once gain, Stoinis comes in ahead of Maxwell, fails agfain.
How many more rescue attempts does he have to go through?

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 18 2019, 02:08 PM
  Quote Post

As Khawaja and Marsh limp along at 50% strike rate, the pressure will build on the next poor batsmen. Finch fails again. Aussies in trouble.

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 17 2019, 02:21 PM
  Quote Post

“Finchy’s not far off from making some runs,” Langer said.

“He is working so hard and just needs that little bit of luck to turn things around.”

I'll bet some other Australian cricketers wished they would get the same lenient treatment.

Cheers
J

Said 'Thanks' for this post: mullokintyre  

mullokintyre
post Posted: Jan 15 2019, 08:38 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: henrietta's post @ Jan 15 2019, 08:34 PM

Probably for the same reason he gets to bat after Stoinis.
Someone does not like maxi. someomne with clout.

Last game, Stoinis batted like a tortoise, and maxi came in after him and shoed how its done.
Same this time, but maxi got a longer hit.

Mick

--------------------
sent from my Olivetti Typewriter.

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 15 2019, 08:34 PM
  Quote Post

Wonder why Maxwell isn't getting a bowl at this stage ??

Cheers
J

henrietta
post Posted: Jan 15 2019, 08:00 PM
  Quote Post

In Reply To: mullokintyre's post @ Jan 15 2019, 04:21 PM

Yes Mick, Marsh has an average of 40 in one -dayers, and has performed. My concern is that he is 35+ and we need some younger batsmen coming through.
I see that Usman was successful with his latest catch, so hopefully he can continue.

Would be a turn-up if we can beat India today, but it's a tall order.

Finch not performing at all ...... that's a worry.

Cheers
J

476 Pages (Click to Jump) V   1 2 3 4 > » 

Back To Top Of Page
Reply to this topic

You agree through the use of ShareCafe, that you understand and accept the TERMS OF USE.

TERMS OF USE  -  CONTACT ADMIN  -  ADVERTISING